2011 NFL Thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets re-signed Holmes, 5 years $50 mil- $24 mil guaranteed. Good signing for them unfortunately.

Wow. So does this empty the coffers for Edwards and Cromartie?

Schefter reports the Dolphins and Broncos are in very serious trade talks regarding Orton

Why? I think this trade actually damages both teams.

It makes sense. Henne didn't do much to win the starting job outright last year, Orton would definitely be an upgrade, and it's clear in Denver that the Tebow era is about to begin.

Bingo. Plus Orton had a good relationship with Marshall in Denver. This would immediately make us a better team. I do it for a 3rd, but no more.

It makes sense. Henne didn't do much to win the starting job outright last year, Orton would definitely be an upgrade, and it's clear in Denver that the Tebow era is about to begin.

But Henne is still learning and this undercuts his development and I think Tebow is interesting, I don't know if he the type of QB that can play a full season.

Per Schefter, Washington trades Haynesworth to NEW ENGLAND for a fifth-rounder :o

And not even next year's fifth-rounder, a 2013 fifth :P

Also the Saints agree to trade Bush to the Dolphins, pending the Dolphins getting him to restructure his deal.

Edited by NJDevs4978

..the Saints agree to trade Reggie Bush to the Dolphins, pending the Dolphins getting him to restructure his deal.

This reeks of the resurrection of the wildcat in Miami.

Bush can make things happen with his legs, that make defenders look like fools. (when he's on) And most of all, he's a winner.

Not happy about this one.

This reeks of the resurrection of the wildcat in Miami.

Bush can make things happen with his legs, that make defenders look like fools. (when he's on) And most of all, he's a winner.

Not happy about this one.

The other thing Beez is that Bush also can be a dynamic punt and kick returner, which we also sorely need. I like the move. Bush is a playmaker, and we don't have enough of those.

Poor Clown, between having the Patriots and the Jets engaged in a Sox-Yankees type arms race, along with the Dolphins possibly adding Orton and Bush to Marshall and a good young defense, the Bills really got no chance the next couple years :lol:

What are you talking about bro? They signed Tyler Thigpen! :P

The other thing Beez is that Bush also can be a dynamic punt and kick returner, which we also sorely need. I like the move. Bush is a playmaker, and we don't have enough of those.

And you guys did do kinda good with the last New Orleans RB who's career they tried to breathe life back into....

If the guy they drafted in the 2nd round becomes good, then you're pretty set at RB I'd think (though 99% of these guys are interchangeable now)

And you guys did do kinda good with the last New Orleans RB who's career they tried to breathe life back into....

If the guy they drafted in the 2nd round becomes good, then you're pretty set at RB I'd think (though 99% of these guys are interchangeable now)

Yeah, that Ricky guy worked out ok in the end. :P Now we just need to finish off this Orton trade and we should be ready to go to battle.

Mason is a possession receiver and typically just gets us first downs. Their is a huge difference between speed and separation from defenders. Speed is meaningless if you can't get open, so on that note our numbers speak for themselves.

You are correct about one thing, we can't seem to beat the Steelers when it counts, especially in the last seconds of a game. This will change.

This will not change as long as Dick LeBeau is calling the defense in Pittsburgh. From my perspective, Baltimore is in deep trouble. Heap is all Flacco had last year in the playoffs. Mason is old and slow and they lost/will lose Housmandzedah and Stallworth to free agency. Torrey Smith isn't ready to rise to elite status as a rookie as this lockout will hurt his progression. Pittsburgh's defense is better than Baltimore's defense. Yes, I'm biased, but both defenses are old but Pittsburgh does it better and is preparing to get younger. I think Baltimore has at least 3 more years of playoff disappointment until they can reach the Super Bowl.

Did anyone mention that the Pats picked up Albert Hainsworth today?

I seethed at that one a few posts back :P

Bush to Miami is a move I like a lot. Now that I'm in Miami during football season, I was pretty much a season ticket holder last year and plan on it again this year, so I've become a pretty big fan, adding Busch and Orton without any serious subtractions (Ricky and Ronnie will be easily replaced) give that team some pretty solid stability. Orton to Marshall should be deadly, Dansby anchors one of the up and coming defenses in the NFL... there's a lot to like in the 305 right now.

Did they officially trade for Orton yet? I'm hoping they back off that deal and sign Vince Young now that he's cut :evil:

Reggie Bush is a special teams threat and a receiver out of the backfield, he won't be able to run between the tackles against teams like the Jets and Patriots

Brad Smith to Buffalo...where he will likely be misused

I seethed at that one a few posts back :P

Did they officially trade for Orton yet? I'm hoping they back off that deal and sign Vince Young now that he's cut :evil:

not quite yet, he's still practicing with Denver

It would be a definite upgrade over Henne...but Orton is not setting the world on fire or getting Miami over the hump. He's definitely not as mistake prone as Henne. Their upside is 8-8 or so.

Edited by '7'

This will not change as long as Dick LeBeau is calling the defense in Pittsburgh. From my perspective, Baltimore is in deep trouble. Heap is all Flacco had last year in the playoffs. Mason is old and slow and they lost/will lose Housmandzedah and Stallworth to free agency. Torrey Smith isn't ready to rise to elite status as a rookie as this lockout will hurt his progression. Pittsburgh's defense is better than Baltimore's defense. Yes, I'm biased, but both defenses are old but Pittsburgh does it better and is preparing to get younger. I think Baltimore has at least 3 more years of playoff disappointment until they can reach the Super Bowl.

No disrespect to LeBeau because he is an awesome coach, but we can beat LeBeau's defense when we need to.

It is the last minute nonsense that WE need to stop. The last three years we always seem to give the game away in the closing seconds to to Big Ben.

I agree we are in deep trouble unless we re-sign Heap and Mason. I agree with your assessment on Smith. But Flacco came to camp with a chip on his shoulder and I like the swagger he has this year. We need that.

As for Pittsburgh D vs our D. Maybe I have some bias, but I think we are better than Pittsburgh overall. Our corners and Ed Reed are all healthy for the first time in a few years, Kindle I hope is healthy enough to play this year.

I do agree with you that Pittsburgh is and always will be the standard bearer for preparing younger Defensive players.

In many ways, Baltimore is built after the Steeler Template. Tons, and Tons of respect for the Steelers organization....UNTIL GAME DAY.

No disrespect to LeBeau because he is an awesome coach, but we can beat LeBeau's defense when we need to.

It is the last minute nonsense that WE need to stop. The last three years we always seem to give the game away in the closing seconds to to Big Ben.

I agree we are in deep trouble unless we re-sign Heap and Mason. I agree with your assessment on Smith. But Flacco came to camp with a chip on his shoulder and I like the swagger he has this year. We need that.

As for Pittsburgh D vs our D. Maybe I have some bias, but I think we are better than Pittsburgh overall. Our corners and Ed Reed are all healthy for the first time in a few years, Kindle I hope is healthy enough to play this year.

I do agree with you that Pittsburgh is and always will be the standard bearer for preparing younger Defensive players.

In many ways, Baltimore is built after the Steeler Template. Tons, and Tons of respect for the Steelers organization....UNTIL GAME DAY.

Finally a Ravens fan with some common sense and respect, but I just don't see the Ravens defense being better than Pittsburgh's. I'd agree that the Ravens corners are better than Pittsburgh's corners. No disrespect to Ed Reed but Troy Polamalu and Ryan Clark are a deadly tandem from the safety positions. One can beat you at the point of attack and the other will knock you out in the 3rd line of defense. Pittsburgh's linebackers are better as a full unit. Farrior, Timmons, Harrison and Woodley. Ray Ray is top 2 in the league (With Patrick Willis) and Suggs is always a SOB against the Steelers. The I don't know if Kindle will be ready but he does have a great role model to learn from. The d-lines are pretty much a toss up with Kelly Gregg out in Balitmore. I was very high on Flacco when he came out of Delaware and was extremely disappointed that he went to Baltimore because I had to hate him. He's better than Ben, in my opinion and has the potential to rise to elite status. One thing that we can both agree on is, that on September 11, all this talk goes out the window and we have to bang heads for the division. Best of luck to your Ravens this season, but not too much luck.

I would like to point and laugh at all the people who pointed and laughed at the Texans taking Mario Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young today :lol:

what a NUTS day, this is more crazy then any NHL trade deadline!

I'm really bummed about the Ochocinco trade, he was one of my favorite players but now I have to hate him since he's on the Patriots.

As a Pat fan, I can't say I'm happy about this one. This guy is such a punk. But who knows, BB seems to get guys like Ocho to buy in (at least at first, like he did with Moss, before Moss turned back into Moss). This is so weird...I never would've expected Ochocinco to be a Patriot...

As a Pat fan, I can't say I'm happy about this one. This guy is such a punk. But who knows, BB seems to get guys like Ocho to buy in (at least at first, like he did with Moss, before Moss turned back into Moss). This is so weird...I never would've expected Ochocinco to be a Patriot...

Also a Patriots fan - and not shocked in the least. I just take it in stride now. Patriots will try to revive careers of whoever they feel like; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They just get lots of credit for the successes, while the ones that burn out (Marcus Stroud might be headed that way already) just get pushed under the rug.

Also a Patriots fan - and not shocked in the least. I just take it in stride now. Patriots will try to revive careers of whoever they feel like; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They just get lots of credit for the successes, while the ones that burn out (Marcus Stroud might be headed that way already) just get pushed under the rug.

This one shocked me. Ocho's 33 years old, things had gone sour with Moss...I didn't think BB would be so quick to deal with another potential headache so quickly. But there's something to be said for having a guy like Brady throwing to you...Palmer had some strong years for the Bengals, but now Ocho's going to get to play with one of the best.

Brady's got something to prove too (sounds crazy to say that about a guy with 3 SB rings, but I think HE feels that way)...he's become a bit like Manning, and the Pats a bit like the Colts...fat regular season numbers, playoff fizzles...three playoff losses in a row, one in a Super Bowl almost no one expected the Pats to lose, then two straight home playoff losses.

So the Bengals make this big stink about not rewarding guys who ask for trades then trade Ocho to the Pats?

So wait, let me digest this..

..the Patriots peddle a 33 year old Randy Moss (who had chemistry with Brady) for reasons of "change in attitude" towards the team.

And the next season.. they pick up a 33 year old replacement, with an even bigger chip on his shoulder.. 4 inches smaller.. ZERO chem on the team.. and I'm supposed to be afraid? :rolleyes:

Welcome to Revis`Island Mr. Johnson.

So wait, let me digest this..

..the Patriots peddle a 33 year old Randy Moss (who had chemistry with Brady) for reasons of "change in attitude" towards the team.

And the next season.. they pick up a 33 year old replacement, with an even bigger chip on his shoulder.. 4 inches smaller.. ZERO chem on the team.. and I'm supposed to be afraid? :rolleyes:

Welcome to Revis`Island Mr. Johnson.

You'd have to be a moron not to see that Moss had become a serious detriment to the Pats by the time he was dealt. He was hardly even trying at that point, and had become a complete no-factor. Whatever magic he had enjoyed during his Pat run had clearly run out.

Why does Ocho have a bigger chip on his shoulder than Moss? Because YOU say so? And so what if he's 4 inches smaller? That isn't the be-all, end-all way to measure receivers. And you also don't know if he has chemistry or not with Brady. No one will until they actually play together.

That being said, I readily admit I don't get bringing in Ocho at all. I don't like it, just like I didn't like Moss coming in. The Pats did get more out of Moss than I ever expected, so who knows. But I can't say I'm hopeful about Ocho.