GDT: Devils at Flyers 7:00PM

Jerzey

Case and point, I really think he's more just a "decent player" who has been ruined by the "Flyer mentality" of hitting everything that moves and gooning it up.. Trade him to the Devils, we can teach him discipline and how to play respectable hockey

It'd never happen, but oh if only.  I would kill to have Giroux on this team.  Think of what the Devils' system could teach him..

I thought he was the next big thing a few years ago.....WTF happened to him?

Laviolette calling him the "best player in the world" or whatever a season or two ago was a colossal mistake.  I think he's going through a Kovalchuk-ian slump right now, where he's clearly squeezing the stick and thinking wayy too much out there.  Remember how bad Kovy was under MacLean right after signing the huge contract?  I think Giroux's going through the same thing right now.  He'll bounce back like Kovy did.  Giroux also fvcked up his finger/wrist/whatever in the offseason, that's probably causing him some issues right now as well.

If he could be acquired now while his value is on the low...I mean, it'd never happen, you never see the Devils and Flyers trading.  But it'd be something else.

I'm very curious what Giroux is actually worth right about now trade wise. I dont really see any way the devils could pull this off other than something like Larsson/Henrique + 2015's 1st, but the flyboys definitely need help in net and they might be interested in shedding salary and acquiring draft picks if this slide continues.

How much is an all star scorer worth when he's not scoring? I would imagine every team in the league would love to have Giroux.

Edited by NLinfante

Laviolette calling him the "best player in the world" or whatever a season or two ago was a colossal mistake.  I think he's going through a Kovalchuk-ian slump right now, where he's clearly squeezing the stick and thinking wayy too much out there.  Remember how bad Kovy was under MacLean right after signing the huge contract?  I think Giroux's going through the same thing right now.  He'll bounce back like Kovy did.  Giroux also fvcked up his finger/wrist/whatever in the offseason, that's probably causing him some issues right now as well.

If he could be acquired now while his value is on the low...I mean, it'd never happen, you never see the Devils and Flyers trading.  But it'd be something else.

This sum up Giroux perfectly...

girouxnew.jpg

• Like 1

Giroux is obviously talented I just think he's overwhelmed by the pressure of being the leader of a terribad flyers team. I mean that team has no goaltending or defense and everything has gone downhill for them after that crazy joke of a series with the penguins.

To me Giroux is a great offensive piece to have but he's not a top ten player that you build your franchise around (as some we're saying after one good season)

I also think jagr had a lot to do with his success the year he was there.

there's no way he doesnt turn it around he's just too talented. When he was having success too his goals or plays were not lucky plays that happened once in awhile.

He's just too overwhelmed like Dmann422 said IMO, putting too much pressure on him, confidence is huge in sports

Giroux was amazing, and Hartnell was great as well when Jagr was on the team. Jagr just made them all better, and they let him walk and all their stars fell to Earth. Well, Except for Bryz, he's still up in the heavens somewhere lol

Never skated at the Coliseum, only moved around here in '04, and I think it was gone by then? the SkateZone is pretty nice though.

Edited by jim777

you wearing a jersey?

I might get tix last second

My red generic Jersey and my MASK, OF COURSE!

I'll be in section 112, row 16, on the aisle closer to center.. anyone going should look for me and say hi.. And fvck yeah, I always wear my jersey.. Screw them and that "Broad Street Bravado BS" (keeping in mind 98% of fans there act like normal human beings).. All I ever get is a bit of heckling but I'm sure it'll be pretty quiet in there tonight

Still don't get why people who sit by me will be all hushed and quiet when Flyers fans (as was the case Saturday) heckle us in our own building, but then yell at Devils fans for stupid reasons.. Totally weak and yeah I'm calling them out.. Then we go to their building and their fans keep any and all opposing teams fans in check

Heckling is all I get too. Luckily, most nights all I have to do is point to the scoreboard and wave goodbye to the idiots as they leave early!

LGD!   This is my first game of the season.  I hate Wells Fargo Center; but I'll be in a suite, so it should be fine :)

Yuh think?!

Guys, I'm asking Kate Upton out on a date now.  BRB.

Well played.

Philadelphia Flyers.. Celebrating mediocrity since 1976

ybutyvaq.jpg

Yup, they cheered like they were winning a playoff game for the fat guy dancin'. Definitely the most energy in the arena all night.

great line by Chico  "the place is half empty, the fans arent even hanging around to boo anymore" !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And BOO they were doing!! They were really laying into them last night. The flyher fans behind me bitched about how awful the Failures were playing for the WHOLE game, from Henriques goal til they left with 10 minutes to go in the game.

On a side note - I HATE when their public address announcer gleefully screams: "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME HOCKEY??!!" before the game starts.  Annoying.

That whole franchise and everything surrounding it annoys the sh!t out of me. The jerseys, the players, the PA announcer, the owner, the fans, the tv announcers.

My hate runs deep.

I know I shouldn't for my own sake; but I still have faith in this team as a playoff team...  it's a bunch of rejected parts that I hope eventually find their way.

We're only 4 pts out of 3rd in the division; and we have a game in hand; and it's still very early.

1 game at a time...

one thing to remember is most of our losses were against western teams, which makes our record look bad, but those are 2 point games, we have won games against the eastern teams and especially our division... the 4 point games. If we start to play better now and keep beating the teams around us we could finish in a playoff position.

one thing to remember is most of our losses were against western teams, which makes our record look bad, but those are 2 point games, we have won games against the eastern teams and especially our division... the 4 point games. If we start to play better now and keep beating the teams around us we could finish in a playoff position.

I know people say "bad teams find a way to lose" but early in the year we really played good enough or close to it for some wins. I'm thinking of the isles flames oilers and Canuck games. Heck we played like dung in Winnipeg and only lost by a goal basically.

Yeah we screwed the pooch in each of them but a few plays going the other way or shoutout luck and we have a much nicer record to look at.

Masked Fan I didn't see you last night (didn't see anyone in a Devils mask).. Man what a great away game!! As you said, the biggest cheers all night were for that fat guy dancing (can you believe they made him their in-arena PA guy for contests and stuff?? like I said, they celebrate mediocrity)

Definitely enjoyed the booing a lot.. Their fans were absolutely quiet the whole night in terms of heckling, they just had nothing at all to say.. The best I got was some scruffy looking dude who went to high-5 me and pulled it away.. Yup, I was so hurt I ran into the bathroom and cried :P

On a side note - I HATE when their public address announcer gleefully screams: "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME HOCKEY??!!" before the game starts. Annoying.

That whole franchise and everything surrounding it annoys the sh!t out of me. The jerseys, the players, the PA announcer, the owner, the fans, the tv announcers.

My hate runs deep.

same. .. Mine might be the awful "peco powerplay!"

Ugh gross

Masked Fan I didn't see you last night (didn't see anyone in a Devils mask).. Man what a great away game!! As you said, the biggest cheers all night were for that fat guy dancing (can you believe they made him their in-arena PA guy for contests and stuff?? like I said, they celebrate mediocrity)

Definitely enjoyed the booing a lot.. Their fans were absolutely quiet the whole night in terms of heckling, they just had nothing at all to say.. The best I got was some scruffy looking dude who went to high-5 me and pulled it away.. Yup, I was so hurt I ran into the bathroom and cried :P

When we were walking to Xfinity Live after the game some dude kept yelling "MAAAAAAARTTYYYYYYYYYYYY" to which we replied everytime "GOOOOT A SHUUUUUUTTTTOUTTTTTTTT"