12 replies to this topic

#1 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

I actually just noticed this on the web site and decided to formally introduce myself. My name is Gabe and I recently turned 30. I am Cuban and Spaniard. I am also going to Rutgers for my masters in Library Science. I have been a fan and following the Devils since 1992. I actually signed up so I can meet and make friends with some actualy Devils fans. In my area, its mostly Rangers and Penguins fans. Ever since I was in middle school and high school, I was always cracked on for liking the Devils and I only knew two other classmates who liked them. My favorite players have been Scott Stevens and Brian Rafalski.

:burn:

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

Welcome to the forums! I had to remove the videos from your signature though. We don't allow them.

But stick around, Rutgers has a nice base for Devils fans.

#3 South Jersey Devs Fan

South Jersey Devs Fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

Welcome. I'm a Rutgers Alum living in Flyers territory so I feel your pain. Keep the faith. Go Devils!!!
Posted Image
"Martin Brodeur is the gold standard of goaltending -- the model of character, consistency and commitment to the craft. A champion. A winner above all.

"It is difficult to imagine any player who is more universally, and deservedly, respected. The National Hockey League is extremely proud of Martin, his historic achievement and his enduring contribution to our game."

#4 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

Welcome. I'm a Rutgers Alum living in Flyers territory so I feel your pain. Keep the faith. Go Devils!!!

Thanks, I love South Jersey but I hate all those pesky Flyers fans :rant:

#5 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

Welcome to the forums! I had to remove the videos from your signature though. We don't allow them.

But stick around, Rutgers has a nice base for Devils fans.

Its cool, I totally understand. That is true though I have found a few Devils fans here at Rutgers

#6 PattyElias26

PattyElias26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

I actually just noticed this on the web site and decided to formally introduce myself. My name is Gabe and I recently turned 30. I am Cuban and Spaniard. I am also going to Rutgers for my masters in Library Science. I have been a fan and following the Devils since 1992. I actually signed up so I can meet and make friends with some actualy Devils fans. In my area, its mostly Rangers and Penguins fans. Ever since I was in middle school and high school, I was always cracked on for liking the Devils and I only knew two other classmates who liked them. My favorite players have been Scott Stevens and Brian Rafalski.

:burn:

Welcome to njdevs!
Posted Image of Devils Fans in Caps Country Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

Welcome to njdevs!

thanks

#8 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

Where in South Jersey are you? I'm in Blackwood, near Cherry Hill. I have an ex-Flyer on my block (a 70's Flyer - don't know his name but he evidently went up into the stands to fight someone once), the GM right around the corner and down a block or two, and one of the Flyer's announcers' house backs up on to mine LOL. His wife slows down and yells at me when she sees me in my Devils shirts :) (Her husband the announcer was a River Rats announcer years ago before he got the Flyers/Phillies gig). Flyers folks EVERYWHERE near me

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#9 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

R U rah rah...

But yeah, welcome. :cheers:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#10 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

R U rah rah...

But yeah, welcome. :cheers:

haha thanks :cheers:

#11 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:07 PM

Where in South Jersey are you? I'm in Blackwood, near Cherry Hill. I have an ex-Flyer on my block (a 70's Flyer - don't know his name but he evidently went up into the stands to fight someone once), the GM right around the corner and down a block or two, and one of the Flyer's announcers' house backs up on to mine LOL. His wife slows down and yells at me when she sees me in my Devils shirts :) (Her husband the announcer was a River Rats announcer years ago before he got the Flyers/Phillies gig). Flyers folks EVERYWHERE near me

i am in edison in middlesex county

#12 njdevilz4

njdevilz4

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

I grew up all the way down in Wildwood Crest, everyone there was a Flyers fan except me and this other kid. So glad I didn't just follow them and support the Flyers. Can't stand Flyer fan ever since.

#13 devs215

devs215

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:41 PM

Always thought all of the old Flyers went up into the stands to fight someone at one time or another.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users