World Junior Championship

SterioDesign

Looks like the games are going to be on NHL Network if anyone wants to watch. Canada is currently leading Finland 3-1 a few minutes into the 2nd.

I'm still hoping Visentin doesn't play well so Wedgewood can steal the starting job. Also look forward to watching Merrill at 8 tonight when the US takes on Denmark.

Schedule Here

Visentin is a non-factor so far since Canada is dominating that game as usual... heard they would split the games for their goalies though...

I hope so. I want to see what Wedgewood can do for himself. He sounded pretty calm about the whole experience.

https://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

"Nothing official just yet but I'm hearing Devante Smith-Pelly's X-rays showed a fracture and he's likely out of #2012WJC. Stay tuned. #TSN"

Bad news for Canada...also some bad news for Finland:

"FIN also lost a player -- defenceman Olli Maata, a likely first rounder in 2012 NHL draft from London Knights, suffered apparent concussion."

Edited by thefiestygoat

Merril had an assist last night- anyone see any of the game? Was wondering how he looked.

OK. Just OK really. The whole team looked choppy. They were really forcing the puck alot. Merril threw it away a couple of times. Good skater with a shot and thats what I hope he brings to NJ. Needs work, no doubt.

Campbell looked weak on the 2nd Denmark goal.

I hope the US plasters Canada. All game it was 'lets go denmark'. i cant wait till we demolish them :D

Merril had an assist last night- anyone see any of the game? Was wondering how he looked.

OK. Just OK really. The whole team looked choppy. They were really forcing the puck alot. Merril threw it away a couple of times. Good skater with a shot and thats what I hope he brings to NJ. Needs work, no doubt.

Campbell looked weak on the 2nd Denmark goal.

I hope the US plasters Canada. All game it was 'lets go denmark'. i cant wait till we demolish them :D

The Finnish goalie played well, the US was getting shots but couldn't finish. They also seemed to be passing up chances a bit too much but that's nitpicking. I don't think you can blame Gibson solely for the US collapse in the 3rd but the penalty he took when they got the PP and had all the moment was a huge turning point. Merrill didn't do much of note (the 3rd Finnish goal deflected off of him though) but overall I thought he was steady. Skates well and seems to see the ice well.

DVR-ing the Canada game tonight to watch Wedgewood.

The Finnish goalie played well, the US was getting shots but couldn't finish. They also seemed to be passing up chances a bit too much but that's nitpicking. I don't think you can blame Gibson solely for the US collapse in the 3rd but the penalty he took when they got the PP and had all the moment was a huge turning point. Merrill didn't do much of note (the 3rd Finnish goal deflected off of him though) but overall I thought he was steady. Skates well and seems to see the ice well.

DVR-ing the Canada game tonight to watch Wedgewood.

The US could've won that game, but good lord do I hate their team plan. When they cross the blueline they are looking to shoot. If the shot's not there, try to make a move so that one is there. Whatever you do, DON'T PASS THE PUCK TO A TEAMMATE, he is probably not as good of a shooter as you!

It's upsetting that the apotheosis of American hockey right now is Zach Parise. Parise is a great player obviously, but that's basically the ceiling for this style of play.