NFL Week 2!

CRASHER

Sunday, Sep 16, 1pm:

Houston vs Carolina

-- What to look for...I dunno... I think this could be alot like the St.Louis game for the Panthers...they're gonna gang up on that crappy line and pound them like cheap veal! Not really too into this game, because it would be a MAJOR shock to see the Texans win this one..

Cincinnati vs Cleveland

-- What too look for... what kind of end zone dances Chad Johnson will do in the Dog Pound this week... this game should be ugly and one-sided as the Steeler game was.... 14 more losses to go!! :boogie::boogie:

Atlanta vs Jacksonville

-- What to look for... Jacksonville HAS to win this game after that embarrassment to the Titans... while Atlanta just sucks (they better win one more then the Browns)... Jacksonville better run run run run their way like they are playing the Colts again!

Green Bay vs NY Giants

-- What to look for... Will Eli play? Is he healthy? Can the Giants defense show up against the not-so-hot Packers and an aging, overrated Favre? The Giants REALLY can't afford to start 0-2, the schedule only gets more digusting after......

Buffalo vs Pittsburgh

-- What to look for...Kevin Everett is now moving fingers at least (good news)... this is the week we see if this Steeler defense is any good... the Bills do have some weapons (would be nice if that bum Losman remembers to lob the ball to his receivers today)... I don't think the Bills can win this but can they make it interesting?

San Francisco vs St. Louis

-- What to look for... like the Giants, the Rams can NOT afford to go 0-2... was the 49er defense good last week or was it just bad offense... Steven Jackson would LOVE to know... I think it was more choppy offense and I expect this to be a decent scoring game which could be fun to watch! (May need to focus on this one)

New Orleans vs Tampa Bay

-- What to look for... Tampa's gonna get ROLLED in this one... good luck to them with a pissed off Saints team that got smoked 11 days ago and had all that time to sit on that loss too.. that doesn't spell good for Tampa

Indianapolis vs Tennessee

-- What to look for... the Titans will test the Colts run D far far more then the Saints did.... and while it was a bit easier for the Colts to get up and ready for a big opening night display like they did... but can they keep it up on the road in the division?? I'd take the points here ;)

4pm:

Seattle vs Arizona

-- What to look for... Arizona had no offense outside of Edge running the ball (and he did run well), but the Cardinals have too many weapons for that to keep that trend running... and I'm not sold on the Seattle D either (Tampa was fiarly effective on offense until Garcia and Cadillac got bumped out)... I do expect Seattle to go 2-0, but they may need to score 30 to win it!

Minnesota vs Detroit

-- What to look for... pain... suffering... REALITY...if the Lions go 2-0 I am convinced Atomic Bombs will be lobbed across the country by some crazed terrorist regime!! They're NOT this good... expect John Kitna to get beaten senseless, and Adrian Peterson to run apesh!t on them!!

Dallas vs Miami

-- What to look for... A better showing from the Dallas Defense... they don't have that big Burress/Moss type WR who can exploit the corner issue in Dallas... pass rush should get things going... and I hope to see a lot of 3 WR sets out of Dallas to keep Joey Porter off the field (as seen on the NFL Network, Porter is not up to speed to be out there in Nickel/Dime sets yet)... and this could open up the rushing lanes for Barber and Jones... and Dallas--Miami has always been a mini-rivalry ever since my mother's 2nd marriage (don't worry that marriage lasted as long as most Devils coaches do :P).. damn Dallas better win this !! :rant:

NY Jets vs Baltimore

-- What to look for...Sacks, Interceptions... great defense from a semi-desperate Ravens team beating up on Mr. Clemens (though we all remember the throw Quincy Carter under the bus play by Herm and Company... I remember hearing that sideline conversation and though I was hearing the black box in a plane about to crash!)... I don't care who the Ravens QB is today... McGahee always has big games this week, and I see a long year for the Jets...

Kansas City vs Chicago

-- What to look for... Will the Chiefs even get a hundred yards of offense in this game?? I really think not.. this is going to be an ugly, painful smash to the face Herm-Fest as the Bears who also can NOT go 0-2 (well they can cause 7-9 can win that ass division, but if they want home games in January they can't).... if you want to sit and watch Herm suffer THIS IS YOUR GAME!!! :boogie:

Oakland vs Denver

-- What to look for... Travis Henry to get about 180 yards and some touchdowns... Dante Culpepper to suck.. umm.. this is a standard take it up the booty game for the Raiders.. so take it like men would ya?

815pm:

San Diego vs New England

-- What to look for... how does Voyeur Belichicken actually game plan a team without knowing their plays?

This really is a MUST game for both teams... the pats wanna get this videotape non-sense (in their eyes), and show it's still all about the talent... the Chargers are still pissed about last year (and I think by now y'all know how upset I was about that playoff game)... this game is really MUST WATCH TV if you are an NFL fan... good thing it's Sunday Night... forget the PPV, this is the place to be!

Monday

Washington vs Philadelphia

-- What to look for... again Phily needs this game to keep NFC Pace, Washington did find a way to squeak their game out last week... but I don't know if the Skins are that good... they win tonight and they throw themselves into the NFC East Picture, and put the Eagles in deep trouble early... I could see big games from the Redskins running backs and Santana Moss always seems to have big Prime Time Games.. but that aside the Eagles are just too GOOD!

Edited by CRASHER

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it confirmed Kellen Clemens in starting..? I really don't mind, he seems pretty good.. Might not be able to handle the Ravens D though =/.. This gonna be a tough one, Jets REALLY need to be at least decent on D, they were horrible last week.. Moss made that catch in double coverage/triple coverage whatever it was.. sad.. come on Jets get a win

Is it confirmed Kellen Clemens in starting..? I really don't mind, he seems pretty good.. Might not be able to handle the Ravens D though =/.. This gonna be a tough one, Jets REALLY need to be at least decent on D, they were horrible last week.. Moss made that catch in double coverage/triple coverage whatever it was.. sad.. come on Jets get a win

Clements might come out of this game alive, but his confidence will be shaky for the next few weeks as a result.

Today, I expect Boller to throw for at least 2 TD's. Even without the great Jonathon Ogden I still expect McGahee and Smith to have at least 200 yards rushing between them.

In terms of Sacks: Suggs 5, Ngata 1, Scott 3. Pete Kendall will be laughing his a$$ets off today.

INT's: McAllister 2, Reed 1.

Fumble recovery's: Rolle 1, Pryce 2.

I hope our lead is so big by half time that Ray Lewis can rest.

YES, I AM VERY CONFIDENT AND PSYCHED to watch this game after the gym.

I can't wait for hockey season.

Right now I have 10 different channels with NFL games. Each and every one of them showing the Bills game. But I want to watch the Colts.

When hockey season starts, I get the Rogers Sports Pak, which gives me "Centre Ice", "OHL Action Pak" and "Sunday Ticket" which is certainly worth the $30. But I'm not going to pay $30 for 4 Sundays of football.

BTW - Anyone have any details about that channel that plays 4 games on your HDTV at once?

I'm actually not that annoyed (especially in comparison to the Met disaster this weekend). Clemens proved in one game he belongs. Both with his poise in the first half and his efficiency in the fourth quarter against one of the three top defenses in the league, on the road. The Jets now have two good QB's, and most teams don't even have one.

But McCariens should either be cut or on ST's. I'm sorry, he may be a team player but he has never lived up to the billing he had when we got him from Tennessee.

At least the Jets gave you a glimmer of hope today, the rest of the division stinks and if the Belicheats lose today they'll only be 1 game out. I think they Jets win next week vs. Miami, they finally came to life today though it was just not enough.

Giants...meh, looks like a long year.

The last attempt to McCairns was a little tough but that one that when right between his fingers was ridiculous - clearly should've caught it.. terrible day man, Mets get swept, Jets lose a close one because a WR cant catch a ball.. and tomorrow's Monday! wonderful ..

The last attempt to McCairns was a little tough but that one that when right between his fingers was ridiculous - clearly should've caught it.. terrible day man, Mets get swept, Jets lose a close one because a WR cant catch a ball.. and tomorrow's Monday! wonderful ..

Let me be the first to PERSONALLY thank Trent Green for signing with the Dolphins and nicely wrapping that game up for Dallas and putting a turnover filled bow on top of it too....nice to see!!! :boogie::boogie:

And Clown.. please... lay off the wacky weed guarantees!