95 Devils Alumni at Championship plaza 12/5?

estreetcrew3

I thought i recalled them announcing on wed night that they will be out there tomorrow before the game hanging out and signing autographs. Does anyone else remember this?

Edited by estreetcrew3

That is what they advertised... What a waste however...

The Devils once again did it poorly. The event outside was to kick off at 6PM. I got there at five and waited, waited, and waited... AT 6:30+ they FINALLY showed up. I don't know what took so long and you could tell Matt Loughlin was almost out of excuses he could use. People were ticked and leaving because there was ONE small tent to stand under for the winter mix meaning autographs were next to impossible. Then I head people complain because they heard some contest was holding it up. I personally don't know what the contest was, but others complained. Why not move the red-carpet event inside? Did they see the weather?

There was no Albelin, no Stevens, no Chorske, and no McKay on the red carpet. Here's a hint, Stevens is a big draw and the guy should be out there at these meet and greets. Come to find out Chorske's flight was delayed so he didn't make it, but I thought for sure McKay was supposed to be there as well. Where was he? Lastly, the Devils really messed up when they didn't even include Chorske in the honouring of the team. His name was not one of the players on ice or mentioned with those not present. No mention that he was late. My favorite momoent was near the end of the game when they said, "oh look Tom Chorske is going to hand out his jersey to a lucky fan." I look up to see the mascot handing out an authentic Rolston instead. Could they not see that was the mascot and not Chorske? C'mon.

What a mess. I won't waste my time traveling from out of state to come to another "special" Devils event until I hear they do it right. Oh and autographs/photos inside were $20.00 which went to the Alumni Association.

Just very disappointing and I know I heard others both outside and inside say how poor a job the Devils organization does at these events. They (the Devils) should really take time to see how Chicago, Montreal, and Toronto do their events. They could really do a lot better and give the fans something special instead of having everyone wonder what the team won't deliver.

• Like 1

Yeah i ended up not waiting outside. Which i'm happy about cause no stevens and no chorske. But my main goal was to meet and get Peluso's autograph. Which i finally did while he was walking to do the auto/photo thing. But yeah it was badly run. Def need to get theyre act together because this kind of stuff draws a huge crowd and is great for the fans.

Edited by estreetcrew3

After the first autographed puck night, I have learned that the devils organization can't run anything involving multiple fans.

The draft parties always go well however.

After the first autographed puck night, I have learned that the devils organization can't run anything involving multiple fans.

The draft parties always go well however.

I think your first statement should cover the draft parties as well.

I won the contest via Twitter. We were waiting from 5:30 on for the players. They seemed to take forever to actually show up and then go up to the offices to get their jerseys. We didn't even talk to the players outside of the limos because they weren't even there. The Devils staff that was with us at the VIP entrance really had no idea about the whole contest either. I think maybe one person knew. Otherwise they were all pretty much clueless.

I won the contest via Twitter. We were waiting from 5:30 on for the players. They seemed to take forever to actually show up and then go up to the offices to get their jerseys. We didn't even talk to the players outside of the limos because they weren't even there. The Devils staff that was with us at the VIP entrance really had no idea about the whole contest either. I think maybe one person knew. Otherwise they were all pretty much clueless.

Did you get anything cool out of it or literally a limo ride?

I think your first statement should cover the draft parties as well.

To be fair, the Devils did a better job in year two at The Rock for the draft party. It could be better, but it's a start.

It seems once the draft parties went to The Rock, they went in the tank compared to when it was at the Giants bubble.

• Like 1

That is what they advertised... What a waste however...

The Devils once again did it poorly. The event outside was to kick off at 6PM. I got there at five and waited, waited, and waited... AT 6:30+ they FINALLY showed up. I don't know what took so long and you could tell Matt Loughlin was almost out of excuses he could use. People were ticked and leaving because there was ONE small tent to stand under for the winter mix meaning autographs were next to impossible. Then I head people complain because they heard some contest was holding it up. I personally don't know what the contest was, but others complained. Why not move the red-carpet event inside? Did they see the weather?

There was no Albelin, no Stevens, no Chorske, and no McKay on the red carpet. Here's a hint, Stevens is a big draw and the guy should be out there at these meet and greets. Come to find out Chorske's flight was delayed so he didn't make it, but I thought for sure McKay was supposed to be there as well. Where was he? Lastly, the Devils really messed up when they didn't even include Chorske in the honouring of the team. His name was not one of the players on ice or mentioned with those not present. No mention that he was late. My favorite momoent was near the end of the game when they said, "oh look Tom Chorske is going to hand out his jersey to a lucky fan." I look up to see the mascot handing out an authentic Rolston instead. Could they not see that was the mascot and not Chorske? C'mon.

What a mess. I won't waste my time traveling from out of state to come to another "special" Devils event until I hear they do it right. Oh and autographs/photos inside were $20.00 which went to the Alumni Association.

Just very disappointing and I know I heard others both outside and inside say how poor a job the Devils organization does at these events. They (the Devils) should really take time to see how Chicago, Montreal, and Toronto do their events. They could really do a lot better and give the fans something special instead of having everyone wonder what the team won't deliver.

ALL of the players were invited. I repeat... ALL OF THEM. It's not the Devils fault if some of them declined or could not make it. Robinson, Richer, and Lemieux were in Montreal for the 100th anniversary two hour celebration. I'm sure other players have lives and crap to do?

And the fact that you want the Devils to look at Montreal, Chicago, and Toronto for ceremonies is laughable and I expect better out of you. The Devils have 27 years and a crappy fan base to work with. You want them to do things like three original six teams with tons and tons and tons of history?

I mean hockey is part of the culture and life in Montreal and Toronto. They have kids grow up dreaming to play for these teams. Montreal used to have players from the city and the province playing there and it was all about pride in your heritage. We have TWO 'old timers'. Stevens and Daneyko. And sorry to Kenny D, if he played that same career on Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, Edmonton, and so on, his number would not be retired and he wouldn't be such a 'hero.'

You say Stevens should be there? He's a coach. He's with the team preparing for the GAME.

Chorske's absence was a last minute thing and go yell at Kevin Clark for announcing the wrong thing if you're really that mad because you have a hard on for a player who never had more than 41 points in a season for his very short career in which he played for 7 teams.

The Devils do a pretty good job with what they have to work with.

Did you get anything cool out of it or literally a limo ride?

I posted my story in it's own post. It was alright, but poorly put together.

To be fair, the Devils did a better job in year two at The Rock for the draft party. It could be better, but it's a start.

It seems once the draft parties went to The Rock, they went in the tank compared to when it was at the Giants bubble.

Having read your posts about draft party 08 I understand what you are saying.

But it's a pretty low standard they have set with the last 2.

Having read your posts about draft party 08 I understand what you are saying.

But it's a pretty low standard they have set with the last 2.

For some reason they didn't follow up and continue what made the draft parties,(most importantly the equipment sale) a well run event when they moved to Newark and that is.....organization.

I also think with it being on a Friday Night instead of a Saturday afternoon creates some differences in the event.

Edited by SJP20
  • Like 1

ALL of the players were invited. I repeat... ALL OF THEM. It's not the Devils fault if some of them declined or could not make it. Robinson, Richer, and Lemieux were in Montreal for the 100th anniversary two hour celebration. I'm sure other players have lives and crap to do?

And the fact that you want the Devils to look at Montreal, Chicago, and Toronto for ceremonies is laughable and I expect better out of you. The Devils have 27 years and a crappy fan base to work with. You want them to do things like three original six teams with tons and tons and tons of history?

I mean hockey is part of the culture and life in Montreal and Toronto. They have kids grow up dreaming to play for these teams. Montreal used to have players from the city and the province playing there and it was all about pride in your heritage. We have TWO 'old timers'. Stevens and Daneyko. And sorry to Kenny D, if he played that same career on Boston, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, Edmonton, and so on, his number would not be retired and he wouldn't be such a 'hero.'

You say Stevens should be there? He's a coach. He's with the team preparing for the GAME.

Chorske's absence was a last minute thing and go yell at Kevin Clark for announcing the wrong thing if you're really that mad because you have a hard on for a player who never had more than 41 points in a season for his very short career in which he played for 7 teams.

The Devils do a pretty good job with what they have to work with.

A "hard-on" for a player... really. If you are going to say something like that, than you hypocrite for what you said about me months ago for saying to your young lady.

First, I think it was classless of you attack someone's idol whether mine or anyone elses'. Just because Tom Chorske didn't put higher than 41 points in a season doesn't mean anything. There have been plenty of player who were defensive forwards and just because he wasn't a superstar doesn't make him a loser. He actually emailed me about meeting him at the game. He didn't have to, but he choose to and it was classy. He didn't complain about what team wanted him or refused to play for a team; he played for anyone who wanted him which is more than I had the chance to play for. I'll go out on a limb and say, that is probably more than you were played on as well.

Chorske not being there was no one's fault. I was just disappointed to have paid for the tickets, gas, and food to travel 3+ hours to meet him. His plane was delayed in Syracuse and he never did arrive.

I was hoping that you would've taken the high road like your girlfriend did when she saw me on the red carpet. I spotted her first and hoped she would not see me. She unfortunately wound up right beside me on the carpet and was so occupied with the event that I was not noticed. It wasn't until I handed Jim Dowd a photo to sign that she actually saw me. Regardless of whether she was trying to civil or show-off how cool of a spot she had, she managed to say "Hi".

As for the Devils being compared to Orignal six teams... Why not. Just because the Devils haven't been around for 100 or even fifty years, doesn't mean great players, teams, and events have happened. You say there is no history like those teams, but I beg to differ. You say, there is no history... There is plenty, but I'll agree with you on the fan base. If you still say there is really no history other than the three cups, then when is the right time to acknowledge the past? You have to start sometime. There are a plethora of good players from the past who could be part of a sepcial ceremony. What players from the 1988 team who got so far (Muller, A. Broten, Cirella, Shanahan, Verbeek, Sundstrom, Kurvers, Burke, and Johnson)? Loads of Devils fans know so little of what happened pre-1995 why not show them. Why not make it special? It was then.

Brodeur, Rolston, Albelin, Stevens, and Lemaire could've been part of ceremony like Montreal's. I saw Kirk Muller in the ceremony and he was on the bench coaching during the game. The Devils could do a lot better.

I'm not asking for miracles, but the lack of communication as pointed out by Jamie is phethetic. Matt Loughlin had no idea what was going, the tent was way to small and the slushy snow on the red carpet just kept accumulating. Every fan under that tent that I spoke with while waiting over an hour and a half agreed that the Devils lack a marketing department who can follow through. Even Ken Daneyko wad disappointed when I asked him, "hey Ken where's Chorske at."

"I don't know, I wish a log of the guys could've been here" and then trotted off to get out of the crappy weather we had been waiting in for over and hour. Dano, I couldn't agree with you more.

Lasty, C'mon Andrew, I don't know what beef you have with me still, but let it go. I've moved on and the best thing you can do is do the same.

• Like 1

Andrew had to wait outside the limo... trauma... that's kind of fired. I hate stretch limos any how -- I think of a car window like a TV set - you look out - people watch - watch scenery, day dream. I don't like windows so tinted you can't see out even...I dont like people wanted to look in on my life. I hate how a limo begs for attention. I just HATE that makes my skin crawl!! AND I really do not like sitting in a teeny moving room with a few friends -- it just REALLY bugs me. If I'm going to party I'd like a little more space TYVM. But if I had some former Devils trapped with me for a few minutes I'd certainly want my husband there!

I think I know one of the other winners too. Weird how when you're a fan long enough you DO start to recognize other fans and stuff...

:blahblah:

:offtopic: Take it off line to PM or take the high road as you advise. :offtopic:

Hockey based fights and stuff are cool even if there's a history -- but when it's COMPLETELY personal it's just inappropriate - just defend Chorske and leave the rest out next time. Just mom advise feel free to ignore.

:offtopic: Take it off line to PM or take the high road as you advise. :offtopic:

Hockey based fights and stuff are cool even if there's a history -- but when it's COMPLETELY personal it's just inappropriate - just defend Chorske and leave the rest out next time. Just mom advise feel free to ignore.

I read it and i'm refraining from commenting because i know each of them personally and the history and i respect all sides. However, this comes off as side picking on your part because it's no secret the affection you have for one party in it. If you disagree on that, where are you when other issues involving members get personal on this site? You're as transparent as glass.

Just like the autograph threads you stuck your unsolicited, busy-body nose in, you had no place to get involved here. If there's a personal problem on this site between members, Devilminder will handle it.

Edited by SJP20
  • Like 1

Andrew had to wait outside the limo... trauma... that's kind of fired. I hate stretch limos any how -- I think of a car window like a TV set - you look out - people watch - watch scenery, day dream. I don't like windows so tinted you can't see out even...I dont like people wanted to look in on my life. I hate how a limo begs for attention. I just HATE that makes my skin crawl!! AND I really do not like sitting in a teeny moving room with a few friends -- it just REALLY bugs me. If I'm going to party I'd like a little more space TYVM. But if I had some former Devils trapped with me for a few minutes I'd certainly want my husband there!

I think I know one of the other winners too. Weird how when you're a fan long enough you DO start to recognize other fans and stuff...

PK, I didn't mind not being able to go in the limo. I had a feeling that was the case from the beginning but we didn't know for sure. I was just happy to get the club seats! It was a great experience for Jamie and her face coming back inside the arena was priceless. She really needed a "win" and got one so I'm just happy for her :-)I wish they would have made the limo ride longer because she was having some cool conversations with McAlpine, Peluso, and Driver.

As for Matt, my "beef" with you can be related to your entire post. You brought Jamie up in a conversation that didn't involve her and you are trying to argue some personal issues on a public message board for everyone to see. Yeah, she said hi to you. Call it the "high road" if you want. I call it being mature and not embarrassing you in a public venue. But then again, I'm not going to discuss that here. You just simply need to grow up. I can't believe I'm saying that to someone at least 10 years older than me.

So back to hockey... why don't you defend Chorske then? I'd like to know why you like him so much. I'm not challenging you as a person, but just your reasoning of why you'd spend all the money and drive the distance for a guy who's biggest accomplishment was sending you an e-mail.

And c'mon with the celebration thing. Did you watch Montreal's? They had old timers coming out and skating around the ice like a warmup. Old players mixed with new players. Gordie Howe gave a speech. They have guys in wheelchairs.

And don't even think about mentioning Brendan Shanahan as an old time Devil with some history. NO ONE will remember him as a Devil. He'll be a Red Wing. Yeah, we have 3 Stanley Cups and that's impressive for an organization like the Devils. But most of the players involved in these things are still playing hockey. Old time greats from the original six teams can hardly walk.

Yes, we'll be celebrating Brodeur, Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer, Brylin, Parise, Elias, and others some day. But we are a long way behind franchises like that. Montreal has one of the biggest fan bases in the world. And EVERYONE would laugh at you for your arguments.

I read it and i'm refraining from commenting because i know each of them personally and i respect each. It's not my place or responsibility to be involved in drama between others, but this comes off as side picking on your part because it's no secret the affection you have for one party in it. If you disagree on that, where are you when other things get personal on this site? You're as transparent as glass.

Just like the autograph threads you stuck your unsolicited, busy-body nose in, you had no place to get involved here. If there's a personal problem on this site between members, Devilminder will handle it.

And did you just do the thing you're lecturing PK about? Yes. Chill out. Matt did a stupid thing by bringing that up on a convo that was about something else. It's over with. Thank you PK for defense I appreciate it. :-)

Can't everyone just be nice? Geez. Matt, lovely seeing you beef no beef, whatever. I don't care. It's called being polite.