GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

Derlique

What a deal for both teams

Its a perfect deal.

Pittsburgh gets cap space + Sutter. Sutter goes right into Staals role + the damn draft pick.

Carolina gets Jordan Staal.

Pittsburgh "wins", but its a great trade for both. Shero scored.

Who cares - its like everything PIT does every year is fvcking magical.

The year they signed Martin and Michalek every pundit and NHL "expert" made it sound as if they just built Rome - now they can't move these guys out fast enough.

Happy for Staal - gets to play with his brother and into the spotlight - other than that - fvck 'em.

Edited by DevilinLA

Yup... but will Crosby be healthy enough to play well prior to his recurring concussion symptoms.

They will still be paying Sid. He's their franchise more than anyone else.

If they can't afford Staal, they're not going to get Parise.

6 straight defensemen selected, 7 of 9 picks selected are defensemen.

Really shocked Forsberg is falling. Would love to see Lou get up and steal him, but with the price of climbing so far being pretty high, Im not confident at all in that dream.

Really shocked Forsberg is falling. Would love to see Lou get up and steal him, but with the price of climbing so far being pretty high, Im not confident at all in that dream.

I can't recall seeing Forsberg fall this far in any mock drafts. All the rankings like him, though I guess this is a year for defensemen. I wonder if TBL will go for him or another D like Ceci with their pick here?

Grigorenko was expected to fall, but Forsberg is a huge shock.

I can't recall seeing Forsberg fall this far in any mock drafts. All the rankings like him, though I guess this is a year for defensemen. I wonder if TBL will go for him or another D like Ceci with their pick here?

Grigorenko was expected to fall, but Forsberg is a huge shock.

Yea, Grigorenko also could stay in Russia. Not surprised there. Wonder what the GMs know about Forsberg.