Game 4 GDT: Devils @ Flyers 7:30 EST

Devil Fan

Yeah. Keep in mind that that 2000 team had already battled through two rounds and only got lazy in the conference finals. This team has legitimately showed up to one playoff game this year.

That team also had 2 HOF defensemen and one of the most productive lines in NHL history.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, ahh, I, I dont beleive in any of that crap -- you know -- I was just -- just saying is all. It's mumbojumbo - tomfoolery - poppycock! :giggle:

I have to go to bed... Dagnabit -- I really just wanted to read my book. You knwo of I COULD have watched Lost... why did I even bother... even Emma Wedgewood elft me out here on my own -- darwin would have abandon me long ago.

We get our new big boy on Saturday! He has nuts!!! I wonder how he'll feel about hockey.

Edited by Pepperkorn

That team also had 2 HOF defensemen and one of the most productive lines in NHL history.

Well yeah, I was accepting that as a given. I was just pointing out that while it might seem like we're in the same spot as them, we're really not. That team had already established itself as a playoff contender. This team has established itself as nothing more than a failure.

And a coach who cared enough to throw an uncharacteristic tantrum down 3-1 instead of one that's living in a dream world, continuing to emphasize the positive even when this team's proven it needed a kick in the *** weeks if not months ago.

And a coach who cared enough to throw an uncharacteristic tantrum down 3-1 instead of one that's living in a dream world, continuing to emphasize the positive even when this team's proven it needed a kick in the *** weeks if not months ago.

Don't worry... we only have to deal with him for one more game. The nightmare is almost over.

Lemaire's just used to being down 2 games in a playoff series. it's happened virtually every time he's coached solo. he knows the drill.

hell, he'll be the only guy to ever go down 3-1, 3-1, and 3-0 in 3 consecutive playoff series in the same season. I'm pretty sure that one'll never be matched

But they showed character. Fvck you Lemaire. He's not totally to blame for this but he might as well be coaching from the moon right now.

I wish I could be certain he'll be gone next season

I understand where you're coming from... however, I can't realistically imagine a scenario in which Lou is watching this and isn't fuming. This roster should not lose in the first round. They are being coahced out of the rink, and they make NO adjustments. If we see it, Lou has to see it.

I understand where you're coming from... however, I can't realistically imagine a scenario in which Lou is watching this and isn't fuming. This roster should not lose in the first round. They are being coahced out of the rink, and they make NO adjustments. If we see it, Lou has to see it.

I think just like Lemaire and most of this roster, Lou has started to go soft sh!t himself. This whole entire organization has undergone a lobotomy.

Of course Lou is fuming, but he doesn't make reactions like we all do. He's more methodical.

I don't think it's outcoaching. I really don't.

Their D is just better. We have deadwood. They don't have as much of it.

Of course Lou is fuming, but he doesn't make reactions like we all do. He's more methodical.

I don't think it's outcoaching. I really don't.

Their D is just better. We have deadwood. They don't have as much of it.

Maybe so, but Lemaire isn't the right coach for this team, and that has been painfully bared out now. I honestly think this will be Johnny Mac's team next year.

Edited by MadDog2020

And methodically, it's time to turn over this roster. Should have been turned over after the Rangers loss because that was another gutless playoff effort.

This core had one last shot to prove themselves and even given a blockbuster trade to work with. Some of them were even here longer then they should have been.

Turning the team over to Parise is the first step. Show him it's his team entering his contract year. His time is now.

Julien wasn't, Sutter wasn't, Lemaire wasn't, I mean come on. Who is?

It's the players.

Oh trust me brother- that isn't lost on me AT ALL. I mentioned earlier that I think the roster- particularly the "leadership" (I use that term very lightly) has to undergo some changes. But Lemaire is part of the problem. The constant line-shuffling, failure to adjust when neccassary, and his sometimes just generally assanine decisions (like Fraser) have not contributed any good results.

Edited by MadDog2020

There is a story about Mick Jagger introducing Charlie Watts at a concert as “my drummer”. After the show, Watts, (who was an amateur boxer) punched Jagger in the face and said, “next time introduce yourself as my singer”. Jagger never made that mistake again. Brodeur is the prima donna, team poster boy who is in charge of the locker room and has never been held accountable for a lousy game. He is the prize fighter at the end of his career and everyone knows it but him. I wonder what it is like being the so called team captain in that type of atmosphere. That locker room must be poisonous. Leadership? From who? I can only imagine Winky’s pre-game words of wisdom or Niedermayer’s inspirational speeches. Lemaire’s power play? Pass it around the point until Rolston or Kovalchuk wind up and telegraph their shot from the blue line, (hint….one timers work better). Farewell Kovalchuk, Mr. Disappointment. Let’s hope Lou doesn’t waste money signing him. The Devil’s will win the next game only to face defeat in Philly………oh well, there’s always next season.

There is a story about Mick Jagger introducing Charlie Watts at a concert as “my drummer”. After the show, Watts, (who was an amateur boxer) punched Jagger in the face and said, “next time introduce yourself as my singer”. Jagger never made that mistake again. Brodeur is the prima donna, team poster boy who is in charge of the locker room and has never been held accountable for a lousy game. He is the prize fighter at the end of his career and everyone knows it but him. I wonder what it is like being the so called team captain in that type of atmosphere. That locker room must be poisonous. Leadership? From who? I can only imagine Winky’s pre-game words of wisdom or Niedermayer’s inspirational speeches. Lemaire’s power play? Pass it around the point until Rolston or Kovalchuk wind up and telegraph their shot from the blue line, (hint….one timers work better). Farewell Kovalchuk, Mr. Disappointment. Let’s hope Lou doesn’t waste money signing him. The Devil’s will win the next game only to face defeat in Philly………oh well, there’s always next season.

I love the 'blame Marty' mentality. He played fine in games 1 and 2, amazing in game 3, and made one of the biggest saves you're gonna see tonight and the TEAM did not respond. Yeah, the 3rd goal was weak, but they only put in 1 goal for him... again.

And 'Mr Disappointment' has factored in on 6 of the 9 goals the Devils have scored.

i see this thread is up to 29 pages...oh boy...

well, the devils are not getting the puck deep or forechecking with any sustained pressure the way the flyers have the last 2 games...

Simply amazed they did not adjust their play to at least counter the flyers... watching this last game was sickening.

Oh trust me brother- that isn't lost on me AT ALL. I mentioned earlier that I think the roster- particularly the "leadership" (I use that term very lightly) has to undergo some changes. But Lemaire is part of the problem. The constant line-shuffling, failure to adjust when neccassary, and his sometimes just generally assanine decisions (like Fraser) have not contributed any good results.

Lemaire is a huge part of the problem, his "everything's peachy, peace out" attitude and his random-line generator (hit the button and see who you're playing with next shift) make me insane. But the main problem over the last several years is that Lou never filled the holes in either defence when the Scotts left or getting tha 2nd line center we needed so desperately. I still remember reading an article at the time of Stevens retirement ceremony where Lou was asked what he was going to do about the D now that Stevens and Dano retired and Nieds already left and his reply was "our defense is just fine." Even though we still had Raffi at that time, I thought Lou lost it then. Nothing has really been done to improve the D and each year we all beg for that 2nd line center, to no avail.

I truly hope we have a new coach next year, although I thought JL had a 2-year contract (please correct me if I'm wrong). So I hope he has some "personal" issues he needs to take care of and can't fulfill his contract and we get a more offensive-minded coach and some younger, hungrier players who want a real shot at the Cup. And I'm not blaming Kovy for any of this mess, I think we (meaning the coaches and mgmt) took a guy who was used to playing a certain way and tried to fit him into a drastically different system and expected him to adapt in 2 months. I keep hearing the "round peg, square hole" metaphor and it seems to be accurate. I give Kovy credit for even trying, he sounded like he really wanted to win with this team.

Oh and I hope JVB burns Lou's roladex, we don't need any more retreads or relatives of past players who no other team wants to sign.

We can sit here and blame JL, LL and the team all we want but the real reason this is going to sh!t is because

we as a board haven't undertaken the time honoured tradition of removing all Stanley cups for avatars and sigs and replacing them with Starbucks Coffey cups. :evilcry::evilcry:

We only have ourselves to blame.

I'm just disappointed. I hope the boys can scratch and claw their way back into this. Even if they don't win the series... just show that they can and want to.

It's disappointing because of the effort put in by fans such as myself and Jamie. We don't have season tickets but somehow managed to make it to 36 regular season games this year, living paycheck by paycheck getting last minute tickets and worrying how to get to and from games and get tickets and food without overdrawing our bank accounts. It almost seems not worth it and that we wasted a lot of time and money. It also seems like we put in more effort than the team did.

I know, that's the risk you take and a lot of people could have done what we did this year. But when your team looks like they have no fight in them... it's frustrating. Right now I regret going in on half season tickets with a friend for next year... already committing to 21 games... I'm sure I'll feel differently in a few months though..