2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

If Sanchez gets off to a fast start, I think the Tebow talk will be minimal. If he plays, say, four or five terrific games from the start, that will buy him some currency with the fans if he has a rough game or two. But if he stinks up the joint in Week 1, and has a subpar Week 2, the WFAN is going to 90% be "Screw Sanchez's big contract, Tebow needs to get the ball, he'll give the Jets the best chance to win" calls. It's pretty much all on Sanchez to make everyone forget Tebow, or least put him in the back of their minds for a while. The big question will be can Sanchez handle it?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The craziness won't even wait till the regular season, it might start in the preseason too, especially since Tebow will be playing against backups and third-teamers, and they'll definitely want to show him off to appease the fanbase. His first two-TD game in the preseason and people are gonna be saying, hey he's good, why not play him over Sanchez? :rolleyes:

I can't get over the fact they cut into local programming to see Tebow's plane landing on CBS. And when does a backup QB 'ever' get an introductory press conference?

The craziness won't even wait till the regular season, it might start in the preseason too, especially since Tebow will be playing against backups and third-teamers, and they'll definitely want to show him off to appease the fanbase. His first two-TD game in the preseason and people are gonna be saying, hey he's good, why not play him over Sanchez? :rolleyes:

I can't get over the fact they cut into local programming to see Tebow's plane landing on CBS. And when does a backup QB 'ever' get an introductory press conference?

I remember watching the first Denver game of the season last year. A few receivers dropped perfectly fine Orton passes and the fans were chanting for Tebow. Sanchez will have ALOT of pressure on him.

The Jets can say whatever they want about Sanchez being the starter. The job might not be up for grabs in the preseason, but Sanchez will be on a very short leash in September.

I agree w/ this entirely.

What has Sanchez done in his 3 years as a starter to be on anything but a short leash? He's the definition of regression. He takes far more sacks than he should and his decision making/attitude has been questionable since day 1. I also don't get why people are making a big deal out of Sanchez's extension in correlation with this deal. He could be cut/traded/whatever at any time and not much of the contract is guaranteed. Sanchez needs some heat on him and if he sucks, I'm absolutely content with giving Tebow a shot as starter. Compare Sanchez to just about any QB that started more than 10 games last year and he was one of the worst. Tebow was bad as well passing stats, but his ability to move the ball on the ground is an unquestionable weapon, I cant name one thing that Sanchez possesses that could be considered a weapon. Sanchez doesn't deserve to be coddled. Eli, Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Roethlisberger, Newton, and Brady deserve consideration if a move like this is made. Mark fvcking Sanchez? Please.

Considering the Jets brought in Sparano, this deal is actually fairly brilliant football-wise considering the cost. Tebow is going to have packages for him, just like he did at his freshman year at UF and will be active in the offense. Tebow is not incapable of throwing the ball either which makes him a far more valuable commodity in the Wildcat than having McKnight under center in those packages which are far more easier to read as a run than a pass. At least Brad Smith was once a QB. Did anyone watch the Denver game against Pittsburgh in the playoffs? Tebow can throw the ball. You just dont want him to 30 times a game. The kid averages 5.4 yards per carry in his career and has shown to be durable and he can make plays. He's also a good citizen and you're unlikely to see him in sex scandals involving minors (though Id laugh my ass off it that happened w/ Tim).

And if it doesnt work? Big deal. I don't see the Jets winning a Super Bowl with Sanchez or Tebow, but if both are implemented correctly and the players buy into it, it could work very well and the Jets could be dangerous simply because of it. If this was a team that was truly on the cusp, then I would understand arguments against it, but this team is not that close and Sanchez is not a good QB right now. Its worth the risk considering the new coaches and personnel already in place. In fact, I'd argue that this is one of the BEST places for Tebow to have landed. Had he gone to Jacksonville, it'd have worked from a business perspective alone, the Jets dont need Tebow to sell tickets (the Jags do). The Jets can (and I think will) win games because of Tebow. If Sanchez doesn't like it? Play lights-out and no one will care about Tebow.

Im definitely taking a "homer" type of stance as I have deep ties to Gainesville, but the reasoning being given by the naysayers is silly espc when they've not even played a down yet nor have we seen what they're going to do with Tim. This could work out great and if it doesnt, ship one of the two out. This isn't a team thats close to winning the Super Bowl as it is, but the positives that the deal potentially presents are greater than the potential negatives. Low risk - high reward.

What has Sanchez done in his 3 years as a starter to be on anything but a short leash? He's the definition of regression. He takes far more sacks than he should and his decision making/attitude has been questionable since day 1. I also don't get why people are making a big deal out of Sanchez's extension in correlation with this deal. He could be cut/traded/whatever at any time and not much of the contract is guaranteed. Sanchez needs some heat on him and if he sucks, I'm absolutely content with giving Tebow a shot as starter. Compare Sanchez to just about any QB that started more than 10 games last year and he was one of the worst. Tebow was bad as well passing stats, but his ability to move the ball on the ground is an unquestionable weapon, I cant name one thing that Sanchez possesses that could be considered a weapon. Sanchez doesn't deserve to be coddled. Eli, Brees, Rodgers, Peyton, Roethlisberger, Newton, and Brady deserve consideration if a move like this is made. Mark fvcking Sanchez? Please.

Considering the Jets brought in Sparano, this deal is actually fairly brilliant football-wise considering the cost. Tebow is going to have packages for him, just like he did at his freshman year at UF and will be active in the offense. Tebow is not incapable of throwing the ball either which makes him a far more valuable commodity in the Wildcat than having McKnight under center in those packages which are far more easier to read as a run than a pass. At least Brad Smith was once a QB. Did anyone watch the Denver game against Pittsburgh in the playoffs? Tebow can throw the ball. You just dont want him to 30 times a game. The kid averages 5.4 yards per carry in his career and has shown to be durable and he can make plays. He's also a good citizen and you're unlikely to see him in sex scandals involving minors (though Id laugh my ass off it that happened w/Tim).

And if it doesnt work? Big deal. I don't see the Jets winning a Super Bowl with Sanchez or Tebow, but if both are implemented correctly and the players buy into it, it could work very well and the Jets could be dangerous simply because of it. If this was a team that was truly on the cusp, then I would understand arguments against it, but this team is not that close and Sanchez is not a good QB right now. Its worth the risk considering the new coaches and personnel already in place. In fact, I'd argue that this is one of the BEST places for Tebow to have landed. Had he gone to Jacksonville, it'd have worked from a business perspective alone, the Jets dont need Tebow to sell tickets (the Jags do). The Jets can (and I think will) win games because of Tebow. If Sanchez doesn't like it? Play lights-out and no one will care about Tebow.

Im definitely taking a "homer" type of stance as I have deep ties to Gainesville, but the reasoning being given by the naysayers is silly espc when they've not even played a down yet nor have we seen what they're going to do with Tim. This could work out great and if it doesnt, ship one of the two out. This isn't a team thats close to winning the Super Bowl as it is, but the positives that the deal potentially presents are greater than the potential negatives. Low risk - high reward.

Excellent points ghdi. I agree with you on pretty much everything, except your stance on Sanchez. He is not the definition of regression. He had a career year this season in every category except wins. And sadly.. in the NFL, that's the only stat that matters. The learning curve for a young quarterback is variable. (go look at Eli Manning after year 3)

If you put yourself in Mark's shoes, you'd see he's been baptised under fire. When you're a QB in this league, consistency is paramount.. and he's never even had a taste of that in 3 years.

In his first 2 years, his backfield was Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Danny Woodhead, Shonn Greene, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Joey McKnight. Through 2010 into 2011, his WR's were: Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jericho Cotchery, Derrick Mason, David Clowney, Laveranues Coles, Brad Smith, Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Kerley, and Patrick Turner. He's watched his offensive line (arguably the best in the league) slowly come undone. He started his career the season after Brett Favre's.. had to go through the cat & mouse this offseason with Peyton Manning.. and now finally learn to co-exist with Tim Tebow. :unsure:

This is why when people want to harp on "Sanchez being coddled by the Jets" I literally laugh out loud.

For Sanchez, this season could go 1 of 2 ways. Either he completely cracks under the 4 years of turmoil, and has a meltdown right before our eyes.. or he becomes battle-tested from all the craziness. Hardens into a man with ice in his veins. Only time will tell.

----------------------

EDIT: I will say this regarding the Tebow talk. The people that have been against this trade provide nothing but hypothetical scenarios. Hypothetical scenarios that are all worst case for the Jets I might add. :blahblah: "What if Sanchez struggles?" -- "What happens when the Jets lose 3 in-a-row?" -- "How will the Jets react when the fans want Tebow?" -- "It doesn't make any sense!" -- "This will divide the locker-room?" -- "Sanchez will crack under the pressure." ..how do we know any of this exactly? :noclue:

If we're playing the hypothetics game, why not look at it the other way? (glass half full) What if it works? What if the team does well? What if it's the best wildcat we've ever seen? What if the Jets plan to deploy Tebow actually makes sense? What if the Jets jump off to a 3-0.. 4-1.. 6-2 type start to their season? --which given the light schedule; (Seattle.. Tennessee.. St. Louis.. Indy.. Jacksonville.. Arizona.. Bills x2.. Miami x2) is extremely feasible.

Does anyone actually think fans will be calling for Sanchez's head, or talking about a QB controversy, if the Jets perform well this year?

Just do me a favor.. STAND BY YOUR POSITION! Don't bother trying to back-peddle if the College Boys experiment works.

Edited by Beezer34

Excellent points ghdi. I agree with you on pretty much everything, except your stance on Sanchez. He is not the definition of regression. He had a career year this season in every category except wins. And sadly.. in the NFL, that's the only stat that matters. The learning curve for a young quarterback is variable. (go look at Eli Manning after year 3)

If you put yourself in Mark's shoes, you'd see he's been baptised under fire. When you're a QB in this league, consistency is paramount.. and he's never even had a taste of that in 3 years.

The problem I find with a lot of your posts is that you have a way of telling only part of the story. Yeah, last year Sanchez, from a statistical standpoint, had his best season. But the more important question is, was he GOOD? I think the best thing that can be said about his play is that he was inconsistent. The last six weeks of the season tell the story: 7 TD and 1 INT in the first three weeks of that stretch (Jets win all three games), 5 TD and 7 INT in the last three weeks (Jets lose all three). And though Sanchez's numbers have a way of not seeming "that bad" at quick glance, last year was the year of the QB...numbers were bloated last season in a big way...which makes Sanchez's already pedestrian numbers (23rd in QB rating) seem that much weaker. Not 100% his fault, but he contributed his fair share of gaffes.

All first-year QBs who become the starter in their rookie year are "baptized under fire" for sure, but Sanchez's progress in his three seasons has been meh at best.

In his first 2 years, his backfield was Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Danny Woodhead, Shonn Greene, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Joey McKnight. Through 2010 into 2011, his WR's were: Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Jericho Cotchery, Derrick Mason, David Clowney, Laveranues Coles, Brad Smith, Plaxico Burress, Jeremy Kerley, and Patrick Turner. He's watched his offensive line (arguably the best in the league) slowly come undone. He started his career the season after Brett Favre's.. had to go through the cat & mouse this offseason with Peyton Manning.. and now finally learn to co-exist with Tim Tebow. :unsure:

This is why when people want to harp on "Sanchez being coddled by the Jets" I literally laugh out loud.

For Sanchez, this season could go 1 of 2 ways. Either he completely cracks under the 4 years of turmoil, and has a meltdown right before our eyes.. or he becomes battle-tested from all the craziness. Hardens into a man with ice in his veins. Only time will tell.

This is the NFL. With caps and free agency, you're going to get your fair share of player turnover. Good QBs find ways to make do with what they have. When people say "Sanchez being coddled", I think they refer to Sanchez being protected on the field by conservative play-calling, to try to minimize his mistakes. Those days are probably over, in that the Jets' new O-plan seem to be built around taking the reins off him. It's Year 4...might as well. But this part of your post says it all: why even bother putting him through more potential turmoil? Why not simply get a servicable backup who isn't a circus sideshow? Does Sanchez need any more on his plate than he already has to deal with?

----------------------

EDIT: I will say this regarding the Tebow talk. The people that have been against this trade provide nothing but hypothetical scenarios. Hypothetical scenarios that are all worst case for the Jets I might add. :blahblah: "What if Sanchez struggles?" -- "What happens when the Jets lose 3 in-a-row?" -- "How will the Jets react when the fans want Tebow?" -- "It doesn't make any sense!" -- "This will divide the locker-room?" -- "Sanchez will crack under the pressure." ..how do we know any of this exactly? :noclue:

If we're playing the hypothetics game, why not look at it the other way? (glass half full) What if it works? What if the team does well? What if it's the best wildcat we've ever seen? What if the Jets plan to deploy Tebow actually makes sense? What if the Jets jump off to a 3-0.. 4-1.. 6-2 type start to their season? --which given the light schedule; (Seattle.. Tennessee.. St. Louis.. Indy.. Jacksonville.. Arizona.. Bills x2.. Miami x2) is extremely feasible.

Does anyone actually think fans will be calling for Sanchez's head, or talking about a QB controversy, if the Jets perform well this year?

Just do me a favor.. STAND BY YOUR POSITION! Don't bother trying to back-peddle if the College Boys experiment works.

Your observations are based on hypotheticals too...but as a Mets fan, I can tell you that the "What if everything works out perfectly?" scenario is what dooms that franchise season after season after season. Building a team on "What ifs?" and hoping for the best is a rocky road to drive down. Could everything work the way you say it could? I can't rule that out entirely. But that potential prize comes with so many risks and distractions...and things seem so fragile in Jetland to begin with...it just feels like the wrong move at the wrong time.

But I definitely won't back-pedal one bit if your scenario comes to fruition. If it works, it works, and a lot of people will be sharing one hell of a serving of crow for sure.

What if the Jets plan to deploy Tebow actually makes sense? What if the Jets jump off to a 3-0.. 4-1.. 6-2 type start to their season? --which given the light schedule; (Seattle.. Tennessee.. St. Louis.. Indy.. Jacksonville.. Arizona.. Bills x2.. Miami x2) is extremely feasible.

This is the only point I'm not sure on. I think it's WAY too early to say much about this being a light schedule, since it's very hard to tell what we're going to get from some of these teams...yes, Miami is trending downward and that will help the cause. But Buffalo is trending upward, as are Seattle and St. Louis. And we literally have NO idea what to expect from Indianapolis at this point other than a rookie quarterback. Plus there's the home/road splits, which as best as I can tell from a quick Google search has some tough road games (SEA, STL, PIT, TEN). What I will say is that you did get a good draw getting San Fran and Houston in your building this year, even if SF is the type of team that travels well. A lot will depend on how the weeks line up. Opening the season with, say, NE, @PIT, @BUF, MIA, @SEA, @STL, IND, SF could be brutal.

If the Jets adequately address the team's other big needs, then I don't have a problem with this move. If, however, they use it to cover up their inability to reload the defense, make the offensive line legitimate again, and upgrade WR/RB, and instead just deflect the blame to the QBs, that will be infuriating.

People talk about it being a circus, but because of our coach, the Jets are already a circus. Whether that's viewed positively or not simply depends on wins and losses.

If only Hard Knocks was in New York this year...

As if the New York Jets simply trading for Tim Tebow wasn't enough to keep Sanchez strung out, the New York Daily News is reporting that Tebow believes he can beat out Sanchez for the starting quarterback job.

Per a story in Friday's edition of the newspaper: "A major factor in Tebow’s push to come to New York over Jacksonville, his hometown, is that he sees a clear path to resuming his career as a starter, sources tell the Daily News."

I agree w/ this entirely.

Considering the Jets brought in Sparano, this deal is actually fairly brilliant football-wise considering the cost. Tebow is going to have packages for him, just like he did at his freshman year at UF and will be active in the offense. Tebow is not incapable of throwing the ball either which makes him a far more valuable commodity in the Wildcat than having McKnight under center in those packages which are far more easier to read as a run than a pass. At least Brad Smith was once a QB. Did anyone watch the Denver game against Pittsburgh in the playoffs? Tebow can throw the ball. You just dont want him to 30 times a game. The kid averages 5.4 yards per carry in his career and has shown to be durable and he can make plays. He's also a good citizen and you're unlikely to see him in sex scandals involving minors (though Id laugh my ass off it that happened w/ Tim).

I'm a Phins fan, so by all means, give the starting job to Tebow. Not that Sanchez is any great shakes at the moment, but what exactly has Tebow done. He eked out wins in very low scoring games and a few of which were clearly on the other team (the Bears game for one, where Barber only had to stay in bounds). He won one playoff game against a so-so Steeler team that had a hobbled QB. His completion percentage was under 50 percent. If any other QB who had a different name put up those numbers, he'd probably be on the practice squad. Sanchez won four road playoff games in his first two years. Sure he regressed this year, but so did QBs like Brees (why do you think the Chargers drafted Phillip Rivers) and Eli.

If Tebow ends up starting for the Jets, I might have to take back what I said about the Dolphins being the worst team in the league.

The Browns and Colts should be worse than the Dolphins. It remains to be seen how/what the Jets become w/ Tebow. Who cares how he won? The fact is Tebow was the QB. Tebow was the one who was leading drives. The 95 yard drive against the Jets? 300+ passing against the Steelers and won it in OT. The dude has won at every level of football that hes played. The Jets offensive line is also better than the Broncos. If Sanchez plays like ass, then Tebow should get the chance to be the starter and he'll beat the Dolphins at least. He's already done it once.

Im a Seahawks fan anyway. The Jets are my 2nd/local team, and Ill be rooting for the Hawks when they play the Jets.

The Browns and Colts should be worse than the Dolphins. It remains to be seen how/what the Jets become w/ Tebow. Who cares how he won? The fact is Tebow was the QB. Tebow was the one who was leading drives. The 95 yard drive against the Jets? 300+ passing against the Steelers and won it in OT. The dude has won at every level of football that hes played. The Jets offensive line is also better than the Broncos. If Sanchez plays like ass, then Tebow should get the chance to be the starter and he'll beat the Dolphins at least. He's already done it once.

Im a Seahawks fan anyway. The Jets are my 2nd/local team, and Ill be rooting for the Hawks when they play the Jets.

The Jets o-line better than Denver's? The Jets basically were playing without a right tackle. Broncos have maybe the second or third best left tackle in the league after Jake Long and Joe Thomas in Ryan Clady.

And it certainly matters how the Broncos won. Last time I checked, the QB has ten other people on the field with him, and eleven other guys on the field when he's on the sidelines. By that logic, you would be saying that Brad Johnson is a better QB than Dan Marino because Brad Johnson won when it counted. Or would you not trade Tebow for Cam Newton straight up? Tebow had a better win-loss record than Newton, but apparently it doesn't matter how Tebow won.

And by the way, when Tebow had to play a good team in the playoffs, the Broncos were absolutely embarrassed. On the other hand, the Jets with Sanchez beat the Pats in the playoffs, a Pats team that had a much better defense than it did this past year. Sanchez has a much better record of winning than Tebow.

Edited by Daniel

The Jets o-line better than Denver's? The Jets basically were playing without a right tackle. Broncos have maybe the second or third best left tackle in the league after Jake Long and Joe Thomas in Ryan Clady.

And it certainly matters how the Broncos won. Last time I checked, the QB has ten other people on the field with him, and eleven other guys on the field when he's on the sidelines. By that logic, you would be saying that Brad Johnson is a better QB than Dan Marino because Brad Johnson won when it counted. Or would you not trade Tebow for Cam Newton straight up? Tebow had a better win-loss record than Newton, but apparently it doesn't matter how Tebow won.

And by the way, when Tebow had to play a good team in the playoffs, the Broncos were absolutely embarrassed. On the other hand, the Jets with Sanchez beat the Pats in the playoffs, a Pats team that had a much better defense than it did this past year. Sanchez has a much better record of winning than Tebow.

Klady is great, but a healthy Mangold and D'Brickashaw are likely HOF's and Brandon Moore is one of the best guards in the league. Last year they had injuries, they're going to be healthy when Tebow is there which is why I mentioned the OL in the first place. When healthy, the Jets offensive line is better than the Broncos, better? The Broncos also gave up more sacks last year than the Jets did, even with the Jets injuries. Your beloved Phins tied for the most sacks allowed. You need more than one good lineman, but I agree that Thomas/Klady/Long are the cream of the crop at LT.

Last time I checked, the QB was the most important position on the field, especially late in games and the offense is on the field. Yes, the Broncos defense kept them in games, but who was the one leading the team at the end of games? Minnesota, San Diego, Pittsburgh in the playoffs, the Dolphins, all were won because of plays he made or helped set up. Hell, those teams weren't great by any stretch, but who was Sanchez putting up wins against last season? Nobody. Sanchez's wins last year were against teams that didn't make the playoffs. All 8 wins, not one win vs a playoff team.

Your comparison w/ Brad Johnson/Marino etc. is borderline ridiculous. Nowhere did I state Tebow was an elite QB or even come close to implying it. Newton is a better football player than Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez. Newton also isn't available. Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl and fit the team he was playing for and managed the game well, as did Trent Dilfer, as does Tim Tebow. It reads like you're saying Mark Sanchez is Dan Marino to Tebow's Brad Johnson, which is hilarious. That said, I'll take a championship over stats and I bet Marino would too and Boomer and Kelly and Cunningham and etc. Tebow's not being brought in to start, but he's proven he can win games through his abilty and as Ive said 595 times, he deserves to start if Sanchez sucks. He's not elite. You bring up the New England loss, how'd that Denver D do? Brady ripped apart the Broncos throwing for 6 TDs and the Pats stopped them on defense

Sanchez has a much better record of winning than Tebow.

Tebow has started 16 games over his two seasons. 3 games in 2010 and 13 this year. 9-7 record over his first 16 starts.

In Sanchez's first 16 starts he was, 9-7, but he also played 2 more games (10-8) that season and won 1, however one of those wins was a week 17 laugher against the Bengals that no one played the entirety of, so throw that out and its 9-8. The most current version of Sanchez was 8-8 last year and the most current Tebow was 8-5. But considering the Jets OL injuries and the fact that Denver made the playoffs and had the best rushing game in the league, give Denver the better team last year. The winning through the same amount of games started are virtually identical. I also would say that the AFC East is a better division than the AFC West. Sanchez 3-3, Tebow 3-1, in 2011. Its also worth noting that Sanchez had the #1 defense behind him his rookie year, the 5th best defense last year. Tebow? Broncos 20th ranked defense in 2011.

Tim Tebow can help a team win games and can take a team on his back in the final minutes and not choke. Tebow also isnt going to turn the ball over as much as Sanchez has. Sanchez had 24 turnovers (including fumbles lost) in his 16 starts last year to Tebow's 15 total in 23 games appeared in two years. Sanchez did definitely improve his TD:INT ratio though, rather big time as well and behind a healthy OL, it should go up. He has Tim beat there by a large margin which doesnt surprise anyone and is the main reason he should be the starter.

I am not advocating for Tebow to start now at all, but if Sanchez sucks Tebow deserves the shot to take over and if its not good enough, stick with Sanchez. I can also see this having a Rivers effect on Sanchez with him in the Brees role. Anyone sh!tting on this trade is foolish. Its a low-risk/high reward situation. Tebow's also been a complimentary/situational QB before and helped win a national championship in that role. Tebow's not a rock the boat guy and IMO Sanchez needs pressure internally. He's going to get it from the fans/media without fail and cannot be coddled anymore.

Edited by ghdi

Oh Drew Stanton was traded to the Colts. Good on the Jets for doing that quickly.

The return is a 6th round pick + they gave the Colts the 7th they got in the Tebow trade.

..that's good. The Jets had lost their 6th to the Broncos in the trade. Now by getting it back, Tim Tebow only cost the Jets a 4th, and I'm fine with that.

I'm a Phins fan, so by all means, give the starting job to Tebow. Not that Sanchez is any great shakes at the moment, but what exactly has Tebow done.

Tebow has the better QB Rating, Sanchez has the better Comp%. Tebow has more career rushing yards, Sanchez has more career throwing yards.

They're 2 completely different quarterbacks, and THAT's why I think it could work.

In the end, it's all going to come down to how the Jets perform. Alot of the "toxic" & "turmoil" that went on this year with the Jets was more to do with not having a winning year. A team that was used to playing 19 games a season, now having their year end in December instead of January. They weren't used to that. They weren't used to not making the playoffs. They weren't used to not playing in a Championship game.

If the Jets finish the year 11-5 and do it by Tebow taking the majority of the snaps, I doubt Sanchez would care. Likewise, if they do it with Tebow hardly playing, I doubt he would care either. Players want to win.. period. By any means necessary. David Carr's a Superbowl Champion. You think he'd trade in that ring to be a starter somewhere? :huh:

----------------------

Apologies, I didnt notice this before Daniel's post as I was on a train and my laptop screen is dim.

Seattle is going to beat the Jets next year and feel free to mark this post. Im also saying this as a fan, but the proof is in the players. Smart, tough young defense (will have the best secondary in the league before long if not already), terrific running back, and Matt Flynn fits the system like a glove, Sidney Rice, Baldwin, and Mike Williams is a solid receiving corps as well. If he can pick up the offense, the Seahawks can make the playoffs. Pete Carroll is the west coast version of Rex. I think the 49ers are the team to beat in the NFC, but the Seahawks can most definitely challenge for a wild card berth. If the Hawks were coming to Met Life, I'd think differently. Seahawks Stadium is no joke. Hell, the Seahawks took it to the Giants in Met Life this past season. In fact, I think we're going to see the NFC West emerge as a better division than the AFC South as the Rams will be improved as well (not playoffs, but 7-9 type of team), but I think the Cardinals take a step back. The Bills are also going to better. Its not going to be that easy for the Jets. And just for laughs, the Seahawks have some pretty good luck with former Packers named Matt.

I agree with your points though. Its no question that the fall off of the Jets' running game impacted them this past season, but I also think that goes to the line injuries and the onus falls to the QB to make up the slack. Sanchez had his moments and his ratio improved, but he just makes some really stupid decisions at times. It will be interesting to see how they come out of the gates. I've just never bought into Sanchez. I didn't buy into him at USC, and I dont buy him as a pro. I believe his early success was almost entirely in spite of him and every time he does something seemingly good, he follows it up with stupidity. The Raiders pick. The fumble on the first play of the Ravens game, followed up by a pick 6 when down by 10 in the 3rd, the Denver pick that allowed them to tie it at 10, and that ridiculously sh!tty 3 game stretch that ended the season.

I dont agree with some of the silly stuff (IMO) that you mention. Sanchez knows this is a business. He also knows that Peyton Manning is one of the best QBs ever and if healthy, is top 3 in the league without blinking. Sanchez's "feelings" are the least of my concerns in that regard. If you get the chance and the interest is there to sign Peyton Manning (healthy), you do it unless you have Rodgers, Eli, Brees, Brady, Big Ben, or Newton. Anyone else, too bad. Deal with it. Get over it. It didnt happen and you got an extension.

I've been watching Tim Tebow since he was a senior in HS. He's the only recruit I ever have paid attention to where he was going to college and cheered when he said UF. The kid is 100% legit in every respect and Im thrilled he's playing where I live now espc since I only got back down south twice while he was in college. Sure, he's unorthodox, but some guys have a special ability to overcome that. I dont agree with his politics or religious baloney, but the guy is genuine. He's going to be great in this locker room (a locker room that needs it) and the team is going to enjoy playing with him. Its the same everywhere he's gone. I have no doubts that Tebow's impact on the field will be positive.

Lastly, in regards to Sanchez, I agree with Rockies on this. Its his 4th season. Its time to take off the training wheels and quit messing around with minor girls. Quit making stupid plays and Tebow won't even see the field. The two prong QB can work if they buy into it. I think Sparano is the only guy that could make this work. The Jets are going to be fun to watch I feel.

im actuallystarting to think this has a shot at working. if sanchez n tebow can both check there egos at the door, the jets may be on to somethin

..that's good. The Jets had lost their 6th to the Broncos in the trade. Now by getting it back, Tim Tebow only cost the Jets a 4th, and I'm fine with that.

Tebow has the better QB Rating, Sanchez has the better Comp%. Tebow has more career rushing yards, Sanchez has more career throwing yards.

They're 2 completely different quarterbacks, and THAT's why I think it could work.

In the end, it's all going to come down to how the Jets perform. Alot of the "toxic" & "turmoil" that went on this year with the Jets was more to do with not having a winning year. A team that was used to playing 19 games a season, now having their year end in December instead of January. They weren't used to that. They weren't used to not making the playoffs. They weren't used to not playing in a Championship game.

If the Jets finish the year 11-5 and do it by Tebow taking the majority of the snaps, I doubt Sanchez would care. Likewise, if they do it with Tebow hardly playing, I doubt he would care either. Players want to win.. period. By any means necessary. David Carr's a Superbowl Champion. You think he'd trade in that ring to be a starter somewhere? :huh:

You seriously believe that if the Jets "finish the year 11-5 and do it by Tebow taking the majority of the snaps, I doubt Sanchez would care."?!?!? Sanchez believes he is THE man. If he ever became the backup to Jesus Tebow he would want outta town for sure; even if the team enjoyed success with him at the helm.

im actuallystarting to think this has a shot at working. if sanchez n tebow can both check there egos at the door, the jets may be on to somethin

..you're going to have ego play a small part here, based on what Tebow\Sanchez have both accomplished early in their careers, by the age of 24. You're talking about 2 guys that have 100 TD's combined, and 40 victories. (including 5 playoff wins against Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning, Rivers, & Palmer) They know what it's like to win, it's not unfamiliar territory to them. They know what it's like to be a starting quarterback in the NFL.

The two x-factor's in this are #1: Winning.. which cures everything! ..and #2: Ryan! Rex can (and will) do what Fox couldn't... stand up to the TT supporters, defiantly insist; "fvck that, I'm gonna play the best QB on the roster" ..and that's Mark Sanchez.

What Tebow will bring on the field is utter delirium to opposing defensive coordinators. I don't care what anyone says, the Jets are going to be a tough team to play next season. Tebow is a player who FINALLY gives the Jets the ability to get Greene outside, and\or whoever else they elect to throw back there. (I'm not so sure that right now Tim Tebow isn't the best RB on the roster!)

Off the field, Tebow will bring his media psychosis. However.. he'll also bring levity to that locker-room. Tebow has a unifying personality. He will help mend fences with the club.

-----------------

EDIT: As for your comment.. I'm also warming up to this move possibly being genius.

Edited by Beezer34

Beezer, it's wonderful the way you spin it! We as Jets fans can only hope it goes that smoothly, but I'm afraid this is going to be MESSY. I just hope Tebow's presence can bring out the best in Sanchez.

..no spinning, I'm just trying to take a different approach then point & laugh. Why should I look at this signing and sh!t on it, without ever giving it a chance on the field? Saying that this move made no sense is the easy thing to do.. which is why everyone is doing it. I don't want to dwell on that. I want to focus on why upper management made the trade, and finding sense in that alone.

When I hear Mike Francesa say this trade was made because of $$$.. I believe him. However, I also believe Rex Ryan when he says this trade was made to make the Jets a more difficult team to plan\play defense against. I have repeatedly touched on the risk-reward aspect of this Jerry. If this doesn't work, we're looking at a 6-10 season. That being said, if it works.. I think the Jets could have an 11-5, 12-4 type year. This trade overshadows the bigger move that was made this month.. LaRon Landry. The Jets defense was ranked 5th in 2011, with absolutely NO ONE playing safety. (especially when Jimmy went down for the season) If they resign Leonhard and draft a SS or FS, in conjuction with the Landry signing AND the standard schedule for 2012.. why shouldn't I feel good about the coming season?

EDIT: Remember this Jerry.. this past season came down to 2 follies. The Cruz 99 yard TD, and the Tebow drive in Denver. Had those never happened, we win both those games. With that said, the difference between an 8-8 Jets team missing the playoffs, and a 10-6 Jets team making the playoffs is preeminent.

Edited by Beezer34

The problem is people who think Sanchez needs to man up and withstand Tebowmania are underestimating just how big Tebowmania is. No backup in the history of the NFL gets 250 credentialed reporters at their introductory press conference, hell no backup I can remember ever got a press conference.

Either the Jets are underestimating just how divisive this can be, or they don't care because they eventually want Tebow to play.