GDT: NJ @ CAR - ECQF Game 4 - 7:30 MSG+

Kulags

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to blame anyone but Martin probably could have reversed the puck to a wide open Mottau on the other side. Instead he tried to clear it along the boards where the Canes were really overloading that area. Jokinen abused Madden on that final shift as well.

Martin should have just ate the puck and sh*t it out during the intermission before overtime. I hate blaming the kid too cause he plays his ass off but that was another serious brain crap by a Devils D down there, you just have to know how much time's left.

Edited by Hasan4978

These dumb fvcks on versus need to learn to read. The rule CLEARLY says the goalie CAN NOT be bumped outside the crease and yet these idiots just keep going on about there should be no penalty because he was outside his crease.

I disagree with the Versus crew too. They are wrong.

First they didn't read the NHL rule book like Doc Emerick did in the post game explaining that Brodeur was interfered with. It was the second rule number Doc read that clearly showed Jokinen interfered with Brodeur.

Second, unfortunately the Devils and Brodeur got royally screwed on the non call and nothing can be done. just get back at it for Game 5 and kick the sh!t out of Carolina.

Same here, plus my head is killing me and my stomach hurts. I guess I might as well do some homework rather than just sit up all night.

Haha, exactly what I'm doing...I'm writing a final paper, and I think the professor might be a little upset because of some of my language (just a few unnecessary swears and rants for no apparent reason). I think this might be caused by me looking for "professional" opinions on the end of the game on the internet, instead of doing actual research on my paper's topic....

Even taking the bump out of it, how exactly was Marty at fault for a goal that hit Jokinen's skate and redirected in? (according to the TSN recap)

I think Jokinen would not have been in the same spot if the two of them hadn't bumped.Marty Played Jokinen, not the puck and lost the fight.P.S I still blame the (D) for not getting the puck out!!!

Sorry for posting so much, but once again...I'm not going to sleep.

Has anyone found a link to the Doc and Chico post game little interview/show, or could it be possible for someone to post that tomorrow?

Call could've gone either way. Was up to the ref, how they would define incidental. Jokinen does not look like he was aware Brodeur was there, and he was drifting on white ice. I would say that was incidental. If Jokinen WAS looking, then different story.

A loss is a loss. If we had lost in the 5th OT, it would still be a loss. There wouldn't have been anything special for making it to OT - we still could have lost. Don't let the way in which we lost get you riled up too much. It was just the wasted effort of coming back from 3 goals down to get the same result that is getting everyone pissed off.

But do get riled up at the fact that this team has a slim chance at making it deep. We have too many weak, overpaid links. Havelid (I liked the Ken Klee analogy), Zubrus, Rolston, Holik. When looking back to our championship teams, sure we had grey men...the guys you didn't expect production out of, but from whom you didn't expect any glaring/major mistakes either (e.g. Albelin). I would be happy if Havelid and Zubrus were grey... but they're actually floundering all over the ice. Also we have two major injuries now. A stationary PP. A team that doesn't quite realize we're in the playoffs half the time. Where is Pat Burns to light a fire??

I wouldn't get on Marty's case... didn't hear a peep out of anybody about him for the first 3 games... because he was playing great back there; nothing needed to be said. But he'll need to stand on his head because the team in front of him has some weak players that even our best players cannot counterbalance.

I still feel sick to my stomach. The one good thing I liked was that we did not roll over. We played like hell in the beginning, but we battled back and at least made it a game. We lost, but we didn't get embarrassed like we could have. I was proud how we fought back.

Call could've gone either way. Was up to the ref, how they would define incidental. Jokinen does not look like he was aware Brodeur was there, and he was drifting on white ice. I would say that was incidental. If Jokinen WAS looking, then different story.

I think he didn't notice Brodeur. But the rules said It should have been called. The rules says it shoul have been called, even if he tried to avoid Broduer, which he didn't because he apperently didn't notice.

But still you can't just say:

" oh we are not gonna call because he didn't see Brodeur there" the rules said it shoul have been calle.

I don't get the refs they said Brodeur had time to recovery. Doesn't penalties have to been calle at the spot or not. just thinking.

anyway but I also agree. the 3

What do you expect? I'm really not surprpsied. They can all suck my cock. fvcking redneck dickbags.

Real nice. You and the other clowns over on devilsrule.com need to learn how to lose. The amount of vitriol is incredible. Heartbreaking loss? Yes. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted. But instead of talking about how your team can come back it's "rednecks," "hick scum," etc etc. Just stop crying about it. We outplayed you guys most of the game and you can't even give us credit for it.

Read the rulebook...the last play wasn't interference. You honestly think there's some sort of grand consipracy against the Devils?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26480

I don't care how much I get cursed at and flamed for this post, this needs to be said. Stop acting like a bunch of tools and focus on the next game. Being from the South does not mean I don't know as much about the game as you. I'm just as educated, if not more so, than you. So shut your mouth with the "redneck" crap. I don't come onto your board and talk about what a craphole North Jersey is because I KNOW IT'S A STEREOTYPE.

And I don't even like NASCAR.

Flame on. This isn't directed towards everyone on this board, just people who have said things like the guy above.

Real nice. You and the other clowns over on devilsrule.com need to learn how to lose. The amount of vitriol is incredible. Heartbreaking loss? Yes. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted. But instead of talking about how your team can come back it's "rednecks," "hick scum," etc etc. Just stop crying about it. We outplayed you guys most of the game and you can't even give us credit for it.

Read the rulebook...the last play wasn't interference. You honestly think there's some sort of grand consipracy against the Devils?

I don't care how much I get cursed at and flamed for this post, this needs to be said. Stop acting like a bunch of tools and focus on the next game. Being from the South does not mean I don't know as much about the game as you. I'm just as educated, if not more so, than you. So shut your mouth with the "redneck" crap. I don't come onto your board and talk about what a craphole North Jersey is because I KNOW IT'S A STEREOTYPE.

Flame on. This isn't directed towards everyone on this board, just people who have said things like the guy above.

You should feel very fortunate that this series is tied @ 2-2 considering the Devils dominated most of this series except for Game 2 in the OT and the first and second period of tonight's Game 4. Devils dominated that 3rd period tonight and yes it was goaltending interference. If you tell me that if it was Cam Ward on that play and goal you and the rest of the Carolina fans would be acting the same way. Infact most of the Carolina fans were booing the refs during most of the game when there were no penalties called there. It goes both ways my friend and I would bet my life on if it was Cam Ward, that goal would not have counted for the Devils and that goal would have been disallowed or a penalty would have been called and Carolina would be on the PP in the OT.

So feel very fortunate that this series is tied because Game 5 is not going to be very pretty. Expect to see a repeat of a Game 1 showing by the Devils as they are pissed along with Brodeur as they were screwed tonight. Say what you want but the NHL rules are there and go read them very carefully.

Edited by SatansDevils

I think he didn't notice Brodeur. But the rules said It should have been called. The rules says it shoul have been called, even if he tried to avoid Broduer, which he didn't because he apperently didn't notice.

But still you can't just say:

" oh we are not gonna call because he didn't see Brodeur there" the rules said it shoul have been calle.

True... but you have to establish a standard. Players don't have eyes on the back of their heads; they can't see everything at once. The standard this rule sets is that the player just needs to consciously stay out of the crease, but not need to track where the goalie is at all times.

On the other hand, I could see that if you were to use the literal letter of the law, you could say that Jokinen did not make any reasonable attempt to avoid the incidental contact (because he did not see Brodeur) and therefore is guilty.

But there's the rules, and then there's way the NHL interprets them... just a fact of life... like cops will usually give you 10mph over the speed limit before pulling you over. If Brodeur was knocked flat on his ass, even though Jokinen did not see him, outside the crease, and a goal were scored, I would bet you the goal would've been disallowed.

Edited by landofvanilla

Well, I mean first off, who said anything about a consipracy against the Devils? I think that you should read the link you posted for us here, that we all have most-likely read multiple times, and you can see it could have gone both ways, it just came down to the decision of the ref, sort of like strikes and balls in baseball.

Your best bet is to not post here anymore for the day, we're all obviously going to be extremely pissed off about the whole situation, fair or not...but I'm going to keep the rest of this short...

In the words of the great film-maker/Devils fan/New Jersey native Kevin Smith...

"Carolina fans: if you love your team, thank Gretzky. His stint with Kings grew US interest in hockey enough for the league to expand down south."

Sorry if we don't think you and all "ya'll" fellow fans don't belong.

Why do people go around looking for validation? I don't understand it even on HF and that place is communal. God forbid you go around looking for validation and don't find what you want. The Canes played around 39 minutes and the Devils played around 21. Neither team's fans should go around looking for someone to be saying "gee, they had a great effort and we sucked."

Last time I looked you blew a 3-0 lead in a playoff game, that kinda invalidates everything that happened before you blew said lead. You won the other stage of the game. Good for you, but let's not go nuts. If the puck ends up in the other net at the end of the game, it would have been one of the worst playoff losses I can remember seeing.

Here you go there Duke...

Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper

69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player
Edited by SatansDevils