2011 NFL Thread

MadDog2020

I enjoy Manta's views as much as the next guy, but do you ever lay off? Honestly, it's like you have a crush on the dude. Zoikes, scoob.

Also, the trade is great. Lee Evans is going to give Joe Flacco quite a target. I'm still confused by the Mason move, though. you don't have to be a Raven fan to see how much he meant to that recieving corps. Quietly one of the better recievers in the AFC over the past few years.

Oh please, Manta's a big boy - he invites this back and forth with CRASHER :lol: Plus, he does the same thing with Clown and the Bills, it's entertaining trash talk.

Funny how CRASHER gets on Rex for doing the same thing though...but I guess he can't this year now that his brother's coaching the D.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please, Manta's a big boy - he invites this back and forth with CRASHER :lol: Plus, he does the same thing with Clown and the Bills, it's entertaining trash talk.

Funny how CRASHER gets on Rex for doing the same thing though...but I guess he can't this year now that his brother's coaching the D.

Certainly makes FF a lot more entertaining.

I think Hines Ward is starting to wear thin with Pittsburgh's owners after the DUI. Plus he's 35 years old and slowing down.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did get rid of him but even if that happened Cotchery's STILL behind Wallace and Sanders at WR at best - and behind Miller in the pass catching pecking order as well. He really overestimated his value as it turned out (Braylon too for that matter), heck he would have had more of a chance to play here if Plax does wind up on the shelf.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Actually it's already started to piss me off....I'd also love it lots if he'd leave that alien living in his stomach at home....it's kinda gross to look at :P

(yes I mean ROB Ryan)

So no thoughts about Emperor Goodell pushing Vick to go to Philly? I'm starting to agree with the anti-player viewpoint on this guy, he just puts his hands on too many things. When has any commissioner ever influenced a player transaction aside from the occasional wink, wink lottery fix? That's not his perview.

Edited by NJDevs4978

So no thoughts about Emperor Goodell pushing Vick to go to Philly? I'm starting to agree with the anti-player viewpoint on this guy, he just puts his hands on too many things. When has any commissioner ever influenced a player transaction aside from the occasional wink, wink lottery fix? That's not his perview.

You know what, as much as I hate the Eagles and wish Vick was exiled in Buffalo, he did what was best for Vick. First of all, he didn't force him to Philly, ultimately it was his decision. Secondly, it's been strongly hinted that Tony Dungy had a large part in Vick's ultimate destination. But Philadelphia made sense for Vick in retrospect. A stable organization that doesn't have the locker room distractions that Cincy and Buffalo did (remember, this was during the TO era) where he could quietly become an acceptable member of society. It worked. I disagree with a lot of Goodell's moves, but to say that he "pushed" Vick to Philly is simplifying the scenario too much out of hate.

Tony Dungy is one thing, he's not affiliated with any team but he doesn't have to be impartial or have power he can arbitrarily use. It's not the commisioner's job to play Father Flanigan. And why would Vick listen to him if he didn't want to go to Philly (which he himself admitted then went back on later), was Goodell threatening him with suspension if he didn't? It wouldn't shock me if that's what happened given how much Goodell likes to control everything.

Fact is going to Philly puts him possibly vying for a shot at back-up and possibly looking from the outside in as a third stringer. Cincy puts him in sole position as back-up and Buffalo would have him jockeying for the top spot. Which of those choices is a money hungry talented athlete trying to prove himself coming out of jail going to pick? It didn't make sense from the get go that he would pick Philly on his own and that puts the whole situation in a shady spot...

With the issues I have with the "defenseless player" GARBAGE this league is spewing ....hello, you went on the field of your own free will, you go up over the middle KNOWING your getting hit, how "defenseless" are you, the fact you can't fart on the QB without getting 15 yards, the joke of moving the kickoffs back to the 35, the least of my worries is that worm Goodell telling players where to sign (but yes it's a joke, though like I told Clown, with Vick's inability to be accurate I'm not too sure on how well he WOULD have done in Buffalo anyway)

Just from looking at the Patriots' cuts today - I wouldn't be at all shocked if the New York Giants signed Jonathan Wilhite to help their injury-depleted defense. And cutting James Sanders is a bit surprise... someone will snap him up soon.

From other cuts around the league, Vernon Gholston gets the boot from the Bears.

Edited by insanity_gallops

So close, but still a week away. Not much prospect for the Seahawks this year. I think their draft was horrible and I hope Tarvaris Jackson is just a stop-gap to Andrew Luck. The west is so bad though that I don't think they will lose enough games to get the #1. I'm excited about going to the game in October at the Meadowlands against the Giants though.

I like the Jets too and I think its going to be same story for them this year. They'll get in as the East champ or the wild card and promptly lose the AFC Championship Game. However, if Sanchez steps it up, this could be their chance. I think the AFC on whole is not as dominant as its been in the last few years with all the usual suspects (New England, Pittsburgh, etc) showing chinks in their armor. I think they have a better shot than some too.

I'm also looking forward to seeing the Lions turn it around. I dont care really whether they win or lose, but it'd be nice to see them make some noise and knock out the Packers or something.

Super Bowl:

Falcons vs Jets