LOL RUPP: NYR trade Mike Rupp to MIN

ZeroGravityFat

At this point it seems like you guys are more obsessed with the Rangers having ex-Devils than they are. Right now with Rupp traded the only ex-Devil on the roster is Asham.

It was artificially inflated via the Arnott non-signing. If you count that, there's been a few ex devs on the Rags lately and it's Assham, not Asham or at least that's what I called him.

I always liked Rupper when he was here. Didn't like some of the sh!t he pulled last year, but that's his job. Either way, glad he's out of the division. He was far from a great player, but for a 4th line goon, he wasn't bad at the hockey stuff.

I'm just amazed they haven't signed Brylin to a long term deal yet. I heard Sather was inquiring about the status of Sergi Starikov before pulling the trigger on the Rupp deal.

A little respect for Sarge. Aside from Russian teams, he did well for us and only us in the NHL. :)

A little respect for Sarge. Aside from Russian teams, he did well for us and only us in the NHL. :)

I always thought Brylin was a great devil. It's always nice seeing him at the rock for the big playoffs games and at the devils training camps. Definitely a guy that was proud to be a devil.

It would be great if we knew what the buzz was on any trades with the Devils. It's pretty sad when we're talking about Rangers' trades.

Eh, Lou keeps us on our toes, whatever.

This trade is more about getting rid of Rupp than anything else. Some of their fans would've gladly given him away for free, from what I read, so can't really blame them for being happy with actually getting two guys for him.

Good lord, look at that bottom 9...we must exploit this!

Nash Richards Gaborik

Hagelin Stepan Pyatt

Asham Boyle Halpern

Powe Miller Mashinter

Silence! You know nothing about hockey! This is Stanley Cup Champion lineup right there!!!11

just for fun... which current Devils player in the lineup would you see ending up in NY at some point ?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see guys like Barch, Butler, Matt Anderson or Harrold on the Rangers one day. They always pick up those minor players the Devils pass on or let walk away after they play a small role on the team and then they score a few goals in their first games for NYR to become instant messiahs. Remember when Aaron Voros won Conn Smythe a few seasons ago? Anton Stralman was also pretty good, capturing that Norris Trophy last year. They would never do that with the Devils - the coaches there had no idea how to use them right!

Oh, and obviously, Matteau comes to mind. :P Though when he was being interviewed with his father after the draft, he seemed genuinely excited about playing for us (as opposed to his dad :P) and it really semed like there was this "Yeah, you played for the Rangers, dad, but this is my career starting today and the Devils are my team, it's gonna be awesome" thing. So, I don't think he's gonna lose sleep thinking about playing for the Rangers, though we'll see how he reacts to playing a few games at the garden.

Good lord, look at that bottom 9...we must exploit this!

Nash Richards Gaborik

Hagelin Stepan Pyatt

Asham Boyle Halpern

Powe Miller Mashinter

This is precisely the reason they're in 9th place... What a downgrade from last season, not nervous about this team at all this year, as long as we can keep a lid on Nash.

This is precisely the reason they're in 9th place... What a downgrade from last season, not nervous about this team at all this year, as long as we can keep a lid on Nash.

You're not really telling the whole story here...losing Callahan isn't exactly helping their cause.

Rick Nash isn't going to continue to shoot at 5.7% either, but Michael Del Zotto (13.3%), Taylor Piatt (30.0%) and Marian Gaborik (18.3%) will all slow down.

They should definitely score more than the 2.38 GPG they've managed to date, but I'm not sure how much more, especially with Callahan out of the lineup. Their fortunes clearly rest with that #1 line...that line is going to need to score at least two goals in a lot of games for the Rangers to win consistently.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

You're not really telling the whole story here...losing Callahan isn't exactly helping their cause. Rick Nash isn't going to continue to shoot at 5.7% either, but Michael Del Zotto (13.3%), Taylor Piatt (30.0%) and Marian Gaborik (18.3%) will all slow down. They should definitely score more than the 2.38 GPG they've managed to date, but I'm not sure how much more, especially with Callahan out of the lineup. Their fortunes clearly rest with that #1 line...that line is going to need to score at least two goals in a lot of games for the Rangers to win consistently.

Don't forget Kreider is injured too. He's not a sure thing but he looks like he will probably provide some secondary scoring for them when he's healthy. If Hagelin and Stepan can take the next step then the Rangers will probably be fine with scoring, but that's a lot of ifs. I still think their forward depth is much too weak.

Don't forget Kreider is injured too. He's not a sure thing but he looks like he will probably provide some secondary scoring for them when he's healthy. If Hagelin and Stepan can take the next step then the Rangers will probably be fine with scoring, but that's a lot of ifs. I still think their forward depth is much too weak.

Kreider had a flukey playoffs last year; he contributed as much in his 3 games this season as Tedenby did in his. Before his injury, many were saying he should probably be sent down.

Stepan, I don't think is as good as they think. Hagelin is small and not that great either. After that, they have two 4th lines.