Kevin Clark

devlman

I actually had the honor of meeting Kevin during some team event (I think it was the beginning of the season meet and greet.) Nice guy, gave me some advice for sports broadcasting as well. Personally I don't think Kevin is that awful. Besides I'm pretty sure he's forced to say all of that. To look at his perspective (and this is coming from someone who has experience in communications) - He is trying his hardest to make the atmosphere as exciting as possible. Personally I feel he does his job decently. I don't really blame the P.A. guy for a team whose play that night brings don't the atmosphere.

is this thread real. Devils Marketing has been TERRIFIC. i could write a book on it these past years. they have revolutionized the industry with the generals and then some. Yes last night was annoying but crowd was fantastic pregame and yeah..for some reason we always get quite disappointed in the performance of the team

fixed for the truth. they've done some innovative things (like rounding up people to be lower-tier interns, to push the team to new/social media, with no chance of ever getting a paid job w/ the team), but I would hardly consider the non-hockey side of the team "terrific".

is this thread real. Devils Marketing has been TERRIFIC. i could write a book on it these past years. they have revolutionized the industry with the generals and then some. Yes last night was annoying but crowd was fantastic pregame and yeah..for some reason we always get quite.

Sarcasm?

is this thread real. Devils Marketing has been TERRIFIC. i could write a book on it these past years. they have revolutionized the industry with the generals and then some. Yes last night was annoying but crowd was fantastic pregame and yeah..for some reason we always get quite.

Sarcasm?

Just checking because your statement about them revolutionizing sports is a bit of a stretch and sounded like something coming directly from the devils PR department.

I'm not saying they revolutionized anything, but their extensive and interactive use of social media has been hailed as a first for a major professional sports team in the US. They have gotten a lot of positive recognition and publicity in the industry for it.

As far as Kevin Clark goes, I think he's done a good job since we moved to the Rock. Like others have said, I'm sure he wasn't doing that schtick on Tuesday night on his own. It was annoying at time, but it surely wasn't the worst part of the night. Frankly, the atmosphere was electric and only was lost once the team choked the game away.

I'm not saying they revolutionized anything, but their extensive and interactive use of social media has been hailed as a first for a major professional sports team in the US. They have gotten a lot of positive recognition and publicity in the industry for it.

As far as Kevin Clark goes, I think he's done a good job since we moved to the Rock. Like others have said, I'm sure he wasn't doing that schtick on Tuesday night on his own. It was annoying at time, but it surely wasn't the worst part of the night. Frankly, the atmosphere was electric and only was lost once the team choked the game away.

A lot of the recognition in magazines and papers were just regurgitations of the Devils press release about the generals. You can also look at it as the Devils are the first professional sports teams that need to depend on naming some big fans as pseudo-non-paid interns to do the work that their own marketing department should be doing.

I like the fact that they turned to fans to help them reach out to their marketplace. It certainly can't hurt, especially in an area where they compete with 8 other professional sports teams for people's entertainment dollars.

Asking fans for help is one thing, having fans basically do all their work is another.

Those fans volunteer to be "generals." I'm assuming they like the job otherwise why would they do it. And I'm sure that much more goes into the marketing of a professional sports franchise than monitoring social media sites and interacting with fans on facebook, twitter, and certain blogs.

I can imagine their marketing department does a bit too. I bet they RISE UP AND WAVE THEIR TIES AROUND AND MAKE...SOME....NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those fans volunteer to be "generals." I'm assuming they like the job otherwise why would they do it. And I'm sure that much more goes into the marketing of a professional sports franchise than monitoring social media sites and interacting with fans on facebook, twitter, and certain blogs.

Well, I think we can all agree there not doing a lot of that.

I can imagine their marketing department does a bit too. I bet they RISE UP AND WAVE THEIR TIES AROUND AND MAKE...SOME....NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl:

Is it bad that this on-going make some noise stuff is the single best thing we've had come out of the playoffs in years? Well, except for the jelly thing...

First off, I think this thread isn't made if the Devils win game 3.

That being said, yeah I've always found him to be an annoying as hell. I don't think he does a good job, and, although my experience in other arenas is limited at best, I think he's been the worst I've experienced at a professional level.

the bottom line is, the crowd is to blame for the lack of support, no matter the score. If they quiet down because we go down after having a lead, well that's their fault for losing faith. I'm one of those fans that will get my moneys worth and not leave until the game is over whether we're up 10-0 or losing 10-0. Like the idiots who left early if it was pretty much an assured win/loss halfway thru the 3rd back in CAA cause "we gotta beat the traffic on RT 3" or nowadays, "i have to catch my train or wait another hour." Oh, boo hoo. It's worth it to support YOUR TEAM to the end. That's what a being a real fan is. Not knowing all the angles, not being the most hockey savvy guy in the fanbase, not being a wanna-be coach and not calling for someone's head when we're doing lousy. The bitching lately, however based on real gripes, is just astounding. I know, all real fanbases who have fans who actually care what's going on have the uber-passionate fans who go to extreme highs on a win or extreme lows when they lose. The key is not to let it lead to a flame war. At the end of it all, we can't control it no matter how much we whine and complain, it is what it is, just enjoy the ride for what it is and be proud of being a DEVILS FAN

If it takes Kevin Clark to light a fire under the crowd to stop sitting on their hands and SUPPORT the team, then so be it!

Edited by Legion15