Devils Waive Olesz

thefiestygoat

Olesz has bad hands is slow and is not hotting anyone..oh and he has poor vision and has gotten worse with each game

bye bye

Agreed, he's big and shy's away from hits you think he's capable of making. He's really done nothing, unfortunately, although my expectations for him weren't really anything much.

As bad and slow Chico and Steve are with the on ice happenings. I too thought it was a penalty, as they blew the whistle before the puck crossed the line. Bye Olesz, though I really haven't seen any thing positive from Tedenby or Josefson when they do get to play.

Olesz has bad hands is slow and is not hotting anyone..oh and he has poor vision and has gotten worse with each game

bye bye

I don't think he has bad hands at all and he definately doesn't have bad vision. He doesn't hit anyone, but neither does anyone else on this team.

On a team that has little offense, especially creative o, I would have liked to have seen him given some more time since we have no problem trotting out Ted, Gionta, and it's unfortunate to say but even Carter.

Edited by hystyk28

As bad and slow Chico and Steve are with the on ice happenings. I too thought it was a penalty, as they blew the whistle before the puck crossed the line. Bye Olesz, though I really haven't seen any thing positive from Tedenby or Josefson when they do get to play.

I thought I recall it being hard to see because the puck hit the corner in a bit of a camera blind spot. Wasn't sure if you could see it as it crossed the line.

I just went by what the linesman was calling and it was fairly clear to me since the linesman had his arm up and he was the one to blow the whistle. Whether it was the right call is another story, but Steve or Chico should have realized what was happening after a second or two.

Could see them doing this to bring up a defenseman and avoid IRing Merrill or Volchenkov, if both guys are day to day - this, of course, if they are not particularly satisfied with Olesz's game to begin with.  If they think Pesonen and Timmins have been good enough in the minors it could just be to clear Olesz out in general.  Either way, not the move I expected.

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.    Olesz is on a one year deal, Tedenby is still a RFA 1st round pick.   On a team that sucks, the choice is obvious.   Let him play and see what happens. 

I understand what you are saying and I'd agree with you if I thought Tedenby was good enough to be a NHL player. I just really have no faith in him at all and wouldn't mind losing him on waivers.

I agree with sundstrom and think that Lou is hoping someone takes Olesz's contract though. I'm curious to know when the games played bonus(es) kick in.

I understand what you are saying and I'd agree with you if I thought Tedenby was good enough to be a NHL player. I just really have no faith in him at all and wouldn't mind losing him on waivers.

I agree with sundstrom and think that Lou is hoping someone takes Olesz's contract though. I'm curious to know when the games played bonus(es) kick in.

It's just not worth the potential for a claim when the team sucks.    Let him play a bit, see what happens, if it doesn't work out, you can cut bait later.    I don't know if their style of hockey is conducive to him doing much, but "not doing much" describes alot of people right now.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/829

CONTRACT HISTORY   LENGTH: 6 YEAR(S)     VALUE: $18,750,000     TYPE: STANDARD     EXPIRY STATUS: UFA     SOURCE: CapGeek SEASON AHL SALARY 

icon_10chart-blue_help.png

2008-09 $1,700,000 $1,700,000 $0 — $3,125,000 $3,125,000 2009-10 $2,300,000 $2,300,000 $0 — $3,125,000 $3,125,000 2010-11 $3,100,000 $3,100,000 $0 — $3,125,000 $3,125,000 2011-12 $3,400,000 $3,400,000 $0 — $3,125,000 $3,125,000 2012-13 $4,000,000 $4,000,000 $0 — $3,125,000 $3,125,000 2013-14 $4,250,000 $4,250,000 $0 — $3,125,000 $3,125,000 CONTRACT NOTE: The above contract was bought out (details below). LENGTH: 1 YEAR(S)     VALUE: $1,000,000     TYPE: STANDARD     EXPIRY STATUS: UFA     SOURCE: CapGeek SEASON AHL SALARY 

2013-14 $700,000 $700,000 $300,000 $0 $1,000,000

icon_10chart_bonus.png

$700,000

Says here the contract was bought out ??????????? that must be from before he was signed by us

Edited by The 29th Pick

Olesz has been terrible.  He brings almost nothing to the table and has been invisible in just about every game he's played.  No loss here if he get claimed.  The Devils already got burned by putting a prospect through waivers with Urbom...they must feel that Tedenby is more likely to be claimed should he be put on waivers.