2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

yea...just watched the replay it did look like a backwards pass

I'm still ticked off at the officiating though. I mean were the steelers perfect angels...I don't think so. They manage to call backbreaking penalty after backbreaking penalty. but all the drag downs and illegal hands to the face on the steelers o-line goes unpunished.

If they keep the same team then yeah you could say we're one pass rusher away but there are so many questions right now - Holmes, Edwards, Cromartie and Harris are all UFA, among others and the cap could be back next year under a new labor agreement. Maybe we should be in the market for a new OC after some of those idiotic playcalls today too.

yea...just watched the replay it did look like a backwards pass

I'm still ticked off at the officiating though. I mean were the steelers perfect angels...I don't think so. They manage to call backbreaking penalty after backbreaking penalty. but all the drag downs and illegal hands to the face on the steelers o-line goes unpunished.

At first, I thought it was an inc pass, but after the replay sadly, it wasn't. While there were tons of missed holding calls on them, and a sh!tty pass interference call and a sh!t running into the kicker call, you really can't blame this on the refs. The defense and sh!tenheimer fvcked us tonight. As well as our O-line. I won't go into detail, but this loss hurts. This team is basically my life. I feel like I've been shot. It will be a bitch waking up for classes tomorrow.

Winning four road games in two playoff seasons is no small feat. And the Jets have pulled it off against worthy opponents, so they get plenty of credit there.

But one of these years, the Jets are going to have to stop travelling down the road of most resistance, and find a way to get themselves a bye week and at least one home game. That crowd will be as loud as it gets.

Big Ben didn't have the best numbers last night, but found a way to get it done when it mattered, and that's all that counts. Tom Brady used to do that, find a way to get it done without pretty numbers, but in recent years he's become more like Peyton Manning...big, pretty regular season numbers, but not much in the big games (especially playoff time), and instead of being calm and cool in tough spots, a lot more yelling at teammates and becoming flustered when things aren't going his way. Tom's still a hell of a player, one of the best to ever play the position, would never say otherwise, but watching Ben just made me realize how Brady's gotten way from the just-get-it-done gritster he once was. I miss the guy that wore his cap backwards at press conferences, and didn't have his wife picking his outfits for him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Kudo's to the Jets. Two years in a row your a game out of the Super Bowl with a lot of positives.

Sanchez is the real deal. Your offensive line is great, WR's are great, but your running game is below average and cost you the Super Bowl. Draft some young studs here share the load and acquire a younger FB.

The defense is strong and just needs one pass rusher to make the difference.

Your coaching is strong.

The pieces are here. Based on Tannenbaum's drafting (aside from Mangenius insistence of Vernon G.) the Jets will make another run next year.

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers. They wanted it more.. and they got it. --Also.. much love to all the classy non-Jet fans giving their praise\condolences to the Jets (not only on this board) but a number of football forums across America. Your words remain meaningful, despite the anguish.

Granted, this football team is going to be good for a number of years to come... but last nights punch in the stomach, isn't going to go away anytime soon. Last night was about as tough as it gets. It actually felt like a loved one passed away. From rap songs, to hardknocks, and everything in-between.. I fell head over heels in love with this team over the last 2 years, and genuinely believed (at the very least) that they were Superbowl worthy in representing their Conference. As a diehard fan, 2 back-to-back missed opportunities like this, disgust you more than words can say. Perhaps in the weeks to come, there will be ample time to reflect on what was undoubtedly a wonderful season. Unfortunately now is not that time. Now is the time to lament. Now is the time to mourn. Now it the time to say; (like every season since 1968) "there's always next year" ..and wait with great patience, and regret.

These last 5 playoffs losses (1999, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2011) especially the 3 AFC Championship failures.. I put them right at the top of my list of 'heartbreak' as a fan of the Devils, Jets, & Yankees. As tough as the '88, '94, & '01 seasons were to swallow for the Devils.. (likewise '01, '03, '04 for the Yanks) ..I was fortunate enough to see ultimate triumph, a total of 8x between the 2 franchises in my life.. which is more than alot of other fans can say. For THAT, I am truly thankful.

..as far as my Jets go? The *Long & Suffering tag, will continue to be worn like a fvcking badge of honor. smiley-gen044.gif

Jets are looking like they will undergo a mini makeover before next season. Lots of question marks looming....

i was thinking the same thing. i heard on fat mike say the jets have 20 ufas including tomlinson!? if thats true itll be mission impossible forthem to resign everyone

i was thinking the same thing. i heard on fat mike say the jets have 20 ufas including tomlinson!? if thats true itll be mission impossible forthem to resign everyone

The average amount of FA's that an NFL team has from season-to-season is usually anywhere from 13 to 17. Gang Green's got 19.. and guess what? The Giants have 19 aswell. (but you won't hear about them) :whistling:

The Jets have a bigger spotlight on themselves, mainly induced by anti-Jets propaganda. Trolls with their own agenda, who want to cast as much uncertainty as possible towards the franchise.. and the fact that you're quoting Mike Francesa proves the point.

------------------

Misconception #1. LaDainian Tomlinson is a free agent. --This is completely and utterly false!

I spoke with 4 friends today who all said they heard the same thing. Not sure where people are hearing it from, but wherever it is.. it is 100% bogus! LT's signed for 2 years.. and the notion that the Jets are going to cut him is absurdity at it's best. Sanchez is doing things with LT, that Thomas Jones could only dream of. The guy registered nearly 1,000 yrds this season on 15 games.. and is the best receiving back we've had since Curtis Martin. Rex is head over heels for Tomlinson, and Tomlinson already said (during his postgame last night) "I'm playing out my contract with the Jets."

Greene will see the majority of the carries next season, with LT close behind.

Misconception #2. Jason Taylor is a UFA. Also false.

The Jets signed JT to a 1 year deal.. with an OPTION (key word) for a 2nd. If the Jets actually treat Jason Taylor, like a 36 year old LB should be treated (ie; NOT used on every down) I absolutely think the Jets will pick up the option for JT next season. Taylor needs to be used the same way the Pats used Seau. I understand that with key injuries to Calvin Pace, Shaun Ellis, Trevor Pryce, and Kris Jenkins.. the Jets had no choice but to play JT as often as they did. But don't confuse how Jason felt about the Jets.. with how he now feels about the Jets. Both he and his wife love it here in New York, and the organization loves him back. He has come out publicly and said on-the-record that he would; "take a paycut to continue to play for Rex Ryan."

He'll be back in a limited role next season, as a backup LB.. and I'm fine with that.

Misconception #3. The Jets will lose both Braylon Edward & Santonio Holmes. *FALSE!

1 will stay.. 1 will go. Braylon has the tools.. the size.. and the chemistry with Sanchez from playing 2 seasons with him, so I think the Jets keep Edwards and let Santonio walk. The fact that Holmes only played 11 full games with the Jets (and they won all but 1 of those games where he didn't play) should in fact tell you something. Holmes is without question, an explosive player, and he will be missed. But it's year 3 with the Sanchez experiment, and the training wheels are coming off. He'll be asked to do more with less this season, and that's how it should be.

Yes.. Holmes & Coles will both be gone next season. But with Braylon, Cotchery, Keller, Smith, LT, Greene, and McKnight.. Sanchez is still surrounded with weapons.

------------------

*David Harris: -Locked up long term. There's no chance in hell the Jets allow him to walk. This is Priority #1 for Mr. T, and he won't drop the ball.

*Kris Jenkins: -We went to the Final 4 without him last season. We went to the Final 4 without him this season. Retirement awaits Jenk.

*LaDainian Tomlinson: -Not a UFA. LT's signed through 2012. No chance the Jets cut him.

*Jason Taylor: -Not a real UFA. Jets will rework JT's deal, then pick up the option. (about ½ million saved)

*Braylon Edwards: -Kept. Currently making 5 million. Due for an increase.

*Santonio Holmes: -Gone. Nearly impossible to keep both. (about 5 million saved)

*Eric Smith: -Gone. Dwight Lowery's transition to safety is nearing completion. (about ½ million saved)

*Drew Coleman: -Gone. Kyle Wilson looked great towards the end of the season. He'll be asked to step up. (about 1 million saved)

*James Ihedigbo: -Kept. Currently making $390k. Due for a slight raise.

*Brodney Pool: -Gone. Should be addressed in the draft. (about 2 million saved)

*Brad Smith: -Franchise Tag.

*Shaun Ellis: -He's a lifer, been with the team for 11 years. You have a better chance seeing Elias leave the Devils. Big Katt's going nowhere.

*Trevor Pryce: -If T`Pry retires, the Jets will pick up a complementary veteran, via free agency. Possibly Richard Seymour.

*Tony Richardson: -Retiring. T'Rich will be missed, but the drop off to John Connor isn't that abundant. (about 1 million saved)

*Nick Folk
: -50\50. The pool of UFA kickers is usually decent. If not, they'll keep Folk. He's making pittens.

*Steve Weatherford: -Gone. Why else would they have signed TJ Conley?

*Laveranues Coles: -Retirement.

*Kellen Clemens -With Sanchez, O'Connell, and Brunell all signed for next season.. there's no need for a 4th QB. (about ½ million saved)

*Eric Ainge: -See above.

*Vernon Gholston: -Do NOT let the door hit you, on the way out. (about 2 million saved)

*Antonio Cromartie: -The Jets will not allow Cromartie to go anywhere, without properly supplementing. Champ Bailey & Asomugha are already being rumored.

That's 13 guys I named of the 19 FA's that may possibly be departing from the Jets. And yet somehow.. do we still look to be in good shape? It doesn't look so grim when you scratch the smoke-screened surface does it?

Meanwhile... Nnamdi Asomugha, Marcus Spears, Cullen Jenkins, Mike Vrabel, LaMarr Woodley, Ray Edwards, Mathias Kiwanuka, Haloti Ngata, Richard Seymour, Antoine Bethea, and Champ Bailey (all UFA's) have all been rumored with the Jets next season. (and that's just the defense) However, I doubt Francesa speculates on that.

..still, I'd like to see what this "slight overhaul" will look like. :giggle:

"The signed 30" (thus far)

LT, Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, Darrelle Revis, Jericho Cotchery, Bryan Thomas, Dustin Keller, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Jim Leonhard, Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Joey McKnight, John Conner, Sione Pouha, Mike Devito, Damien Woody, Brandon Moore, Dwight Lowery, Kyle Wilson, Vladimir Ducasse, Marquice Cole, Wayne Hunter, Ben Hartsock, Josh Mauga, Matt Slauson, Marty Tevaseu, Jamaal Westerman, Robert Turner, and Shawn Crable.. all already signed through 2012.

..yeah, we're in terrible shape. :rolleyes:

Edited by Beezer34

This is the NFL these days...everyone always has their share of UFAs to deal with, and not all of them stay.

If I'm a Jet fan, I'm not that worried...with what they've done the past two seasons, players are going to want to come play for them. It won't surprise me if some of their own UFAs and even some other teams' UFAs took a little less to sign with them.

They may look a little different, but I can't see them having some big dropoff.

Misconception #3. The Jets will lose both Braylon Edward & Santonio Holmes. *FALSE!

1 will stay.. 1 will go. Braylon has the tools.. the size.. and the chemistry with Sanchez from playing 2 seasons with him, so I think the Jets keep Edwards and let Santonio walk. The fact that Holmes only played 11 full games with the Jets (and they won all but 1 of those games where he didn't play) should in fact tell you something. Holmes is without question, an explosive player, and he will be missed. But it's year 3 with the Sanchez experiment, and the training wheels are coming off. He'll be asked to do more with less this season, and that's how it should be.

Yes.. Holmes & Coles will both be gone next season. But with Braylon, Cotchery, Keller, Smith, LT, Greene, and McKnight.. Sanchez is still surrounded with weapons.

I'd probably rather keep Santonio of the two if it comes down to it. Yeah Braylon had a better year overall but Santonio made the big plays at the end of the Denver, Houston, New England games to win them and plus can you really trust a guy like Braylon (with the issues he had in Cleveland and the DWI last year) once he gets the big contract? He didn't respond too well the last time he got big money. I know Santonio had some problems in the past too but they never affected him on the field and he didn't have one misstep this year, and he'll only be better with another year in the system like Braylon this year.

Your list is probably fairly accurate, other than your pro-Taylor stance, too much playing time or not he didn't really make much of a difference at all other than the safety in Pittsburgh during the regular season. I don't mind Tomlinson staying but he cannot - CANNOT - be the main ball carrier again like he was this year. He can be the third-down back and get spot carries but it's got to be more like a 65-35 ratio in favor of Greene at least.

But it's almost impossible to answer every question until we see how the landscape shapes up...if there's no cap then we might keep both WR's, if there is a cap which there probably will be then we'll only keep one in all likelihood. And if there is a cap we might have to decide an upper limit on what we'll spend to keep certain guys like Cromartie.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

The average amount of UFA's that an NFL team has from season-to-season is usually anywhere from 13 to 17. Gang Green's got 19.. and guess what? The Giants have 19 aswell. (but you won't hear about them) :whistling:

The Jets have a bigger spotlight on themselves, mainly induced by anti-Jets propaganda. Trolls with their own agenda, who want to cast as much uncertainty as possible towards the franchise.. and the fact that you're quoting Mike Francesa proves the point.

------------------

Misconception #1. LaDainian Tomlinson is a free agent. --This is completely and utterly false!

I spoke with 4 friends today who all said they heard the same thing. Not sure where people are hearing it from, but wherever it is.. it is 100% bogus! LT's signed for 2 years.. and the notion that the Jets are going to cut him is absurdity at it's best. Sanchez is doing things with LT, that Thomas Jones could only dream of. The guy registered nearly 1,000 yrds this season on 15 games.. and is the best receiving back we've had since Curtis Martin. Rex is head over heels for Tomlinson, and Tomlinson already said (during his postgame last night) "I'm playing out my contract with the Jets."

Greene will see the majority of the carries next season, with LT close behind.

..yeah, we're in terrible shape. :rolleyes:

I don't know who you talked to, but nobody thinks Tomlinson is a UFA. However, if you do not think the Jets are going to take a lonnngggg, hard look at evaluating him and deciding whether or not to cut him; you are just out of touch with reality. He has alotta mileage, and he wore down the second half. Most franchises in the league would cut him after this season without question, but the Jets seem to love him so maybe they will keep him around. I am still predicting they will cut him though. This is a business, and there will be many better options; and some probably for less money.

This is the NFL these days...everyone always has their share of UFAs to deal with, and not all of them stay.

If I'm a Jet fan, I'm not that worried...with what they've done the past two seasons, players are going to want to come play for them. It won't surprise me if some of their own UFAs and even some other teams' UFAs took a little less to sign with them.

yea. when i heard 20 ufas i thought core players. after seeing beezers list the jets arentreally in that bad of shape. who knows they may even improve. i do agree that players may take less money to play for ryan too

yea. when i heard 20 ufas i thought core players. after seeing beezers list the jets arentreally in that bad of shape. who knows they may even improve. i do agree that players may take less money to play for ryan too

Your list is probably fairly accurate. (other than your pro-Taylor stance)

if there's no cap then we might keep both WR's, if there is a cap which there probably will be then we'll only keep one in all likelihood. And if there is a cap we might have to decide an upper limit on what we'll spend to keep certain guys like Cromartie.

Shhhhhhhh., gentlemen pipe down! Your constructive outlook(s) are interfering with the acrimonious gossip being uttered.

..it's all the trolls have left to cling to damn it! Let them cohere to some sort of comfort.

Shhhhhhhh., gentlemen pipe down! Your constructive outlook(s) are interfering with the acrimonious gossip being uttered.

..it's all the trolls have left to cling to damn it! Let them cohere to some sort of comfort.

I am sure you are grouping me in with the "trolls". There is nothing to "cling to". People are just stating the facts, and that is the Jets may look somewhat different next year. That is all, nobody is claiming they are sunk, etc. For people who dislike the Jets this is not comforting. The comfort was watching Big Ben on Sunday night.... :hail:

The man is CLUTCH

still though bro u gotta admit with no rfas and all ufas its not going to be an easy task. not saying youll be in bad shape but it wont be a walk in the park

Misconception #4. The Jets have no RFA's and all UFA's. FALSE! http://nyjetscap.com/freeagents.html

Braylon Edwards.. Trevor Pryce.. Shaun Ellis.. Brodney Pool.. Tony Richardson.. Steve Weatherford.. and Laveranues Coles are the UFA's.

Santonio Holmes.. Brad Smith.. James Ihedigbo.. Drew Coleman.. Antonio Cromartie.. David Harris.. Nick Folk.. Kellen Clemens.. Robert Turner.. and Eric Smith are all RFA's!!

The Jets have the opportunity to match any\all qualifying offers on all 10 RFA's mentioned above.. and will be properly compensated (and off the hook as far as their salary) if another team signs any\all them.

..say it with me now..... Media--Induced--Propaganda.

When the rumblings of; "the Jets being in cap hell" began to surface about 3½ weeks ago, I literally laughed out loud. About half of them are RFA's and the other half UFA's. The Jets hold all the cards here, in regards to youth\core\veteran free agency.. both in house, and out house.

..as CR said.. *the Jets will be fine.

I am sure you are grouping me in with the "trolls". There is nothing to "cling to"

..you are the definition of a troll. You went into a 3 week hiding spree when the Jets were winning playoff games, and have now resurfaced from under your bridge like the clown you are. It's no wonder how piss-poor your reputation is around this forum. Either way.. you lose.

Go spew your jet-hating doom & gloom to the 5th graders on nj.com.

Edited by Beezer34