2012 Fantasy Football Smack Talk

aylbert

It is funny how the draft lasts two and a half to three weeks, and seems so slow and tedious at times, but it ends as usual with the no-huddle rush of the last couple of days to finish it off against the odds. I didn't envy CRASHER this time around having to babysit long pick delays around him :lol:

At least there was no real contreversy this year, nobody got autopicked (well until pick #180), nobody drafted a player that was already drafted and there were no natural disasters. Of course, there was the usual quota of WTF picks, a few trades, trash-talking and unpredictability.

It is funny how the draft lasts two and a half to three weeks, and seems so slow and tedious at times, but it ends as usual with the no-huddle rush of the last couple of days to finish it off against the odds. I didn't envy CRASHER this time around having to babysit long pick delays around him :lol:

At least there was no real contreversy this year, nobody got autopicked (well until pick #180), nobody drafted a player that was already drafted and there were no natural disasters. Of course, there was the usual quota of WTF picks, a few trades, trash-talking and unpredictability.

I did hide the one instance of an out of turn pick, drafting someone that was already drafted :)

And I would say nobody got auto-picked. MJ wasn't given any time, and I think would have had the option to switch if he didn't want the player Crasher gave him.

Overall, I feel this draft went better than last year. I didn't feel compelled to compile times this year... some picks did go on for quite a while, but they were offset by some unusual fast drafting which made up for it. Rounds 14/15 are always very quick as they are usually just crapshots at kickers and filling their last obvious need

For this group, actually thanking me DOES come off like smack talk :giggle:

I want to see how my Sunday games play out before I start chirping.....I already blew one by being paranoid and benching Dumbo in my money league :P

lol who did you bench him for?

And I'm sure the smack talk will start after more than one game is played.

Russel Wilson....the whole "better matchup vs Arizona" thing was too much for my cynical anti-Cowboy mood :P

If Wilson gets close to the 34 points Dumbo had last night ...I'll feel better (my 3rd option is Flacco, but i don't like that vs the Bengals either.....I have till Sunday to waffle on this....)

This is smacktalk??? Anyway, I agree and appreciate all the efforts Crasher/Aylbert/Has for keeping everyone on track and meeting our objectives...in a dramatic finish.

I think you overpaid for Graham... /smack #ImTheBestestAtSmackTalk

There is no TE in the game that will put up the number that Graham will.

Oh, I definitely agree Graham is the #1 TE... I just think you paid a hefty price to get him rather than keeping your 3rd and drafting Gates or Venon in the 4th/5th. Basically giving back the value of your keeper (Cruz) to the draft.

I think both sides are happy how that trade ended up though.

How were waivers set up? They should have been the inverse of the draft order (meaning I picked 11th, should have had the #2 waiver priority).

I missed out on Ogletree because of it.

To be clear, I'm not asking for any changes... as I was weary of doing it anyway, and will take it as a sign. But still...

I had turned off the waiver list from Wednesday to Friday to give MJ the first crack at whoever he wanted.....when I flipped it back on it randomized it....I'm not a big fan of the whole waiver thing and always prefer the first come first serve method that my other leagues use...

I had turned off the waiver list from Wednesday to Friday to give MJ the first crack at whoever he wanted.....when I flipped it back on it randomized it....I'm not a big fan of the whole waiver thing and always prefer the first come first serve method that my other leagues use...

1) You could of just asked him if he wanted someone, and just edited his roster for the pick he shouldn't have been autopicked on

2) Waivers are important, first come first serve is a horrible method. Especially since its event driven (injury/performance) It shouldnt be a race to see who saw the news first and got to their pc/phone. Also, waiver priority makes you think differently about randomly adding people off waivers. (because then you miss out on the next big add)

Edited by aylbert

I usually avoid any debate when it comes to this league, but I'll chime in here. Since MJ had first option where to pick, and chose to pick last, shouldn't that negate him getting 1st choice at waivers? Unless that was part of his thinking when he picked to go 12th.

It's really more of a theoretical discussion as nothing is changing.

I don't think anyone is picking their slot in their draft to position their waiver priority. Waiver priority is set as reverse order of your 1st round draft spot traditionally, and honestly, I still think that should be the case. Why? It's essentially the start of Round 16... and if we had such a round, he would have been 1st there.

You could argue the case that priority should be randomized, since we chose our spots... well, except one :) But ultimately, I'm a fan of the reverse of the 1st round.

Waivers are important, first come first serve is a horrible method. Especially since its event driven (injury/performance) It shouldnt be a race to see who saw the news first and got to their pc/phone. Also, waiver priority makes you think differently about randomly adding people off waivers. (because then you miss out on the next big add)

Untrue, and why not?? Opportunity comes to those who make it, and why shouldn't the guy on top of his game and knowing what's going on have an edge over the guy who has a random number in a waiver list? (hence my team name :P )

and if it's event driven, the first to witness the event SHOULD have an advantage....knowledge is power....

again my other two leagues run like this and no one else cares in those leagues......

Untrue, and why not?? Opportunity comes to those who make it, and why shouldn't the guy on top of his game and knowing what's going on have an edge over the guy who has a random number in a waiver list? (hence my team name :P )

and if it's event driven, the first to witness the event SHOULD have an advantage....knowledge is power....

again my other two leagues run like this and no one else cares in those leagues......

And in every other league I've ever been in, waivers exist. There are weekly columns/shows etc dedicate to the waiver wire...

It doesn't matter, we have waivers here... so no sense arguing for them :)

Soooo... I went to switch QBs and it went through as a free agent transaction. Where are waivers?

Why do you guys keep asking about waivers? They don't exist in this league, except when you yourself drop a player (or immediately after the draft for whatever reason), so to prevent collusion. I do find it amusing that three straight Jets got free agent picked up...I still want to see this offense against a GOOD team :P

I am regretting drafting Fitz over Locker and others as my backup in my other league. Kinda regretting passing on the Jets defense here too, but with my luck if I had drafted them they'd be giving up 30 this week lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978