Bad news: Elias has Hep. A

PacificDevil

Главный тренер магнитогорского "Металлурга" Марек Сикора сообщил корреспонденту "СЭ" Алексею ЕВСТИФЕЕВУ, что у нападающего Патрика Элиаша подтвержден диагноз - "гепатит А".

Начав курс лечения в Магнитогорске, форвард затем принял решение вернуться на родину и 12 марта улетел в Чехию. "Называются разные сроки выздоровления игрока, - сказал Сикора. - Но думаю, что Патрику примерно на два-три месяца нужно забыть о хоккее".

This is the part about Elias. My high school Russian is rusty but it says he'll be out about 2-3 months.

Edit: I bolded his name. :)

Edited by LizDevil30

Hrm. Reading the symptoms, that sounds an awful lot like what I have had the past few weeks. Except for the jaundice.

No need to worry. Hep A you beat on your own. It's the B and C which are the scary ones. A co-worker had B and had to take these really, really, really nasty drugs for a year which would pretty much knock him out for days at a time. So he'd take the pills on Friday and he'd recover enough strength to come in to work on Tuesday. And even then he looked like death warmed over. With Hep C, you might as well start looking for a new liver.

Treatment for Hep A:

Stay in bed for a few days to a week. Don't drink alcohol.

And that be it. I can't see how Hep A can keep you out for 3 months.

Hrm. Reading the symptoms, that sounds an awful lot like what I have had the past few weeks. Except for the jaundice.

No need to worry. Hep A you beat on your own. It's the B and C which are the scary ones. A co-worker had B and had to take these really, really, really nasty drugs for a year which would pretty much knock him out for days at a time. So he'd take the pills on Friday and he'd recover enough strength to come in to work on Tuesday. And even then he looked like death warmed over. With Hep C, you might as well start looking for a new liver.

Treatment for Hep A:

Stay in bed for a few days to a week. Don't drink alcohol.

And that be it. I can't see how Hep A can keep you out for 3 months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Butch Vig from Garbage suffered from a nasty case of Hep A...doctors didn't think he was going to make it. Would have been such an incredible life cut way too short. Ironic that there's discussion of Cobain in OT, Vig produced the notorious Nevermind album. Not only a great drummer, but an amazing producer as well.

Anyways, Hep. A is no laughing matter either. I'm very happy to hear he isn't suffering from B or C, but wow, that's gotta be scary no matter what, eh?

EDIT: I don't know my ABCs...I put one letter instead of the other! :doh1:

Edited by RoughDraft

Pisser... one of my friends had HepA- it wasn't bad at all - He was out of our show for about two weeks then ready to roll so baring complicaitons Patty shoudl be fine.

Oy vey, because I'm a gossipy little wench ... sheesh did he HAVE to provide more fuel for the rumor mill?

<_< I'm sure he just got it from that nasty Russian shellfish. :evil:

I had seen something about this in the Czech papers DenikSport and Sportonoviny but was unable to get a good translation through internet translation sites. It did sound like he was pretty sick. If anyone knows how to read Czech and can translate them I will post the address to the few that I saw.

beleive me, you have more of a chance of "catching" hep or any other illness from a USA-shluka than any of them in Russia.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

USA-shluka hmmm....perhaps --- but if we were talkin' Russkavo ... :unsure: I'm not so sure :uni:

ohhhh... i'm not being very subtle am I? :argh:

looking at the rosters from the first two games that Metellurg played, Elias did not play at all.

Sykora played and is actually doing very well - in two games , he has 3 points - 1 goal and 2 assists - with the goal being the game winner on saturday.