2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

'7' -- The Bucs O-Line is not good.  In the preseason game, the Dolphins D-Line pushed them all over the place.  It's why I would have been hesitant to draft Doug Martin.

Bottom line, I wouldn't get too excited if I were a Jets fan, at least not yet.  If Geno is productve against the Pats you might have something. 

• Like 1

'7' -- The Bucs O-Line is not good.  In the preseason game, the Dolphins D-Line pushed them all over the place.  It's why I would have been hesitant to draft Doug Martin.

Bottom line, I wouldn't get too excited if I were a Jets fan, at least not yet.  If Geno is productve against the Pats you might have something. 

u have to understamnd, going 1-0 is the superbowl for the jets. they won by 1 point and now the dline is best ever. beezer has defended sanchez to the death, and now after 1 win, he's already singing showtunes for geno

• Like 1

Let us have some fun. I think most Jets fans realize we're looking at a 4 or 5 win season and especially sweet beating Revis and that douche Schiano.  

u have to understamnd, going 1-0 is the superbowl for the jets. they won by 1 point and now the dline is best ever. beezer has defended sanchez to the death, and now after 1 win, he's already singing showtunes for geno

I still love Sanchez. I feel very bad for him now more than ever, because we finally have a good OC & QB coach. I think we win yesterday’s game 24-17 if Sanchez played. However, if the Jets win with Geno, I will support him just the same. Whoever’s going to generate victories for my team is the player I will support. . period! --AND, I wouldn’t even rule out Sanchez coming back next season anyway! If Geno Smith performs well enough to show he’s a franchise quarterback, it would be in the Jets best interest (and Sanchez’s aswell) to keep him around as the backup.

Before cutting Sanchez next season (which everyone and their Mother expects the Jets to do) I would pitch restructuring his contract entirely if I’m John Idzik. --and really, if you’re Sanchez, what’s your recourse? You’re certainly not going to start anywhere else? Rex Grossman’s the backup for RG3. Foles the backup for Vick. Alex Smith was the backup for Kaepernick last season. The reason teams with mobile QB’s have semi- starters as backups, is because of risk factor(s). If Geno Smith’s game is going to include him rushing for 50-70 yards per week, he is going to get injured eventually. Wouldn’t hurt having Sanchez as an insurance policy going forward.

Let us have some fun. I think most Jets fans realize we're looking at a 4 or 5 win season and especially sweet beating Revis and that douche Schiano.  

Oh no no no no.. I WANT this all fvcking season!! This is exactly the kind of disrespect I want from the outside world after every god-damn win!

Until this year, the Jets have always been a respected team the 4 years under Ryan.. and sometimes I think it plays against the Jets. Players believe their own hype, and start to fall in love with themselves. It’s tough to win games when you’ve got a target on your back. When opposing teams circle you on their calendar. But this year.. NO ONE is circling the Jets on their calendar! You think anyone is going to pick the Jets against Pittsburgh, or Cincinnati? I’m sure teams will be looking at the Jets and breathing a sigh of relief.. and THAT’S the kind of under-the-radar sh!t that I want all fvcking year. I want this team to have an; “us against the world” mentality. I want them to walk into every game with a gigantic chip on their shoulder, and looking for someone to knock it off. I want them to feel they have to prove it.. and I want them to play their asses off for their head coach.

If the Patriots beat us.. then great, that’s fine. We all expected that anyway right?

But if the Jets beat New England in Foxboro on Thursday, with a chance to go 3-0 against the Bills @ home.. they’ll be different views being discussed around these parts from the talking heads for sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT; Pace after the game.. :rock:

Calvin Pace sat at his locker after the game, and spoke to the media.. with his back to the reporters. "Everybody wants to see us fail. Not [some] people.. everybody! Let’s be real about this–Everybody. For whatever reason, there's a personal vendetta against the Jets. I know the last couple of years haven't been up to our standard, but thirty-second? Thirty-second in the league? Really? That’s absurd. We might not be the best team, but I'm damn sure we're not the worst. I've seen the worst. We've played against some of the worst.. we're not that. There's a team out west that I know is worse than we are. Now you've even got former players who've left saying we're the worst? [Pace pauses] Man.. I've seen you in here going along with it! Now you get on TV, and want to boost your career up by saying; oh they're [the Jets] the worst organization.. when the previous one that you played for kicked you to the curb? We welcomed you in! That's tough. But that thirty-second, [the ESPN ranking] that was the ultimate slap in the face. We heard it as a team. It was seen. It was taken accordingly by us. We're the ones in charge of it. We can change it by playing well. It's motivation. It was much needed. It showed these young guys that, despite what is out there about us, we can do things together. It's going to take everybody.. together."  --Calvin Pace.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/26781/rex-pushes-right-buttons-to-rile-up-jets

http://nypost.com/2013/09/09/media-snubs-were-jet-fuel-for-opening-win/

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/84476/locker-room-buzz-new-york-jets

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324549004579063341290290868.html

Edited by Beezer34

Vereen out for Thursday and for a few weeks...needs wrist surgery.  At least the Pats have some depth at that position, but Ridley needs to take much better care of the ball than he did against the Bills.

The fvck are you even talking about. Getting to the Super Bowl is Getting to the Super Bowl for the Jets (as they almost did in 09 and 10) what in your empty head made you think beating the Bucs is getting to the Super Bowl for the Jets? We always beat Tampa. 

Sanchez likely needs shoulder surgery that would end his season.  It was most likely over for him here anyway but geez Rex really screwed the kid's career if that's what happens in the end.  Who's going to take him off of two bad years and one serious injury this offseason?

Too bad it had to end this way after just two and a half years ago where Sanchez was the prince of the town and Rex the king.  Now Sanchez is gone and Rex is on life support career-wise.

Edited by NJDevs4978

From what I'm reading, the surgery is being planned at the end of the year.. not necessarily "season ending" so-to-speak. It seems Sanchez has already made up his mind on the type of treatment he's going to get.. and that's rehab over surgery..

http://nypost.com/2013/09/12/sanchez-doesnt-need-season-ending-surgery-sources/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000242994/article/jets-qb-mark-sanchez-has-torn-labrum-wants-to-rehab

"If I needed surgery right now, I never would have left Andrews office. I would've stayed and got the surgery." -Mark Sanchez

..look, I'm trying to be realistic about this whole thing.. Sanchez's days as a starter in NY are pretty much over. (unless Geno has a complete meltdown over the course of the next 5 weeks) My thing is.. as I said before;  if I'm Idzik, I at least try to restructure the contract at the end of the season to be tailored to more of a backup. --and like you said.. what is Sanchez going to do?  :noclue:  Where will he go, what are his options?

Edited by Beezer34

As a Jets fan, I'm semi-excited to for this game. Maybe that sounds crazy, but this is probably the best time to get the Pats. It's early in the year, they narrowly escaped Buffalo last week despite being huge favorites, and they are missing a lot of offensive weapons: Amendola, who was a God-send in the 2nd half last week, and Gronkowski are not expected to play; Vereen is out;  Sudfeld is questionable. 

The pressure is going to be on Brady to make do with Thompkins and Edelman and for Ridley to hold onto the football against a run defense that held Doug Martin to 65 yards last week. 

I still think the Pats win, but if there was ever a time to catch New England in the season, this might be it, even though it's in Foxborough. 

I agree with the above...not sure why some people insist on saying that there's no way the Jets win this game...Brady can only do so much with so little (though he's always found a way), and BB's gameplan the last several years is to hope Brady leads the offensive to 30+ points so no one will notice how sh!tty his defenses perform against almost ALL QBs. 

If the Pats manage to go 2-0 and one week closer to getting Gronk back, I'll be thrilled.  This is not the Pats of yesteryear...not right this second, anyway.

I agree with the above...not sure why some people insist on saying that there's no way the Jets win this game...Brady can only do so much with so little (though he's always found a way), and BB's gameplan the last several years is to hope Brady leads the offensive to 30+ points so no one will notice how sh!tty his defenses perform against almost ALL QBs.

If the Pats manage to go 2-0 and one week closer to getting Gronk back, I'll be thrilled. This is not the Pats of yesteryear...not right this second, anyway.

Because regardless of who the Pats lost on offense, they still have more offensive talent than the Jets. Jets have no threats and a rookie QB. The Pats are home with Tom Brady. Is the spread greater than 10 points tonight?

Is the spread greater than 10 points tonight?

It is. I upgraded the Jets win probability from 12.5% to 22.22% after I heard about the Pats injuries.

I wouldn't have blamed Hill on that fumble if the foot had contacted the ball directly, but he HAS to learn to clutch that ball more securely against his body. A great play to start a drive turned into an opponent's field goal. Can't have that.

I don't think Geno was as bad as his numbers. He was victimized by a ton of drops, no Kerley (an actual sure handed receiver) The first INT was a play that was legit broken up and then picked on the deflection. Wasn't all his fault. The game ender was a horrible throw btw.

They ran the ball at will today, and abandoned it too early

Stephen Hill...bonehead fumble, but the guy I feel is going to be good one day

Clyde Gates...what can you say. Did they actually find evidence to conclusively overturn that TD pass in the 2nd. I mean I'm sure he dropped it. Was there any video of the ball on the ground? Doesn't it have to be conclusive to overturn?

Can't find much fault with the D.

Edited by '7'

The first INT was behind Holmes, that's on the QB too.

Morningweg is sort of the anti-Herm/Hackett.  As opposed to being too conservative, he's too damn trigger happy.  25 runs for 100 yards (between Ivory and Powell) isn't bad...why not a few more carries to take some pressure off the rook?

The first INT was behind Holmes, that's on the QB too.

Morningweg is sort of the anti-Herm/Hackett. As opposed to being too conservative, he's too damn trigger happy. 25 runs for 100 yards (between Ivory and Powell) isn't bad...why not a few more carries to take some pressure off the rook?

Especially since Ivory seemed be getting 5+ yards a pop. If they kept to it, the Pats would have had to adjust and would have allowed Geno more space, especially downfield. Bad play calling, otherwise the Jets could have pulled off.

Neither D was really as good as their numbers would lead us to believe.  Key drops on both sides.  I understand why Brady was pissed, but at the same time, I don't know if it's such a great idea to be THAT demonstrative when your rookie receivers are dropping catchable balls or screwing up their routes...he was really showing guys up at times.  Brady even admitted that he needs to work on his body language, and he's right...I'm sure guys like Dobson and Thompkins are intimidated enough...they know they're stepping into an offense known for flashy play and prolific scoring.  I don't know how throwing a sh!t-fit seemingly every time one of them makes a mistake is going to help either one of them get better. 

If I'm Brady, I count my blessings that my team is 2-0, then apologize to both Dobson and Thompkins for the on-field temper tantrums, then hang with them and try to build up some kind of rapport on AND off the field.  Great as he is, I think he's going about this all the wrong way. 

Anyway, the game went roughly about as I expected it to...I expected the Jets to be in it until the very end, and they were. 

I have to admit being kind of amused the Kenbrell Thompkins hype machine blew up lol...if only because he got drafted in the SEVENTH round of the NJDevs fantasy league (twelve-team), and someone else tried to draft him a round later and was annoyed he couldn't get him in the eighth :lol:

But yeah I looked over at Geno during a couple of the Jet drops and he wasn't demonstrative.  Then again he's got his own problems to work with...starting with the fact he can't throw in bad weather at all  :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

This has been such a stinky game. Drops, fumbles, weird special teams play... 

..interceptions, reversed calls, broken coverage, wrong routes run, the rain.. the moon.. the stars.. the wind velocity.. It really doesn’t matter with NE. They always find a way to win their divisional games so long as they have their brand.. and until someone plays them showing that they’re not afraid of that logo, nothing will ever change. The Bills\Jets\Fish see that logo, and literally sh!t their pants. The mental errors\mistakes that went on for the Jets last night were disgusting! They had 4 turnovers, and somehow still had a chance to win it! This is the second fvcking game over the last two seasons, that the Jets absolutely had won.. and squandered by beating themselves. Last season it was Hill that gave away the game. Last night, it was Gates, Geno, Hill, take your pick.

What the Patriots showed you last night was that they didn’t need anyone on their team to win the AFC East.. they have their NAME.. and that’s enough. They can win the Division on cruise control. They don’t need; Deion Branch, or Wes Welker.. Danny Woodhead, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd, Visanthe Shiancoe, Daniel Fells, Kellen Winslow, Tim Tebow, Jake Ballard, Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld, Shane Vereen, Danny Amendola.. and no, Tom Brady didn’t win this game for them either, so spare me the: “they still have TB” sentiments. They don’t need anyone. They can suite up CFL players and trot them out on the field in that uniform.. and that will be enough! Because they’ll be in the uniform. --and BB even knows it, which is why he didn’t even bother having a practice for his players on Tuesday.

I’m not upset that the Jets are 1-1.. because they should be 1-1. Maybe they deserved to win last night, but they sure as hell didn’t deserve to beat Tampa, and in the end, I can rationalize everything evening out. What I am upset about is: the Patriots in no way shape or form deserve to be 2-0. You could seriously make a case for them being 0-2.. but as long as they play AFC East teams, they’ll be the Kings of Mongoloids! My HOPE is that the tougher teams left on their schedule (Baltimore, Denver, Houston, Atlanta, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, New Orleans, Miami, etc.) watched these last two games that they’ve played, and literally laughed out loud.

I don't think Geno was as bad as his numbers. He was victimized by a ton of drops, no Kerley (an actual sure handed receiver) The first INT was a play that was legit broken up and then picked on the deflection. Wasn't all his fault. The game ender was a horrible throw btw.

They ran the ball at will today, and abandoned it too early

Stephen Hill...bonehead fumble, but the guy I feel is going to be good one day

Clyde Gates...what can you say. Did they actually find evidence to conclusively overturn that TD pass in the 2nd. I mean I'm sure he dropped it. Was there any video of the ball on the ground? Doesn't it have to be conclusive to overturn?

I don't know if it's been addressed since it happened, but I was thinking the same thing about that Gates play in the end zone. I never saw the ball hit the ground on the replays they showed.