School Shooting in Connecticut

Derlique

As a father of 3 girls (5, 7 & 9) I am shocked about this incident. My thoughts are with the victims and their families. Its incomprehensible how someone can take their anger out on innocent kids like that.

Too many sick people with access to guns in this world

Edited by eaglejelly

An idential tragedy happened in China today too.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/20343163/22-children-1-adult-hurt-in-china-school-attack

Sickening. While I am for the right to bear arms it is tragedies like this that makes us need stricter background checks. The fact that almost anyone can get a gun and other weapons is the main reason why disturbing things like this happen.

The thing is, a nut will always find a way to get a weapon or a bomb or poison even if guns are outlawed.

Anyway this slammed me for about 30 minutes where I really was distracted and couldn't work. It is such a horrible event. I have two kids 9 & 10. I cannot fathom how the parents are feeling right now.

Edited by devilsadvoc8

This is just a horrible tragedy and I really feel for those involved in any way. On top of that, the media has just been absolutely horrible with coverage of this and has been putting out tons of misinformation. It's been disgusting honestly.

Edited by PWW

As a father of 2...1 in collage and 1 in the the 5th grade I'm broken just thinking what these parents are going through...evil people breed evil acts.

Thoughts and prayers to those who have lost loved ones.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

The thing is, a nut will always find a way to get a weapon or a bomb or poison even if guns are outlawed.

Unfortunately, this is true. The solution isn't as simple as banning guns, they will either find a way to get a gun anyway or use something else. The incident in China today was carried out with a knife. The best way to reduce these incidents is to take a serious look at what is causing their intent to kill people. I found this article today that says a common factor in these killings is psychiatric drugs with severe side effects.

http://www.cchrint.org/2012/07/20/the-aurora-colorado-tragedy-another-senseless-shooting-another-psychotropic-drug/

"And while there is never one simple explanation for what drives a human being to commit such unspeakable acts, all too often one common denominator has surfaced in hundreds of cases—prescribed psychiatric drugs which are documented to cause mania, psychosis, violence, suicide and in some cases, homicidal ideation...

"The heavily Pharma-funded FDA panel ignored the evidence provided, and it would take 14 years, and a great deal of public pressure, for the FDA to finally issue it’s strongest warning, the black box, on antidepressants inducing suicidal ideation. 21 years later, the FDA has yet to issue a black box warning on antidepressants and other classes of psychiatric drugs documented by international regulatory agencies and studies to cause violence. This is not in the public’s interest, who deserve to be warned, it’s in Big Phama’s interest, upon whose funding the FDA heavily relies on."

But no one died because he only had a knife...

2 years earlier the case was different:

In one of the worst incidents, a man described as an unemployed, middle-aged doctor killed eight children with a knife in March 2010 to vent his anger over a thwarted romantic relationship.

and still the deadliest mass school killing wasn't done with guns. Crazy people who want to hurt others will find a way.

But no one died because he only had a knife...

Good thing no one died but it certainly wasn't because his weapon of choice was a knife. Knifes are perfectly acceptable in mass murders. The Osaka school massacre in 2001, The Akihabara massacre in 2008...both done in a country (Japan) with a gun ban.

As for the United States, if you go back - historically the worst school massacre was done with no guns at all.That being the Bath School Disaster bach in the 20s.

This should be a time of mourning without a doubt and there will be a special place in hell for the killer of those poor childern and innocenet adults. However, the issue of "should there be stricter gun control"? will be (and should be in my opinion) brought up.

I feel this: Connecticut has some of the strictest gun control laws in America...yet here we are. There should be something in place where if you have a history of mental illness or a prior criminal record you shouldn't be able to own a gun. Make it as hard as possible for people like this to own firearms and either get them help or leave them in jail. In a way it is sort of like the weed thing: Weed is banned in America...yet people who choose to do it still do it. If you ban firearms I seriously doubt you will see a significant crime rate drop. On contrary, I think it will rise.

With that said I pray for the souls of those who were lost and my heart goes out to all of the families. Stuff like that just makes me want to cry.

Edited by TheMazz

Unfortunately, this is true. The solution isn't as simple as banning guns, they will either find a way to get a gun anyway or use something else. The incident in China today was carried out with a knife. The best way to reduce these incidents is to take a serious look at what is causing their intent to kill people. I found this article today that says a common factor in these killings is psychiatric drugs with severe side effects.

http://www.cchrint.o...chotropic-drug/

"And while there is never one simple explanation for what drives a human being to commit such unspeakable acts, all too often one common denominator has surfaced in hundreds of cases—prescribed psychiatric drugs which are documented to cause mania, psychosis, violence, suicide and in some cases, homicidal ideation...

"The heavily Pharma-funded FDA panel ignored the evidence provided, and it would take 14 years, and a great deal of public pressure, for the FDA to finally issue it’s strongest warning, the black box, on antidepressants inducing suicidal ideation. 21 years later, the FDA has yet to issue a black box warning on antidepressants and other classes of psychiatric drugs documented by international regulatory agencies and studies to cause violence. This is not in the public’s interest, who deserve to be warned, it’s in Big Phama’s interest, upon whose funding the FDA heavily relies on."

This is an absolutely fascinating read. Thank you for posting!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not an anti/pro gun.

But Do you think this 18 year old kid would have been able to illegally obtain an assault weapon through the black market?

What about the kid in Aurora? Would he have found an assault rifle and 100 round clip or whatever he had on the black market? Somehow I doubt the perpetrators of these mass shooting would have the ability to acquire these weapons illegally.

I'm not an anti/pro gun.

But Do you think this 18 year old kid would have been able to illegally obtain an assault weapon through the black market?

What about the kid in Aurora? Would he have found an assault rifle and 100 round clip or whatever he had on the black market? Somehow I doubt the perpetrators of these mass shooting would have the ability to acquire these weapons illegally.

http://gizmodo.com/5970483/theres-a-new-site-just-for-3d+printed-gun-designs

This is yet to receive some serious news coverage .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.