Would This Ever Fly In The NHL?

TheMazz

Translation of this card:   Those of you in the "entitlement crowd" who feel it's my RIGHT to do what I want, when I want, even if it's at the expense of other fans....GTFO.  

I'd give these out to everyone doing the stupid Rangers/Flyers/Crosby chant.  Actually, they should just eject them without a warning.

I didn't know we were 10 years old and in elementary school. How about we all get lollipops for behaving well!

It's great when they make your point FOR you.

In your world, we should set up a "time out" area or a swear jar for all the "entitled" because your virgin ears can't handle a "Rangers sucks! Flyers swallow!" chant, right? You don't like it, so you feel entitled to tell a whole arena to put a stop to a relatively harmless chant? Who's entitled?

Edited by DJ Eco

Technically, you CAN get (and people have gotten) thrown out for yelling the F-bomb all night. I'm addressing the later part in his post where he would kick out "Rangers suck! Flyers swallow!" chanters because it offends him. Talk about entitled.

Your last two sentences are the definition of both irony and stupidity.  Great job.  No one can help you.  

Edited by Z-Man

Oh look, this thread.  AGAIN.  fvck guys, this is such a beat to death topic, can we just NOT do this sh!t again.  It's clear:  There are some on one side, and some on the other.  You people are literally bringing NOTHING new to the conversation.  Those of us that wish to chant and be rowdy, do so until someone throws you out.  Those of us who would rather sit there and do nothing all night, fine, power to you, go ahead.  

Sidebar:  Comparing a movie theatre and a grocery store to a sporting event.  Hahaha I mean honestly, have we really gotten to that point

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 2

Technically, you CAN get (and people have gotten) thrown out for yelling the F-bomb all night. I'm addressing the later part in his post where he would kick out "Rangers suck! Flyers swallow!" chanters because it offends him. Talk about entitled.

And that phrase is obscene.  Want to prove that it is?  How about find an 8 year old and explain the exact meaning behind it including what the suck and swallow part means in particular. If you can't or feel weird, then yeah it is probably obscene.

And that phrase is obscene.  Want to prove that it is?  How about find an 8 year old and explain the exact meaning behind it including what the suck and swallow part means in particular. If you can't or feel weird, then yeah it is probably obscene.

It's a good thing we're not at Disney On Ice, we're at a hockey game where 98% of the arena are at least 15 and over.

Good to see the 'ignore user' feature is still working...thankfully.

Too bad we don't have that at the arena.

Only person hurling any sort of insult toward anybody was you, good work buddy.

It's about being smart. Going to sporting events is like a rite of passage. I remember being 5-6 and hearing foul language. It's the nature of the beast. You hear things, you learn about it, and if you have good parents they'll tell you not to repeat things you hear or you'll get a spanking (if we really want to get heated, this is a good argument).

Now being a 20 something on the other side of the coin, there's a responsibility not to look like a fycking moron in the place. I always take a good look around during the game making sure there aren't kids around. When they are, you try and set an example and keep it respectful. F bombs I front of children are just classless. I'll heckle teams and players , part of that is the fun of being at the arena. But people need to use common sense. I wouldn't want to be swearing up a storm in front of CRs daughter or anything but I don't think any parent brings a child to game without expecting to hear some foul language. Morale of the story: use some fvcking common sense

• Like 2

It's about being smart. Going to sporting events is like a rite of passage. I remember being 5-6 and hearing foul language. It's the nature of the beast. You hear things, you learn about it, and if you have good parents they'll tell you not to repeat things you hear or you'll get a spanking (if we really want to get heated, this is a good argument).

Now being a 20 something on the other side of the coin, there's a responsibility not to look like a fycking moron in the place. I always take a good look around during the game making sure there aren't kids around. When they are, you try and set an example and keep it respectful. F bombs I front of children are just classless. I'll heckle teams and players , part of that is the fun of being at the arena. But people need to use common sense. I wouldn't want to be swearing up a storm in front of CRs daughter or anything but I don't think any parent brings a child to game without expecting to hear some foul language. Morale of the story: use some fvcking common sense

:clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:

It's a good thing we're not at Disney On Ice, we're at a hockey game where 98% of the arena are at least 15 and over.

Only person hurling any sort of insult toward anybody was you, good work buddy.

That explains a lot of your views on this.  Believe me, there are a lot more families with younger kids at games than you think or apparently notice.

That explains a lot of your views on this. Believe me, there are a lot more families with younger kids at games than you think or apparently notice.

Obviously he's the only one that matters. We should all recognize that.

This is the product of everyone getting a trophy, win or lose.

That's what I think the card is all about.  It's a reminder to people to just use common sense.  However, a good chunk of people believe that the price of admission pretty much allows them to leave common sense at the door.  I don't want a quiet arena but I don't want an arena full of classless jerks around either.  It just seems the latter group has grown a lot larger, especially the last 7-10 years.

That's what I think the card is all about. It's a reminder to people to just use common sense. However, a good chunk of people believe that the price of admission pretty much allows them to leave common sense at the door. I don't want a quiet arena but I don't want an arena full of classless jerks around either. It just seems the latter group has grown a lot larger, especially the last 7-10 years.

I agree but I don't think it's right for the team to enforce something like a stupid card. I can't tell you how many times a friend or even a stranger would say something and a "hey buddy take it easy" pointing to a kid nearby would make the person feel like the biggest a$$hole ever. I think it's up to ourselves to police that kind of thing

This is the most sensible, accurate post I've seen out of all these threads about the same topic. I wish everyone could comprehend this.

P.O.D.

No, wait, can this just be the Post-of-the-Topic?  Like every time this stupid thing is brought up again, can someone just post this?

I agree but I don't think it's right for the team to enforce something like a stupid card. I can't tell you how many times a friend or even a stranger would say something and a "hey buddy take it easy" pointing to a kid nearby would make the person feel like the biggest a$$hole ever. I think it's up to ourselves to police that kind of thing

And I am not trying to bust your chops here, but I have seen people ask others to keep it down as well and the response they get is the guy either giving them the finger, threatening to beat them up, or at best ignore the request even with children.

I always thought that if you want to curse and act up you should watch the game at home or at a bar (not a family restaurant with a bar). And I have a very foul mouth. 

We all have the right to act like dicks. It's how you use those rights that matter. Just be respectful to the people around you. Isn't that part of the golden rule?

Obviously he's the only one that matters. We should all recognize that.

This is the product of everyone getting a trophy, win or lose.

Dude, are you serious? You're the one saying YOU have a problem with people around YOU letting an F-bomb slip or chanting and that if YOU had YOUR way, YOU'd kick them out.

I'm saying I'm fine with the status quo. People around me who get politely asked to tone it down usually do. I live and let be.

Edited by DJ Eco

He's essentially disagreeing with your position that security should police the language being used in the crowd.

Wow. If everyone used common sense (something obviously foreign to you), there wouldn't be a NEED to police the language. You honestly couldn't figure that one out by yourself?

Feel free to keep responding, the wires just aren't connecting for you. I can't be bothered any more.

And I am not trying to bust your chops here, but I have seen people ask others to keep it down as well and the response they get is the guy either giving them the finger, threatening to beat them up, or at best ignore the request even with children.

This is a good point. I once told someone, who was dropping f bombs and saying disgusting things all night while there was a family of like 6 sitting 10 feet away, that we got his point already....and so his drunk gf started flipping out. Though at that point, I feel he might have actually been embarrassed, LOL.

Dude, are you serious? You're the one saying YOU have a problem with people around YOU letting an F-bomb slip or chanting and that if YOU had YOUR way, YOU'd kick them out.

I'm saying I'm fine with the status quo. People around me who get politely asked to tone it down usually do. I live and let be.

There's absolutely no way most of the people you've seen asked to tone it down, 1. Were asked nicely or 2. Obliged the request.

And look, no one's saying we need a completely PC crowd. Swearing is ok, if used in moderation and is tailored to the area you are sitting in. If there's like 50 kids around you, there's no need for 1000 f bombs. If you're in the nose bleeds and there isn't a kid to be seen, maybe be a bit more liberal with the usage, but still, doesn't need to so over the top that you sound like a little kid who just learned a dirty word. There is a middle ground.

Edited by ATLL765