Now Official:: Zubes resigns, 3 years $9.3 mil

MadDog2020

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 21m

Zubrus said his only real concern about possible team ownership transition was whether Lou Lamoriello would be remaining in current role.

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 20m

Zubrus on Lamoriello: "I told him that I came here last time because he’s here and I want to stay here because he’s here ..."

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 20m

Zubrus on Lamoriello cont: "...and if that’s not the case I might be looking elsewhere."

The respect Lou has from some players is incredible.

Interesting that with Elias likely signing at what we can guestimate is $6,000,000 per year, the Devils will be at $56 million in actual salary. I think it's a foregone conclusion that Clarkson is a goner unless the market somehow drops out entirely on him, which is pretty unlikely. It's also pretty clear that we shouldn't get our hopes up about any other free agents of any note, including Briere. That is unless Tallinder is dealt.

Well Lou got everyone's hopes up last night when he stated scoring would be addressed through free agency. So if we wind up disappointed, Lou can't say he didn't try at least. Or Patty's taking a pay cut, that's possible I guess. Edited by MadDog2020

Well Lou got everyone's hopes up last night when he stated scoring would be addressed through free agency. So if we wind up disappointed, Lou can't say he didn't try at least. Or Patty's taking a pay cut, that's possible I guess.

I know TG quoted this on Twitter, but the actual quote Lou said was when asked about a team need for more offense:  Well, we have to look into free agency, there’s no question and get our players signed simultaneously. But we’ll do whatever we can to make us better.”  

The radio silence from Briere versus the cavalcade of suitors for Lecavalier seems telling..

3 years is ugly!!  Zubes has been a great player, but he is OLD!

hes getting up there but he isnt that old.. 35? obviously his last contract with us ... just concerned about him staying healthy thats all, dont think his play has noticeably dropped off much?

I know TG quoted this on Twitter, but the actual quote Lou said was when asked about a team need for more offense: Well, we have to look into free agency, there’s no question and get our players signed simultaneously. But we’ll do whatever we can to make us better.”

The radio silence from Briere versus the cavalcade of suitors for Lecavalier seems telling..

Are you suggesting that we have been talking to Briere? I'm pretty sure his agent said he would have his "short list" by tomorrow (Tuesday)

EDIT: and on topic with Zubie, the guy does all the little things right. Sure he doesn't produce points like a top 6 guy but he's one of those guys every winning team needs on their roster. Very happy to have the mix master back.

Edited by njd3b1ink

hes getting up there but he isnt that old.. 35? obviously his last contract with us ... just concerned about him staying healthy thats all, dont think his play has noticeably dropped off much?

On the contrary, before last season (because of the injury, we didn't see that much), I've seen him trending upward. I think he's looked noticeably better on a yearly basis. He's looked quicker on the rush and stronger on the puck than I remember him being 3-4 years ago.

Glad he is staying and for a reasonable price, as others have mentioned we missed his ridiculous play along the boards when he was hurt.

Which is a reason im worried about clarkson leaving, no one could get and keep control of the puck like him behind the net... Of course he was not making anything smart with it most of the time lol but as long the puck is behind the net of the opposing team.. Hes not in our net u know...

Which is a reason im worried about clarkson leaving, no one could get and keep control of the puck like him behind the net... Of course he was not making anything smart with it most of the time lol but as long the puck is behind the net of the opposing team.. Hes not in our net u know...

his passing off the deep cycle improved drasticly under deboer. he keeps his head up now and feeds the point. horrible at taking the blue line pass on the breakout, and a theatrical flopper, lol, but I will miss his heart and big goals. hope he does well