NBC's English Premier League Coverage

thefiestygoat

http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2013/april/nbc-reveals-english-premier-league-coverage-plans.html

-All 380 EPL matches will be shown on television or streamed live on NBC Sports Extra.  Games not shown on an NBC Universal channel will be made available via a package of networks entitled Premier League Extra Time. 154 games will air on NBC Sports Network, 20 on NBC, 76 on Telemundo, 22 on other NBC channels (USA, CNBC, etc.), and every match on NBC Sports Live Extra.

-NBC Sports Network will air a Saturday morning doubleheader at 7 AM and 10 AM.  The NBC mothership will air the 12:30 PM ET game.  On Sundays, NBCSN will air another doubleheader at 8 AM and 11 AM ET.  In addition, the 2:30 PM ET Monday and/or midweek games will air on NBC Sports Network.  In all, that's 6 broadcast windows for a typical weekend of Premier League football.

This is absolutely fantastic! The article also highlights the other shows/analysis that the network will bring. From what I understand, the Champions League games that Fox has the rights to will move to local networks (such as MSG in our case). Fox Soccer is becoming a new entertainment network similar to FX.

I hope they can bring over ESPN's guys (Darke and Macca), they're a very good team.

I know a lot of people love them, but I absolutely can't stand them. I know the MU forum I post on is always tough on them so perhaps this is a United thing. With Fox Soccer gone and the CL games moving to the local Fox Sports networks, I wonder what ESPN will do? I know they have the Mexican national team games and the home US national team games. I also noticed lately they've been broadcasting Liga MX games lately but they could have been doing that for awhile and I just didn't notice. Plus they have some MLS games so I suppose that should keep them busy enough.

I suppose we won't be seeing the Australian A-League on US tv anymore. I don't really follow it but I'd check out the random game since I'm a bit of an insomniac.

The NBC commentators are going to be:

As expected, NBC's lead soccer announcer Arlo White was named as the play by play man for NBC's EPL coverage. His analyst partners will both be former England fullbacks - Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux, who will rotate game duties.  Rebecca Lowe will host NBC's studio coverage and be joined by analysts Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe. The last piece of NBC's EPL commentator puzzle is a big-name surprise. Former England international Gary Lineker will serve as a special contributor to NBC's EPL coverage and on-site host for select games.

The comentators arent that bad, Dixon and Le Saux are both very knowledgable.

Robbie Earle...... not so much, was never a fan before he got sacked by ITV for giving away his free world cup tickets he got given buy the company. 

Will post any stream links if Sheffield Wednesday are on TV haha :thumbsup:

I'd love to check out some Championship games every year. There always seems to be some interesting young talent coming up there or out on loan. I'm excited about Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) from the little bit I've seen of him and read about him - especially with how bad United's wingers have been this year.

Glancing at the table it's interesting to see only 4 points separate the 15th to 23rd place sides. Looks like Sheffield Wednesday should be fine as long as they take care of business in the final 2 games.

The only thing predictable about the Championship is its unpredictableness! A couple of weeks ago there were about 15 teams that could have potentially been relegated, so there's been some quality playing the last few weeks.

You're definitely right about the prem loan players...a lot of them learn their craft in the championship so you see quite a few of the upcoming stars in the division. Worth keeping an eye on!

Two games left for The Wednesday and one of them is against a team who are in the mix near the bottom so we should pick points up against them. Two draws will be enough to stay up...I hope!

This is great news, as I need to learn more about EP league in light of my new Eurocentric co-workers.

Start playing FIFA. Not kidding. Great way to learn the game and players.

I'm excited that international club football is getting some bigger notice here finally. I hope they do something similar with La Liga and Serie-A, at least some minimal coverage.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been really enjoying this.  It's nice to wake up every Saturday and Sunday morning at basically any hour, turn on the tv, and have Premier League matches right there for me.  I pretty much just lay up in bed and extra half-hour to watch before making breakfast.  Good times