• Rolston
    • Zubrus
    • Pandolfo
    • Other

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lost Marty and didn't miss a beat. Langs can take a lot of credit for that. He grew into an excellent captain. I had nothing against Elias, and I was furious with the way Sutter handled taking the c from him, but Langs is a better captain.

Edited by mouse

Keep the "C" right where it is. Lang is all about scoring when it matters. Remember Doc night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ0_33ZLJJM

And Zach never gives up on the play and is pretty modest when i see him interviewed. Thats why he should get the "A" along with Elias. He could pass some of his sheer determination on the rest of the team.

Elias is one of my favorite players all time but I like having an American captain on an American team! In a few years Parise can wear it.(when lang leaves)

Keep the "C" right where it is. Lang is all about scoring when it matters. Remember Doc night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ0_33ZLJJM

And Zach never gives up on the play and is pretty modest when i see him interviewed. Thats why he should get the "A" along with Elias. He could pass some of his sheer determination on the rest of the team.

Elias is one of my favorite players all time but I like having an American captain on an American team! In a few years Parise can wear it.(when lang leaves)

Is that you Brent Sutter :blink:<_<

Not to mention, that C is pretty heavy ever since Stevens retired. It took Elias a year or two to grow into it, and I don't think it's a coincidence that he had his best year recently after all the captain drama was over.

It also took Langs a year to grow into the role, before having a pretty good year this past year as well. I think that there's a mental aspect that no one will admit but is there nonetheless. Take it from Langs and give it to someone else, and you're asking for each to potentially have another dismal year.

I think that since Lags already has it, he should keep it. He's done nothing to warrant it being taken away, and I think the act of taking away the C would be more meaningful (in a negative way) than giving it to someone else. However, if Langs had not been the captain last year, I might have to give it to Elias. With that said, I voted Jamie because he obviously did have the C last year.

I remember that game :lol:

I was (foolishly) with Lynn still then... and I was so excited by the OT Goal... I jumped and hugged her... she was like WTF :blink: and didn't get my emotion... I shoulda dumped her right there :P

(then again there was the "why are you so upset this year as opposed to last year"... she didn't get saying goodbye to the arena either :noclue: )

3. ...I still miss Ole as our goal song. :horse:

:kill:

I can't believe you just said that... i HATED that goal song.. Wish I could have been here to bitch about it.. When I heard the hey song was back I nearly cried for joy

What I remember about that game:

1. First game as a STH

2. I WASN'T THERE :doh1:

3. Was watching it on TV

4. Spent 2 hours talking to my brother about that game when he got home

I was (foolishly) with Lynn still then... and I was so excited by the OT Goal... I jumped and hugged her... she was like WTF :blink: and didn't get my emotion... I shoulda dumped her right there :P

See, my gf used to be a huge Devils fan but when we got together she stopped caring as much.. Needless to say I told her (and I'm not kidding), "It's either you love me and the Devils or this can't continue" ... She chose me and the Devils

:kill:

I can't believe you just said that... i HATED that goal song.. Wish I could have been here to bitch about it.. When I heard the hey song was back I nearly cried for joy

I had a thing about that song. For one, it helped turn my friend Amanda into a Devils fan and therefore helped get me to more games. For two, it was a Jersey band doing the song (Bouncing Souls), and it was a song I knew & loved before the Devils started using it.

I got nothing against Rock & Roll Part 2, of course. But I rather liked it when they used Ole.