97 replies to this topic

#21 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

Billy Boy's getting fined for that. He was blowing his stack earlier in the drive too when he thought one of the Ravens didn't go out of bounds but the refs said he did and stopped the clock.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,070 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

Jesus H fvcking Christ Bill, do you think your defense can make a stop in one of this big games with the game on the line JUST ONCE?! Keep telling yourself you're some kind of genius. Brady can't bail you and your D out every friggin' game.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

That was the worst officiated game I have ever scene. I am embarrassed to call this a "win". My boys are again on Thursday, but I can't watch this crap anymore. The owners suck and have tainted the season so far.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,070 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

That was the worst officiated game I have ever scene. I am embarrassed to call this a "win". My boys are again on Thursday, but I can't watch this crap anymore. The owners suck and have tainted the season so far.

Yeah, good for Al Michaels for calling out the NFL on it.

I wanted to punch Belichick so badly today...don't blame the refs because you couldn't come up with a defensive gameplan yet again. The Ravens made it look easy at the end, and even worse, I KNEW they would. And McCourty blows as much this year as he did last.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#25 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

Billy Boy's getting fined for that. He was blowing his stack earlier in the drive too when he thought one of the Ravens didn't go out of bounds but the refs said he did and stopped the clock.

The NFL warned everyone not to verbally degrade the officials, let alone touch them. Come tomorrow, watch the league step in and make an example out of BB. He'll get fined BIG TIME and may possibly even be suspended for 1 game.. and fvck him for doing that!! You NEVER put your hands on an official. EVER!! Those guys are no where near as consistent as the regular officials.. but they have a job to do too, and that was completely unacceptable.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

you won...like I just told you....you brush it off....you walk away and you think it looks a LOT prettier in the standings tomorrow....

I swear I'm reverting to coin tosses for predictions next week :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#27 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

What a crazy Pats Ravens game, these refs make some good television!...except when my Giants play.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#28 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,937 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

People are getting on Bill, but I think in this case he almost had to grab an official. The officials clearly wanted to get out of there as quick as possible, and not deal with that call. As a coach, you feel you deserve an explanation for why don't they look at the replay. So the refs are running quickly off the field, and Bill tried to grab one ask for a review. The optics look back, but I'd expect most coaches to want some answer there.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

People are getting on Bill, but I think in this case he almost had to grab an official. The officials clearly wanted to get out of there as quick as possible, and not deal with that call. As a coach, you feel you deserve an explanation for why don't they look at the replay. So the refs are running quickly off the field, and Bill tried to grab one ask for a review. The optics look back, but I'd expect most coaches to want some answer there.

Honestly, I don't blame Bill. The calls were inconsistent and amateurish.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

Honestly, I don't blame Bill. The calls were inconsistent and amateurish.

So is putting your hands on the official regardless of circumstance.....if one of the players does this he's gone next week....if Harbuagh or Jim Schwartz does this they're fined up the ass and probably suspended next week.....time for a little consistency there NFL....you gave out the MEMO OF DOOM to knock it off with harassing the officials (not to mention no one told YOU Bill to not call one of your two timeouts to leave some time on the damn clock idiot, Tomlin did this too yesterday)

.....still not as boneheaded as Jim Schwartz not trying for a 30 yard FG in OVERTIME and going for it on 4th and 1 :blink:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

....still not as boneheaded as Jim Schwartz not trying for a 30 yard FG in OVERTIME and going for it on 4th and 1 :blink:

Schwartz said he intended to try to draw the other team offsides and the ball wasn't supposed to be snapped lol. Which is also micromanaging, that stupid make the other team jump offsides fake snap works one out of every fifty times anyway. Glad Detroit got burned on it when the center (backup QB, whomever) made a mistake :lol:

Tomlin going for it on 4th and 1 from his own 30 in a tie game was weird too, especially after they'd been stuffed on 3rd down. He did get away with it though.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 September 2012 - 07:33 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#32 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Schwartz said he intended to try to draw the other team offsides and the ball wasn't supposed to be snapped lol. Which is also micromanaging, that stupid make the other team jump offsides fake snap works one out of every fifty times anyway. Glad Detroit got burned on it when the center (backup QB, whomever) made a mistake :lol:

That's when you grab your center and QB by the facemask and you SCREAM "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ON THIS PLANET DO YOU SNAP THIS DAMN BALL!!!!!!"
sh!t why even call a play then???
That just makes Schwartz even DUMBER

I'm just glad Direct TV is back at the bar, that 3:30-4:30 hour was the craziest thing I ever saw......

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:39 AM

Tomlin going for it on 4th and 1 from his own 30 in a tie game was weird too, especially after they'd been stuffed on 3rd down. He did get away with it though.

Tomlin also left that game with a timeout in his pocket letting the Raiders with the best legged kicker in all the football I've ever seen kick a last second FG.....that's unacceptable......

#34 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,143 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

To add to the officiating gaffes....

From the Detroit/Tennessee game:

Now the officials had to mark off the 15-yard penalty. Presumably, replay official Earnie Frantz or the officiating supervisor told the referee, Gerald Wright, to mark the 15-yard penalty from the Tennessee 44. But Wright marked it from the Detroit 44, giving the Titans a first down at the Detroit 29. If the crew had marked it from the Titans 44, the first down would have been from the Detroit 41. As it was, Tennessee, from the 29, was already in field-goal range. It's beyond inexcusable -- and to think the league office put an extra set of eyes in the replay booth to ensure debacles like a 27-yard personal foul wouldn't happen. It did anyway.

From the San Francisco/Minnesota game:

In Minnesota, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh got two free replay challenges he didn't deserve near the end of the second half (video below). When he called his third timeout late in the fourth quarter, he asked referee Ken Roan if he was allowed to challenge a play during the timeout because he'd noticed what he thought was a Minnesota fumble during the timeout. Roan allowed him the challenge, even though you've got to have a timeout remaining if you throw the challenge flag, because the penalty for losing a challenge is a loss of a timeout. Upstairs, the replay official, Tom Sifferman, and the unknown supervisor from the league, could have corrected Roan on this call, or on another challenge one minute later by Harbaugh. The veteran league reps didn't correct the disaster. Lucky for the league the Niners weren't able to score off the two extra challenges, and the game ended with Minnesota winning 24-13.

Edited by nmigliore, 24 September 2012 - 11:03 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#35 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

....sooo in other words, the "actual" ref in the booth is screwing up as much.....or MORE....then the replacement refs on the field.....

....and you wonder why the locked out refs can burn in hell in my eyes :P

#36 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,143 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

Seattle's defensive line is going CRAZY on Rodgers; 4 sacks for Clemons, 2 for Irvin, and 2 for Mebane. Wow.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#37 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,892 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Only 4 sacks to go to match the Giants raping of McNabb on SNF a few years ago.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#38 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,143 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

More crappy officiating tonight. BIG phantom pass interference call on Sam Shields when it should've been offensive pass interference instead... could cost Green Bay the game.

Edited by nmigliore, 24 September 2012 - 10:32 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#39 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,143 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

You KNEW this would happen!!!! Amazing.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#40 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,937 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Well this could be the nightmare moment the replacement refs have somehow avoided at the end of a game to this point. How that wasn't ruled an INT when the Packer CLEARLY came down with it is beyond me. And if they do overturn this now god help the refs getting out of that stadium.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 September 2012 - 10:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users