We Suck

1Guy3Cups

yeah im not truly encouraged by our future, we cant fool ourselves... we have a good pool of d prospects and thats it.

our stars are aging. we have no depth on offence, were not as attractive as we were for free agents, were not a shoe-in contender year after year anymore. Our only top pick in the last 15 years from what ive seen will likely never be worth a 4th overall pick... most of our first round picks have not pan out or they are projected as 3rd line players, our future in net is absolutely up in the air and Lou only have a few years left.

i mean... seriously? again its not to sound like a downer but am i wrong on anything i just said?

Lou will have to work some magic during the next few summers for sure.

Edited by SterioDesign

S, let me understand, because I misspelled his name my points are inacccurate??  check them yourself., this team is OLD!

BTW, I considered spelling Sajak the way he has played lately...

You are suggesting a firesale for a team that is technically as of today who are in the playoff picture.  Most players primes are between 24-34 so for the most part we are still in pretty good shape with the age aspect as well.  The only position where age right now is a factor is in goal.

So your point right now is ridiculous and you constantly misspelling Zajac as Zajak just makes it even worse.

And no you didn't consider spelling him Sajak.  Terrible joke trying to cover terrible spelling.

Over their last 22 gamnes the Devils have 6 wins & 16 loses. thats a winning percantage of 27%, my guess, probably the worst in the NHL, but you love this team!!

We are the OLDEST TEAM in the NHL... do you not understand this??  This is not MLB it is the NHL, you are OLD at 30.. name me 10 players playing right  now that are/were in their prime at 34 not named marty.  a players prime is generally 24 to 29.  At 30 they are on the DOWNSIDE of their careers... if you think the Devils are in their prime you are clueless.

Everything spelled correctly so hopefully you will be able to comprehend....

And BTW, Devils have 6 skaters over the age of 34...and only 3 under the age of 24, not a good ratio.

Edited by redruM

Boston will really show what this team is made of, and what they're capable of.

If they get steamrolled..well, maybe it confirms what we're all thinking now.

If they put up a fight and maybe scrape out a win (or a SO loss :lol:) then maybe there's hope for this team yet.  Getting Kovy back will be a huge boost, maybe Lou has an acquisition in the works.

yeah im not truly encouraged by our future, we cant fool ourselves... we have a good pool of d prospects and thats it.

our stars are aging. we have no depth on offence, were not as attractive as we were for free agents, were not a shoe-in contender year after year anymore. Our only top pick in the last 15 years from what ive seen will likely never be worth a 4th overall pick... most of our first round picks have not pan out or they are projected as 3rd line players, our future in net is absolutely up in the air and Lou only have a few years left.

i mean... seriously? again its not to sound like a downer but am i wrong on anything i just said?

Lou will have to work some magic during the next few summers for sure.

Yes. You have no idea at all abou Larsson. Defenseman take longer than a year to develop 

• Like 1

Over their last 22 gamnes the Devils have 6 wins & 16 loses. thats a winning percantage of 27%, my guess, probably the worst in the NHL, but you love this team!!

We are the OLDEST TEAM in the NHL... do you not understand this??  This is not MLB it is the NHL, you are OLD at 30.. name me 10 players playing right  now that are/were in their prime at 34 not named marty.  a players prime is generally 24 to 29.  At 30 they are on the DOWNSIDE of their careers... if you think the Devils are in their prime you are clueless.

And BTW, Devils have 6 skaters over the age of 34...and only 3 under the age of 24, not a good ratio.

The 6 wins and 16 losses thing is really not telling the whole story.  The Devils are 6-10-6 in those 22 games, and 5 of those charity-point losses came in the shootout (they're 2-5 in the shootout in those 22 games).  Say the Devils go 5-2 in those shootouts...suddenly they're 9-10-3...not good, but not 6-10-6 bad.  Going into this season, the Devils were getting that extra point in shootouts 65.1% of the time...funny how not getting that extra point when you're used to it really shows how much it can hurt your team's record. 

I'm not saying they've been great in these past 22 games, just that implying that 6-16 isn't really accurate.  I can't shoehorn SO losses in the "loss" category with regulation and OT losses...they don't feel the same to me and never will.  Unfortunately, the Devils had it so good in the shootout for so long that this is the first time since its inception we've had to deal with their record not being propped up or made better by SO wins.  There's probably no shortage of fans of other teams who have hated the shootout for several seasons for that very reason.  Other than being opposed to the shootout just because we didn't like the way it decided points, we never had any reason to dislike it...our team was never hurt by it, and usually benefitted from...at the very least, they did more than anyone else.   

These stats are disturbing to say the least.  No wonder why I started this thread..

Some of Elias' best years have come in the last few years.  I do not care if we are the oldest team nor do I care if we are the youngest team in the NHL.  The Devils were getting it done last year and not this year, just like in 2010-11.  If they start winning in 2013-14 season with the same players, you will be sitting here rooting for them and kissing their asses like the rest of us were doing in the first 15 games of this season.

Edited by DevsMan84

as if i dont know that lol but it goes both ways buddy. you know dont either if he'll develop into something worth a 4th overall pick. 

the jury's still out and wil be. You're the one acting like you know he won't be that good based on what you've seen. I'm saying I don't know. 

Some of Elias' best years have come in the last few years.  I do not care if we are the oldest team nor do I care if we are the youngest team in the NHL.  The Devils were getting it done last year and not this year, just like in 2010-11.  If they start winning in 2012-13 season with the same players, you will be sitting here rooting for them and kissing their asses like the rest of us were doing in the first 15 games of this season.

2 of his 7 best season have come after 30, at 32 & 35, the other 5 best are all prior to 2004 & prior to him turning 30, hard to say he was in his prime after 30.

And I root for this team win or lose, does not mean I have to be happy about the way it is built right now. I have never blindly followed LL, he may be the best GM in sports, but he still makes mistakes, and the way this team is built, huge mistake. 

the jury's still out and wil be. You're the one acting like you know he won't be that good based on what you've seen. I'm saying I don't know. 

i said from what i saw so far i dont think he will be that great for a 4th overall pick. Based on his speed and shot and grit. i could be wrong but i dont see what i saw from doughty, pietrangelo, subban, suter, weber... etc etc etc when they came in the league. They mostly all had time on the PP at least or were able to run it.

of course i know Larsson is still ahead of his time compared to most guys from his draft class, some are still in the juniors. Of course Larsson will be a good dman able to handle big minutes but i dont see him becoming a threat in term of production... to me anyway if youre a top pick you have to do your job + produce.

The 6 wins and 16 losses thing is really not telling the whole story.  The Devils are 6-10-6 in those 22 games, and 5 of those charity-point losses came in the shootout (they're 2-5 in the shootout in those 22 games).  Say the Devils go 5-2 in those shootouts...suddenly they're 9-10-3...not good, but not 6-10-6 bad.  Going into this season, the Devils were getting that extra point in shootouts 65.1% of the time...funny how not getting that extra point when you're used to it really shows how much it can hurt your team's record. 

I'm not saying they've been great in these past 22 games, just that implying that 6-16 isn't really accurate.  I can't shoehorn SO losses in the "loss" category with regulation and OT losses...they don't feel the same to me and never will.  Unfortunately, the Devils had it so good in the shootout for so long that this is the first time since its inception we've had to deal with their record not being propped up or made better by SO wins.  There's probably no shortage of fans of other teams who have hated the shootout for several seasons for that very reason.  Other than being opposed to the shootout just because we didn't like the way it decided points, we never had any reason to dislike it...our team was never hurt by it, and usually benefitted from...at the very least, they did more than anyone else.   

A loss is a LOSS is a LOSS, I know we get a point, its still a LOSS. 

You can put lipstick on a dog, its still a DOG!!

2 of his 7 best season have come after 30, at 32 & 35, the other 5 best are all prior to 2004 & prior to him turning 30, hard to say he was in his prime after 30.

And I root for this team win or lose, does not mean I have to be happy about the way it is built right now. I have never blindly followed LL, he may be the best GM in sports, but he still makes mistakes, and the way this team is built, huge mistake. 

Yup a huge mistake of a team that made the SCF last year and this year is exactly the same team minus 2 players. :rolleyes:

S, let me understand, because I misspelled his name my points are inacccurate??  check them yourself., this team is OLD!

BTW, I considered spelling Sajak the way he has played lately...

No, but correct spelling is a great indicator of intelligence, so when one sees constant misspellings, such as you and the way you always misspell "Zajac" as "Zajak", it's a normal tendency to write off your posts since you can't even figure out how to spell a guy's name who has it written on his back for 459 games over the last 7 years.

And we are just as old this year as we were last year. So what's your point?

Edited by ATLL765

i said from what i saw so far i dont think he will be that great for a 4th overall pick. Based on his speed and shot and grit. i could be wrong but i dont see what i saw from doughty, pietrangelo, subban, suter, weber... etc etc etc when they came in the league. They mostly all had time on the PP at least or were able to run it.

of course i know Larsson is still ahead of his time compared to most guys from his draft class, some are still in the juniors. Of course Larsson will be a good dman able to handle big minutes but i dont see him becoming a threat in term of production... to me anyway if youre a top pick you have to do your job + produce.

Pietrangelo, Subban, Suter and Weber weren't even in the NHL at this age so it's apples and oranges. Ryan Suter only had 16 points in his first NHL season. Larsson last year in 6 fewer games: 18 points 

Defenseman and goalies can be hard to predict and for defenseman teams can also draft those who are more "stay at home."  For every Doughty and Weber drafted there are Chris Phillips and Erik Johnson who were the number 1 picks in theirs.

Edited by DevsMan84

you have to think out of those 6 wins 2 we're in SO.... it's still only FOUR GAMES out of 22 that we we're able to get more goals than the opposition in 60 minutes... there's absolutely no way to sugar coat that. and those games we're mostly 1 goals game against team we should have won easily.

A loss is a LOSS is a LOSS, I know we get a point, its still a LOSS. 

You can put lipstick on a dog, its still a DOG!!

Yes, they're "losses", but by listing it as 6-16, it's a way for the sky-is-falling types to make it sound even worse, by lumping in all of the different kinds of losses together.  There's a reason you didn't post it as 6-10-6...you want the last 22 games played to look as bad as possible. 

If you really want to do that, you can simply point out that the Devils have four regulation wins in their last 22 games.  That's pretty damning in itself. 

Oh, I see that SD already did that.

you have to think out of those 6 wins 2 we're in SO.... it's still only FOUR GAMES out of 22 that we we're able to get more goals than the opposition in 60 minutes... there's absolutely no way to sugar coat that. and those games we're mostly 1 goals game against team we should have won easily.

I am not sugarcoating any of it.  To break it all down:

22 GP

4 Reg wins

2 SO wins

10 Reg losses

1 OT loss

5 SO losses

Yeah, that's pretty bad.  I just don't see the point of trying to make it sound even worse, which is what redruM was doing (and he's not alone...when NHL teams are skidding I've seen columnists do the same thing, in lumping all of the losses into one number).

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Defenseman and goalies can be hard to predict and for defenseman teams can also draft those who are more "stay at home."  For every Doughty and Weber drafted there are Chris Phillips and Erik Johnson who were the number 1 picks in theirs.

So who in their right mind would pick Johnson over Toews and Staal now? It was a bad pick for the Blues.

Obviously its hard to predict but if you want a good stay home dman you wait in later rounds not with a top 5 pick where you can get exceptional talent imo.

Again Larsson could turn out to be an exceptional talent but i don't see it. time will tell

I am not sugarcoating any of it.  To break it all down:

22 GP

4 Reg wins

2 SO wins

10 Reg losses

1 OT loss

5 SO losses

Yeah, that's pretty bad.  I just don't see the point of trying to make it sound even worse, which is what redruM was doing (and he's not alone...when NHL teams are skidding I've seen columnists do the same thing, in lumping all of the losses into one number).

true but this too goes both way. i don't see the point of trying to make it sound better than it is like some are and refuse to see the mess it actually is.

not that i like to sound like a downer but im only trying to sound neutral or see the way things are. Some are downers who will deny anything good and some are simply in denial and will pretend that everything is alright and will fall in place and thats its only a bad streak... 

Edited by SterioDesign

So who in their right mind would pick Johnson over Toews and Staal now? It was a bad pick for the Blues.

Obviously its hard to predict but if you want a good stay home dman you wait in later rounds not with a top 5 pick where you can get exceptional talent imo.

Again Larsson could turn out to be an exceptional talent but i don't see it. time will tell

If you want another example of a highly drafted rookie who was derided by some of his own fans the first couple of years on his team then I have two words for you: Scott Niedermayer