Rangers make stupid trade

USC09

Manta, you make good points but after Lou signed Zubrus and to a bigger extent Rolston I think it proves any arguement of Lou having deep pockets and short arms wrong. We had money to spend on Zubrus because Gomez left, but we got into a bidding war with over half the NHL in signing Rolston when we didn't have to, we added him and lost nothing.

Manta, you make good points but after Lou signed Zubrus and to a bigger extent Rolston I think it proves any arguement of Lou having deep pockets and short arms wrong. We had money to spend on Zubrus because Gomez left, but we got into a bidding war with over half the NHL in signing Rolston when we didn't have to, we added him and lost nothing.

Rolston signed for less to play in NJ because his wife is from here. Center was and is still our biggest need. Rolston was a good signing, don't be discouraged by last years injury plagued season

Rolston signed for less to play in NJ because his wife is from here. Center was and is still our biggest need. Rolston was a good signing, don't be discouraged by last years injury plagued season

So your saying spending money doesn't count if it's a good signing? I didn't say anything in my last post other then say Lou hasn't been tight with his money.

No, I think Lou has been quite responsible with his money.

? That's been my point. I have been arguing that Lou will spend his money when he has too.

Typically he doesn't participate in the UFA game, unless we lose something that puts a hole in the middle of the team. (Nieds and Gomez). He doesn't spend for the sake of spending, he has a foundation and if one of the bigger pieces abruptly moves out of that foundation, he seeks to replace it via trade, or if there is no trade market than UFA route.

yeah...

Usually, these have backfired (3M's, Zubrus), so I think he is probably looking to do more trading, now that he is finally getting some assets.

To say Zubrus backfired is something we could argue about all day but that's not the point.

So we are on the same page then in regards to Lou.

Zubrus- IMHO is a waste of roster space, good 4th line player, making 2nd line type of $.

but that is my opinion.

you're not on the same page regarding zubrus or lou. dp26 is claiming that lou spends money, you are saying that lou doesn't. i say - your argument about niedermayer and the 3 Ms is not true. if the devils sign niedermayer in 2005, they have a defense of niedermayer, colin white, david hale, paul martin, richard matvichuk, and sean brown. i don't see the devils going out there with this defense. and alexander mogilny was signed in august of 05, putting the devils in clear cap trouble even without patrik elias's return - the devils had to trade jeff friesen just to get under the cap. they were over during all of training camp.

and dp26 was clearly claiming that zubrus isn't a waste of roster space. but since all of you armchair GMs seem to think lou could've gotten something better out of the center class of 2007, hammer away.

Edited by Triumph