• Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

UPDATE 9/13/12 NHL willing to negotiate as CBA deadline nears

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=641395

If there is a season yay, if not oh well.

Per TSN:

Don Fehr says that collective bargaining talks with the league are "recessed."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404230

This should be interesting. Lockout incoming! If there is a lockout again, I am seriously thinking about dropping my season tickets and moving over to some other sport like curling...

Edited by Dead

True a$$holes both sides like little school girls. With the economy as bad as it is wouldn't be to both sides best interest to get into a room lock the fricken door and hammer something out. The know when this gets bad is when we see top players play over in th KHL. How long until the fans start saying enough you're not even trying to work it out. I understand it's a business but, this is BS that they show so little passion to fix it at least fake it someone get angry.

I'm done wake me up when some fricken millionaire / billionaire gets their way. Yeah team.. Not!!!!!

Sorry everyone just angry this is my favorite and only sport and again it looks like they can't get their crap together, I want my hockey as a fan if we matter!

Edited by Devs1965

No further talks planned for now, eh? Hey, why not, what's the rush right? The CBA expires in 2 weeks, take your time a$$holes.

Both sides feel like they don't have the proper leverage today to get the deal they want. There's really no progress to be made until one of the sides starts to feel the pressure and makes a concession. That won't happen until either players start to fear missing paychecks or owners start fearing for their gate receipts.

Ugh. I'm tempted to spring for the soccer package on directv so I can watch Real. If I can't have the Devils, I might as well follow something.

This is a Bettman issue and nothing else. If he didn't need teams in places that hockey doesn't belong than there wouldn't be a problem. This bullsh!t is all on the owners. The players should sit tight til the owners cave. They can take a year abroad and still make some serious cash. The KHL should take this as an opportunity to expand into North America by hiring some English speaking play by play announcers and getting themselves a tv deal in the U.S. and Canada.

On a positive note: Devils season tickets are being mailed out mid-Sept, just got an email from the Devils today regarding the mailing. So if no season happens I will still have my tickets.

And for the owners and players think of the children that will be crying from Sept till games are played. Their tears will be on your hands.

This is a Bettman issue and nothing else. If he didn't need teams in places that hockey doesn't belong than there wouldn't be a problem. This bullsh!t is all on the owners. The players should sit tight til the owners cave. They can take a year abroad and still make some serious cash. The KHL should take this as an opportunity to expand into North America by hiring some English speaking play by play announcers and getting themselves a tv deal in the U.S. and Canada.

That's scary, just the thought of having to pick a team I like. I would be so confused. But I would watch just to shove right back up Butmans backside.

On a light note does this mean Crosby is filling separation papers from his longtime partner Bettman? Hmmmmm? Could be a divorce for the happy couple!

That's scary, just the thought of having to pick a team I like. I would be so confused. But I would watch just to shove right back up Butmans backside.

On a light note does this mean Crosby is filling separation papers from his longtime partner Bettman? Hmmmmm? Could be a divorce for the happy couple!

They may have to file the papers, but they will still cuddle every night in the same bed!

I voted november 12 just because, i think they are not dumb enough to let a lockout go on for a long time again... if we have lockout for more then 3 months, i will expect the head of Bettman to roll. For exemple in Brazil Before the Last lockout ESPN BRASIL was airing on a regular Basis NHL games, after the Lockout no one aired games in Brazil, only last season ESPN started airing some games again. So Basically because a lockout a potential market for TV Deals, Merchandising etc.. was not explored, an one can only imagine how much millions that market could have brought. Now im not just talking about Brazil here. i'm sure some other countries passed by a similar situation.

On a positive note: Devils season tickets are being mailed out mid-Sept, just got an email from the Devils today regarding the mailing. So if no season happens I will still have my tickets.

And for the owners and players think of the children that will be crying from Sept till games are played. Their tears will be on your hands.

Not to be the downer here but I'm pretty sure they mailed out the 2004-05 season tickets as well. I'd have to check to see if I have them. I can't remember.

If this poll is any type of indicator on how most people feel . . . I am out, no more season tix for me. I will go to 5-6 games with my son and they can see if it was worth their nonsense. I am sure that I'm not the ONLY person to feel this way, many people will bail and further STH . We shall see VERY shortly.

Honestly... I still think they won't miss any regular season games. We might lose some training camp and pre season games but like the NFL once the threat of losing paychecks and gameday crowds... they'll get down to brass tax. I've said it before... the NFL and the PA were sueing each other at this point.

Honestly... I still think they won't miss any regular season games. We might lose some training camp and pre season games but like the NFL once the threat of losing paychecks and gameday crowds... they'll get down to brass tax. I've said it before... the NFL and the PA were sueing each other at this point.

Unlike the NFL, hockey players have options. There are leagues all over Europe. It won't hurt the players at all to ship out for a while. The owners need to get their sh!t together so they don't have to put their fans through this bullsh!t every 5 years.

If this poll is any type of indicator on how most people feel . . . I am out, no more season tix for me. I will go to 5-6 games with my son and they can see if it was worth their nonsense. I am sure that I'm not the ONLY person to feel this way, many people will bail and further STH . We shall see VERY shortly.

You're only punishing yourself.. I never understand this type of protest.. Let them take care of their business and then enjoy watching Devils hockey when it's back.. Besides, it's the rich teams like the Rangers and Flyers who are really screwing this up by wanting the players to subsidize the poorer teams, not themselves.. But punish the Devils for it.. Eh we don't need fans or money anyway right

I am hoping this is resolved before the start of training camp. If there is a lockout that goes past October I am not seeing a single game this season. So a short lockout would effectively be the entire season for me.

If there is one I would hope that the AHL would have a few games at the rock as well, or I may be heading to Albany to catch a game or two this season.

With this last run of playoff tickets costing an arm and a leg, my wallet will be perfectly fine with getting a refund for half this season. Ill miss watching hockey but the money factor will even it out for me.

This. And hoping for discounts getting the fans back involved. College nights. Combine that with having an older team that could use some rest.

Unlike the NFL, hockey players have options. There are leagues all over Europe. It won't hurt the players at all to ship out for a while. The owners need to get their sh!t together so they don't have to put their fans through this bullsh!t every 5 years.

Those leagues also have players too. The mundane players don't get much out of a lockout. The stars do, so really the rank and file got fvcked by the last lockout, they lost a year of earnings while the big guns made out nicely... well, except for Elias, he got the hep.

Maybe it's me getting older, but I don't know why people get so bent out of shape about things like this. Especially this one, which looks resolvable. You're not investing any time or money if nothing happens. Nothing is being taken from you. The footstomping and the "I'LL NEVER SPEND ANOTHER DOLLAR AGAIN.... GARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!" stuff is just funny. Even funnier because the people that get that angry will be the first people to line up to blow their money when the opportunity arises.

Four people voted never? :lol:

I don't know why people take 'this' personally either. Yeah it's stupid that millionaires fight billionaires to the extent they do in the big four sports but what are they really taking from us during a lockout besides entertainment that you can find in any number of places anyway? We lose entertaninment but gain money (from canceled games and discounts when they do come back) and time saved not watching, going to and posting about these games.

Of course I'm hoping this is settled in the next two weeks, but it's not the end of the world if it isn't. And hockey's not going to suffer, if canceling a whole season didn't destroy ticket sales, very little they do this year could.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Four people voted never? :lol:

I don't know why people take 'this' personally either. Yeah it's stupid that millionaires fight billionaires to the extent they do in the big four sports but what are they really taking from us during a lockout besides entertainment that you can find in any number of places anyway? We lose entertaninment but gain money (from canceled games and discounts when they do come back) and time saved not watching, going to and posting about these games.

Of course I'm hoping this is settled in the next two weeks, but it's not the end of the world if it isn't. And hockey's not going to suffer, if canceling a whole season didn't destroy ticket sales, very little they do this year could.

I agree with you. It's all about greedy owners both in the NHL and the NFL (NFL with the lockout of refs and using scabs)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.