Bettman says its too long

ohhhhhh

That he'll be to ... old

But he'll be young enough

Young enough for Team

SEVENTEEN! " ...

New goal song every time Kovy scores?

This from Brooks NY Post:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/nhl_trying_to_sidestep_cba_gflcMbb7T9DXOCM2puOi9J/0

NHL trying to sidestep CBA

Though this is the first circumvention charge filed since the lockout, this is not the first time the league has brought larger collective bargaining issues into an arbitration hearing. This case bears striking similarity to the 2003 case in which the NHL claimed signing bonuses to Joe Sakic, Rob Blake and Pierre Turgeon constituted illegal lockout protection and therefore, circumvention.

Suddenly, though, the NHL had problems with the Sakic, Blake and Turgeon contracts. The testimony given by Bill Daly, then the league's senior VP and now its deputy commissioner, under questioning from arbitrator Joan Parker, is instructive and on point as it relates to the Kovalchuk issue.

Parker asked Daly what standard the league applied to determine whether a signing bonus would be considered illegal.

"The standard is . . . we have an internal discussion about it, that there's an intent on behalf of the contracting parties to guarantee a part of the contract. And the standard we have been applying is a significant part of the contract for a potential [2004-05] work stoppage," Daly said.

"It's a materiality test. . . . There are a number of different [contract/signing bonus] structures we've seen. When it's generally reasonable we have registered contracts in that scenario. When it's clear on its face that the parties were expressly attempting to essentially guarantee part of the contract during a work stoppage, at least in our mind, we have rejected the contracts."

Or, as arbitrator Parker wrote in June 2003: "The difficulty Daly had in articulating the standard by which the League challenged the Blake, Sakic and Turgeon [contracts] is troublesome, particularly because several provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement suggest that Clubs and players have substantial flexibility to negotiate compensation packages as they wish."

i'm really trippin on his name...the devils are gonna get **** blocked...:o

please... please... please.... no!!!! :pray::argh::ph34r:

hahaha this thread is straight out hilarious

Does anyone know if our buyout window from the Fraser signing has closed? I think it should have been up yesterday, but I'm not sure if weekends count. Does anyone know?

no, it ends today. fraser signed on wednesday iirc, this gives new jersey until the end of today. it doesn't make sense to buy out anyone on the roster.

Does anyone know if our buyout window from the Fraser signing has closed? I think it should have been up yesterday, but I'm not sure if weekends count. Does anyone know?

I'm pretty sure we didn't meet the requirements for even having a second buyout window.