NFL Week 9:

CRASHER

..where was the "clear expectations" of a team that imploded last year?? Because if there was a LOOK OUT WORLD category the Jets were on, I think I missed it. Neither the Jets nor the Dolphins had a winning record last season, and both teams missed the playoffs. The Jets had 8 wins.. Miami had 6. What lofty goals were different between the two teams? When were the Jets the *team-to-watch* going into this season? Was it when they went winless throughout the preseason? Minus Tebow, this team is nearly identical to last years. Our WR corp lost Plaxico, who had 9 TD's, and replaced him with a rookie. Our running game loses LT, and replaced him with...... fill in blank. The Jets had expectations going into 2010 after 2009, and 2011 after 2010.. but not after last season. Especially the little retooling that was done to the roster. The *expectation from the majority of NFL analyst's was; with a new OC system to learn, and thinning depth at both WR & RB, the Jets will struggle offensively. Those expectations have certainly come to fruition. Sprinkle in 11 injuries, including Holmes & Revis, our 2 best players.. and I'm supposed to be shocked we have 5 losses heading into Week 10?? --not really.

EDIT; Back on topic.. the fish have 4 wins, the Jets have 3, and we split our 2 games. Jet fans should talk draft, and Dolphin fans should talk Superbowl.

. To be fair, you're right Beez- most Jet fans I know thought they were gonna suck this year. The expectations were coming from the inside, what with Rex saying he thought it was the best team he had in his Jet coaching tenure and the whole super-secret Tebow/Wildcat stuff Sparano claimed to have cooked up that everyone knew would be a joke. My friends who are Jet fans didn't have very high expectations this year at all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say, being a Cowboys fan must be one of the most frustrating things imaginable.

It's not....you eventually learn and accept that your coaching staff will find a way to screw it up.....keep a shot of Jack Daniels handy and ingest when needed and move on....

(something a certain Bills fan needs do :P )

It's not....you eventually learn and accept that your coaching staff will find a way to screw it up.....keep a shot of Jack Daniels handy and ingest when needed and move on....

(something a certain Bills fan needs do :P )

. If anyone knows this feeling of reluctant acceptance in regards to idiotic coaching staffs, it's a Dolphins fan. Wannschmuck. Cameron. Sparano. I feel your pain Crash. Edited by MadDog2020

If anyone knows this feeling of reluctant acceptance, it's a Dolphins fan. I feel your pain Crash.

I'm grateful for the prime time games so I can drink my OWN JD and watch at home in peace.....

PS, did ANY of you idiots in all your chest thumping think MAYBE the Colts were excited and fired up with Pagano in the building?? Oh yeah emotion doesn't count right???

PSS, Tomlin should be executed for that fake FG trash.......

hey...DEFENSIVE HOLDING.....where's my bottle?

I'm grateful for the prime time games so I can drink my OWN JD and watch at home in peace.....

PS, did ANY of you idiots in all your chest thumping think MAYBE the Colts were excited and fired up with Pagano in the building?? Oh yeah emotion doesn't count right???

PSS, Tomlin should be executed for that fake FG trash.......

hey...DEFENSIVE HOLDING.....where's my bottle?

. Sure emotion counts. But the Fins did everything they could to help the Indy cause.

PS, did ANY of you idiots in all your chest thumping think MAYBE the Colts were excited and fired up with Pagano in the building?? Oh yeah emotion doesn't count

Maybe it does, but I think the guy throwing the ball had more to do with it. Man is he scary good. The lord is definitely is a Colts fan.

The minute I heard Pagano was at the game I called the person in charge of the pool and asked her to change my pic to the Colts, but I couldn't get her and the internet was down at the bar.....grrrr

You guys are underestimating emotion and what it does in an otherwise evenly matched game.....

Still about to go 9-4 this week in spite of that.....

The minute I heard Pagano was at the game I called the person in charge of the pool and asked her to change my pic to the Colts, but I couldn't get her and the internet was down at the bar.....grrrr

You guys are underestimating emotion and what it does in an otherwise evenly matched game.....

Still about to go 9-4 this week in spite of that.....

If I knew Chuck was going to be at the game, I'd never have taken the Dolphins at -1 like I did so early in the week. Either way, Colts are a great home team, so it was probably just a bad pick.

I don't think anyone did much worse than 9-4. All the major favourites won and even covered, which is as rare as it gets, It was the small favourites (Dolphins, Redskins, Giants) that had most of the trouble. No really big upsets at all this week.

Edited by devilsrule33

Giants are 6-3 and lead their division.

Miami smoked the Jets in their last game. Should a Jet fan really be killing other teams at this point?

Anyway, bizzarre stat of the day: the Ravens have been outscored over their last six games combined by seven points...yet they've managed to go 5-1 in those six games. One thing that is becoming more obvious with each week: Flacco is not an elite QB, and probably never will be...he's no scrub, and I think a team could win with him, but he's never putting a team on his back to take them to the promised land. I think the question has been answered: he's at the upper end of average, and not the lower end of elite.

They're winning ugly, but all that matters is that they're winning.

The slights against Miami and the Super Bowl Champion Giants are just bitter envy coming from a blind Jets fan.

I am afraid your take on Flacco seems correct. The potenital to be an elite QB is there for Flacco, but for some reason he can't seem to make that hurdle on a consistent basis. We are winning ugly, but will get crushed by NE, or Houston come crunch time.

Our D is weak but we are making some plays when it counts. But without Lewis and Webb it's an illusion of strength.

What happened to the Cowboys last night?

the same crap that's plagued them under the entire Jason Garrett error.....

Speaking of stuff to make you nauseous, did anyone see the display of idiocy AGAIN from Schiano this week at the end of the Raider game??

I was never more embarrassed watching the end of a football game.....I really seriously hate this fool......

the same crap that's plagued them under the entire Jason Garrett error.....

Speaking of stuff to make you nauseous, did anyone see the display of idiocy AGAIN from Schiano this week at the end of the Raider game??

I was never more embarrassed watching the end of a football game.....I really seriously hate this fool......

. No, what happened?

No, what happened?

Instead of taking knees when running out the end of the game he calls this idiotic handoffs to Doug Martin having him run around like a moron in the backfield to kill as much time as possible (Raiders out of timeouts and they show the Raiders coach with a "WTF is this stupid crap" look on his face)..... Martin ends up losing 20 yards on the drive (which was hilarious mind you), but once again at the end of the game with things over and the other team ready to concede and get the hell out of there, he has to be a damn clown and embarrass himself again.....I was wishing someone was gonna clip Martin's knees out during this joke....I can't stand Schiano as IS....all this end of game stupidity is just justifying it...it annoys me the NFL network said nothing about it....take the damn knee and get out of there (then again I'd not blame the other team for torpedoing Freeman if he DID take a knee)....I know making friends around the league is not a job requirement, but Jesus have a shred of class at the game's end......

Instead of taking knees when running out the end of the game he calls this idiotic handoffs to Doug Martin having him run around like a moron in the backfield to kill as much time as possible (Raiders out of timeouts and they show the Raiders coach with a "WTF is this stupid crap" look on his face)..... Martin ends up losing 20 yards on the drive (which was hilarious mind you), but once again at the end of the game with things over and the other team ready to concede and get the hell out of there, he has to be a damn clown and embarrass himself again.....I was wishing someone was gonna clip Martin's knees out during this joke....I can't stand Schiano as IS....all this end of game stupidity is just justifying it...it annoys me the NFL network said nothing about it....take the damn knee and get out of there (then again I'd not blame the other team for torpedoing Freeman if he DID take a knee)....I know making friends around the league is not a job requirement, but Jesus have a shred of class at the game's end......

. Maybe Schiano was afraid of a little of his own medicine on the kneel down. :P

Maybe Schiano was afraid of a little of his own medicine on the kneel down. :P

He should be....the lil fish is making WAY too much noise and the Sharks in the big pond are gonna find him and chew his ass up!!

San Diego, Atlanta and Denver are coming up on the schedule too.....

Lmfao, the Cowboys locked Jerry Jones out of the locker room last night. http://profootballta...oom-after-game/

He was quoting as saying "if he was the GM he'd fire himself" too.....well....

The only emotion I have for this team now is disgust.....

Jerry Jones while making tons of money off the history of the Dallas Cowboys has pretty much made them a joke, post Jimmy Johnson.

That being said, there is a Special on the NFL Network looking at Jimmy Johnson and how HE built them into Superbowl Champions, which could have been a dynasty if Jones wasn't so insecure.

I didn't see the end of the game, so I just looked at the play-by-play of the box score to find out what happened. Since Oakland used their last time out after 1st down with 1:31 to go, the Bucs could not kneel down twice to end the game. Two kneels would leave about 7 seconds left so if you didn't want Oakland to get the ball back, you would have to waste a bit of time running around which the Bucs did.

Here is the thing though. Because Oakland called timeout with 1:31 left down 10, making sure Tampa could not kneel down two more times to end the game, I think that gives Coach Schiano cart blanche to do whatever he wants. It was Oakland's dumb timeout that made it so the game couldn't end after 3rd down. But something tells me Mr. Schiano does not believe in kneeling down anyway. So Denis Allen might have been pissed after the 1st down wasn't a kneel so he called timeout. One of those, if you aren't going into victory formation, I am not conceding the game as a coach either....type deals...which led to this crap.

Proper NFL protocol is to kneel 4 times if it is more than a 1 score game and turn the ball over, where the losing team left with any clock will also kneel to end the game.

Edited by devilsrule33