Greene to miss 4 weeks

Anhkheg

Why is everyone getting so excited about Tao? There was a reason he didn't make the team after preseason.

Everyone's expectations of him are based off of about 20 games early last season before he broke his leg.

I haven't been a big fan of his either. I didn't like AT ALL what I saw in the preseason. Lou Lamoriello is ALWAYS going to make the SAFE move, however, and that is why I expected him to be called up. Just having NHL experience will catapult a player over the rest in terms of being in line to be called up.

Fayne has been NJ's best defenseman. I don't really understand why people keep saying things like this.

Because of the stats I just posted. How many stay at home defensemen do the Devils need? Volchenkov, Salvador, and Tallinder are going nowhere. They are the vets that are supposed to keep the puck out of the net. The Devils NEED a breakout game and offensive contribution from the D. Larsson is getting better and better, Greene has 9 assists... so there leaves Fayne... 1 point in 14 games. He's a guy who won't crack most teams' top six group. I'm not saying get rid of him completely... but DEFINITELY find out of Urbom or Tallinder can do a better job than he can...

Because of the stats I just posted. How many stay at home defensemen do the Devils need? Volchenkov, Salvador, and Tallinder are going nowhere. They are the vets that are supposed to keep the puck out of the net. The Devils NEED a breakout game and offensive contribution from the D. Larsson is getting better and better, Greene has 9 assists... so there leaves Fayne... 1 point in 14 games. He's a guy who won't crack most teams' top six group. I'm not saying get rid of him completely... but DEFINITELY find out of Urbom or Tallinder can do a better job than he can...

Again, why do people keep saying this? Fayne would be in a lot of teams' top 4. He's playing 20 minutes a game. He does not belong anywhere close to the minor leagues. Stop using assists to measure defensemen, it doesn't make any sense.

Again, why do people keep saying this? Fayne would be in a lot of teams' top 4. He's playing 20 minutes a game. He does not belong anywhere close to the minor leagues. Stop using assists to measure defensemen, it doesn't make any sense.

I don't just use numbers. I also NOTICE that he has no offensive capabilities. He can't lead the team up the ice, his passing is poor... I watched him stand there and brainfart on the Sens first goal last night. I know in your world, your opinion is always law and no one else could possibly make any points or have their own opinion. Everyone fell in love with this guy because he was a nice surprise in the bucket of crap that was last season.... but he needs to develop a slap shot, use his big body to hit which he NEVER does, and gain some speed. I am 100% all for letting Urbom and Taormina prove that they are better than Fayne and Fraser.

Fayne is one of the better defenseman on the team at adding to the offense. He makes nice passes, he skates well, he gets shots through, and he's the best defenseman at keeping the puck in the zone without getting burned, and his defense has been fine.

Fayne has more goals than the entire rest of the defense combined. That's just as reasonable an argument as his assist totals in the last bunch of games.

I would feel pretty comfortable saying that Fayne is playing better defense than Larsson right now, by a good amount. Larsson may have more points but Larsson is also generating a bunch of horrific turnovers most games.

Fayne is one of the better defenseman on the team at adding to the offense. He makes nice passes, he skates well, he gets shots through, and he's the best defenseman at keeping the puck in the zone without getting burned, and his defense has been fine.

Fayne has more goals than the entire rest of the defense combined. That's just as reasonable an argument as his assist totals in the last bunch of games.

I would feel pretty comfortable saying that Fayne is playing better defense than Larsson right now, by a good amount. Larsson may have more points but Larsson is also generating a bunch of horrific turnovers most games.

If this was 10 games ago I would agree with you about Fayne... but I mean it's 10 games without a point and 1 in 14. So it's about time someone gets a shot. It's not just Fayne's fault... Tallinder has 2 pts and should be playing a hell of a lot better. Our defense as a whole NEEDS to play better offensively.

Fayne is doing a fine job. The entire defense has to elevate it's play and just get on board in a productive way! No one is getting it done

Offensive is contributing nicely on defense. Hence the PK.

The defence is NOT contributing equally on offense.

Our d and our o are both pretty middling on their own positions. Defence is lame on d and offence just isn't producing enough -- certainly not quite enough to cover our defensive liabilities.

:unsure:

so ha.

If this was 10 games ago I would agree with you about Fayne... but I mean it's 10 games without a point and 1 in 14. So it's about time someone gets a shot. It's not just Fayne's fault... Tallinder has 2 pts and should be playing a hell of a lot better. Our defense as a whole NEEDS to play better offensively.

Why does it matter whether a defenseman has points or not? Fayne's not going to be a top offensive defenseman. His points are going to come essentially at random. He might have 0 points in 10 games today, he might have 4 points in his next 5 games 2 weeks from now. It's not really his performance that's going to determine whether he gets points.

I'd like to see more of an offensive contribution from the defense too, but scratching Fayne is not the answer at all.