GDT: Colorado @ New Jersey - 3/15/2012

NJCroMag

nice move kovy give a kid fan his stick

Does it every game. Usually gets a nonused stick off the rack but I think tonight he actually gave the kid his used stick. Classy none the less even though it doesnt cost much on his end.

6-2-1 in what many were projecting to be a tough month (me included). Hard to believe that 9 of the 17 games scheduled for the month have already been played.

I was hoping for 20 points for the month...they only need seven more over the next eight games to reach that. Not bad at all.

In one of the wildest things ever, Marty Brodeur's GAA is now better than Tim Thomas' (currently 2.36 to 2.40). That seemed pretty much impossible two months ago when Brodeur was close to 3 and Thomas was at 1.7. Shows how well Brodeur has played and how poorly Thomas has been.

Brodeur's GAA is now better than Pekka Rinne's too.

Edited by devilsrule33

In one of the wildest things ever, Marty Brodeur's GAA is now better than Tim Thomas' (currently 2.36 to 2.40). That seemed pretty much impossible two months ago when Brodeur was close to 3 and Thomas was at 1.7. Shows how well Brodeur has played and how poorly Thomas has been.

His save% is also up to .908...he has a shot to reach his career .913 mark...I remember when it was .883 on the season. I'm so happy for him, in that he's finishing up so strongly. I never wanted to see him leaving the game in embarrassment...he'll probably finish the season with 30-33 wins. Considering where he and the Devils were after the first third of the season or so, that's beyond terrific.

That...is a crazy statistic. Wow. Good for Marty

Lol right after he scored I knew this post was coming

When a guy's had success in the shootout, you can't bail on him after a few NGs...Zach's simply been too good in them in the past. He's now 7-for-14 this season (50%) and 28-for-61 lifetime (45.9%).

And the Devils' freakish prowess in this thing continues..they're now 42.1% lifetime shooters in shootouts. The next closest franchise is Colorado, at 37.8%. It really is scary how much better the Devils continue to be in these than everyone else. They're now 53-28 in them all-time.

When a guy's had success in the shootout, you can't bail on him after a few NGs...Zach's simply been too good in them in the past. He's now 7-for-14 this season (50%) and 28-for-61 lifetime (45.9%).

And the Devils' freakish prowess in this thing continues..they're now 42.1% lifetime shooters in shootouts. The next closest franchise is Colorado, at 37.8%. It really is scary how much better the Devils continue to be in these than everyone else. They're now 53-28 in them all-time.

I still don't get how that it but I am not complaining. Too bad the shootouts end in the playoffs.

I am glad I was wrong about parise though lol

Bruins are 12-16-1 in their last 29 GP...I knew they'd been struggling, but that is BAD. And that's not a small sample either.