• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:47 AM

I would also take the safe route. I tried to get donations by selling some Devils related items here and it got shut down fast, even though I said it was all going towards the site.

#22 njdevils_info

njdevils_info

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:24 AM

Yeah, I agree DM. If you ever read the fine print, every broadcast "cannot be reproduced for an reason" yadda yadda yadda. And from what I could conjure up on the NHL web site, it doesn't matter whether or not it is for proffit or not.

What I'll probably do is just take a quick poll here as to how many people are interested and based on that I'll decide what to do.

We'll see guys and gals. But chances are if you really want it, some how some way you'll get your hands on a copy :evil:
Posted Image<br>/\/ of the Jumbotron and it's 2 Ribbons<br><br>
Favorite Doc-ism:<br>* "I have a tremendous grasp for the obvious."<br><br>
Facorite Chico-isms:<br>Chico: "Actually its Brylin who jumped out with Pandolfo. I don't know if Madden was tired or if there's a problem..."<br>Doc: "The problem will be relieved as he comes out of the penalty box now!"<br>Chico: "Oh yeah that's right!"

#23 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:33 AM

I have said that I don't think Daneyko should get his number raised to the rafters because he wasn't a great player. I've kind of softened up on that, and I'm happy for him. He does epitomize what Devil hockey is all about: sacrifice, toughness, being a good teammate, playing your role, doing what it takes to win. Congratulations, Dano. It's nice you're still around as a TV personality.

Edited by Jerrydevil, 21 March 2006 - 09:34 AM.

#24 Devilsdude530

Devilsdude530

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:52 AM

FSN will be airing a Dano-thon on Friday:

12:00 Season Finale at Chicago in 1987-88
2:30 Game 4 '95 Finals
5:00 Game 7 '03 Finals
Steve is now at Kukla's Korner, so check him out.

Keeper of Mr. Overtime, Patrick Elias.
Keeper of Johnny Oduya
Keeper of Kevin Weekes
Keeper of the NJ Rock 'n' Rollers
Keeper of The NHL On VERSUS and THE NHL On NBC

"Not every player is a Devil" - Lou Lamoriello

#25 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,565 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:26 AM

Should we try to have a NJDEVS get together before the game for those attending??
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#26 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

Where is everyone sitting for the Dano Night?

I'll be in Section 116.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#27 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:22 PM

I'll be in 219
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#28 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:26 PM

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:34 PM

Is this game sold out?
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 njdevils2003champs

njdevils2003champs

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:48 PM

Is this game sold out?

Same deal as Steven night, I think. When I checked last they had nothing but the lower level avilable.
Its Game Time! Are You Ready? Devils Hockey...Next!

NJDevs Keeper of the original 1987-88 Patrick Divison Champions banner, the Ken Daneyko banner, Devils Dawg's cape, 25th anniversary basher board ad, the Utica Devils, the Lowell Devils franchise, the Devils first win at the Rock, Newark Arena's first car-jacking victim, Lowell's pre-"Devil Dawg" mascot's cape, Sections 128 and 129 at "The Rock", Pork Sandwich at The Rock, Jumbotron clapping Godzilla, Mucho Nacho, Grant Marshall first edition Lowell Devils jersey, The first "Rangers suck" chant at the Rock (25th Oct. '07 at Bon Jovi), Bob Gilderstein, the PA voice from 2005-2007, NJ Iromen soccer team, and the Postponed and Continued Lightning/Devils game 1/8/10 and 1/10/10

"Elias, is going to chase it down. Right in front to Arnott, HE SCORES!!!!! JASON ARNOTT HAS SCORED AND THE DEVILS HAVE WON THE CUP!!! JASON ARNOTT!!! JASON ARNOTT has score and the Devils win it 2-1!!!!"-Mike Miller

"The Championship to New Jersey. The Devils win the Stanley Cup"! -Mike Emrick- -June 24, 1995

R.I.P. Mom 2/22/09

#31 DevilMan

DevilMan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:57 PM

This should be a great night. I went to Stevens night and was almost in tears. Great game and ceremony. I hope Dano night is just as good! I won't be going to this game unfortunately I'll be busy this week, I'll only be able to watch it.

Congrats Daneyko! I also just remembered that I actually got meet the great Ken Daneyko once; a year or two ago I believe. I was even able to get his autograph. He's a great man, I hold a lot of respect for him.

Edited by DevilMan, 21 March 2006 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image
A very special thanks to: UnderDogX for making the set!!! :)
LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

#32 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,854 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:21 PM

I was at Stevens Night too, but I'll be out of town this Friday.

I'm looking for someone to swap a Daneyko mini-banner for the Stevens mini-banner I have....please PM me if interested. Thx !

#33 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,372 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

What I'll probably do is just take a quick poll here as to how many people are interested and based on that I'll decide what to do.

Thats a good idea and I would definitely vote yes for it. How about you just happen to mail it to my address and I just happen to donate to your site around the same time. :P Weird coincidence. :evil:

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#34 mackchi

mackchi

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:30 PM

:lol: I wish. The message said this:

"Good afternoon, this is Jason from the New Jersey Devils. We have a few questions we'd like to ask of you, so when you get a moment, if you could give us a call back at blah blah blah we'd appreciate it."

Now granted they didn't say "This is Jason from the law firm that represents the New Jersey Devils," or "If you don't get back to us, expect a lawsuit in the mail tomorrow," but since I've never been called by them before, it kinda scared me!

I'm only 21 and I don't want to go to jail! :evilcry:

Kyle

It's OK to share.
BTW

There is a Ken Daneyko marathon on friday on MSG starting at 12:30 pm

That would be nice to record too.. I'll support you if needed.

Thats a good idea and I would definitely vote yes for it. How about you just happen to mail it to my address and I just happen to donate to your site around the same time. :P Weird coincidence. :evil:

Hey feisty...I love that Klee Banner...lmfao!!!
LET'S GO DEVILS!

#35 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,372 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

Hey feisty...I love that Klee Banner...lmfao!!!

You can actually thank UnderDogX for it. He created it, its awesome. I'll PM you with more info...

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#36 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:47 PM

Let's hope the team will respond in this emotional night. Suffice to say, it is time for everyone to step up, especially Kozlov and Langenbrunner.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#37 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,600 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:22 AM

We'll see guys and gals. But chances are if you really want it, some how some way you'll get your hands on a copy :evil:

Just as long as there is a copy to get our hands on...that's all we ask. :hail:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#38 langsgirl

langsgirl

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,684 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:12 AM

Its weird...on ebay the ticekts seem to be going for face value.

Ive seen uppers end at like 110..which after the ticketmaster fees most people pay about 115 for 2 52 dollar seats..
and i saw a pair of lowers go for under 180.. .they may have been 70 dollar seats i didnt actually check.. but those with fees are about 160..so going for 175 is really good..
i sold stevens tix for double fave value...
so daneyko isnt in as high of demand i guess.
Tim O'Connor(my favorite F LIST celeb :) ) :
"Do people still do birthday parties at McDonalds? Like does Ronald McDonald still show up? Whatever happened to Grimace? Do they still run the Hamburgular? They were a hit back in the day. The Hamburgular, Grimace, who else?"
Rob Brink(My favorite writer): "Mayor McCheese."

Tim O'Connor
: Mayor McCheese, oh my God! Holy sh!t how did you remember that?

Rob Brink : [color="purple"]"He was wearing a tuxedo and his head was a fvckin

#39 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:16 PM

Gonna be there and I can't wait. After Stevens night, I think this one will be just as good, with a little more humor. It is Dano!
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#40 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:50 PM

Where is everyone sitting for the Dano Night?

I'll be in Section 116.

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users