Iginla officially traded to Pittsburgh

SterioDesign

Now getting dagostini kinda feels like when ur 17 and you only get an homemade xmas card with some 2nd hand clothes for christmas while you look at the window your neighbord getting his 4th BMW....

Then your parents try to convince you that its all you needed to be happy.

Edited by SterioDesign

Pittsburgh is the Cosmo Kramer of the NHL. They fall ass backwards into generational draft picks, bring over really strong talent from other teams and become the darlings of the NHL each season.

What would be awesome is if Pittsburgh lost all of it's remaining games and missed the playoffs.

A lot of envy on the board tonight. If the Penguins don't win it all, they just gave up a lot of future for some rentals. I'm not ready to crown them just yet. They need to win 4 best of 7's like anyone else. 

Agreed, no doubt they are favorites in the East but they'll still have to go through a 2 month battle to win it all. Easier said than done.

Some info on the prospects:

@coreypronman

"Agostino is a hard working forward, has good skill, tough, protects puck well but he's small. Average speed. Projects as a 3L forward."

"Seen a lot of Hanowski recently. Good hockey sense, average skill, great shot, skating is an issue. Ok 2L potential. Good PP guy."

I just hate the whole "list" thing. You wanna leave fine, but let us get the most for when we trade you. Let us explore all options. Don't just says these 5 teams are the only teams ill go to. Yeah he wants to go to a good team but he is a UFA in a few months anyway. These NTC's and no shows to camp etc are getting out of control

The training camp no-shows is one thing but the teams offer the NTC's so I have no problem with players using them, especially veterans who have families that they don't want to leave or force to move.

So i thought the salary cap was supposed to stop stuff like this?

It has...   this team can't exist as a full season team.

We have 11.5mm free in actual cap...  but could add 37.5mm right now, or 47mm on the deadline day.

Pens fans must be loving this though. I know I would be.

Yeah, pretty much.  Who knows if they win it all or not (though clearly they're a favorite), but if I'm a Penguins fan, yeah, I'd be pretty excited about it. 

Well this put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.. At least now I don't have to care when we lose this season, cause it doesn't really matter

I wouldn't go that far just YET.  For one, the Devils are at least playing good enough defense that they can keep themselves in games.  They're not a fun team to watch, but when they execute, they can hang in with anyone...of course, the fact that they can't score and now don't have Kovalchuk means that most games are going to be a fight to win...I'm guessing between now and the end of the season, they go right around NHL-.500...hopefully that's enough to get into the playoffs.  It is what it is. 

Imagine how Bruins fans feel envious AND bitter

The Bruins can go fvck themselves for leaking all this stuff last night, without having the deal in the bag.  I figured Chiraelli's been around long enough to know you need player approval first when an NTC's involved.  

How long before the Pens get Bouwmeester too?  Or whatever other big name's left on the market?

Edited by NJDevs4978

Wait, what are we talking about?

This was when it was said that Boston was getting iginla. I was blaming the isles for being dumb and taking that contract off of the book from Boston. They basically gave them 5m in cap space for nothing. But I guess while I was sleeping iginla went to Pitt instead haha

Edit: and i think this means the other eastern teams need to add a decent piece as well now. Pens added 3 pieces this week (although I don't think Murray is any good) and the rest of the easy hasn't done anything to keep pace yet. Idk if pens win it though cause I really think D and goaltending is their stumbling block and they didnt address that.

Edited by njd3b1ink