Kevin Clark

devlman

Listening to the crowd here on tv from Florida it sounded great, like the old playoffs, the only thing that makes me want to vomit is all the excuses the kittens announcers kept shoveling out. Can not wait to move back home. I have to listen to the games with the sound off.

Let's Go Devils do it in 6

and PLEASE................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

arrive home safely

:clap2:

He toned it down but hes still outta control. Its one thing to say 'Come on fans, make some noiissee' and another thing to say 'Come on fans, make some noisee, stop being so quiettttttttt!!! Help them score a Power play goal, come on you can do itttttttt!' Lame and embarrassing. ESPECIALLY when the crowd is rocking on its own!

Nothing special really, it just worked very well cause it was so simple. The kids drumming made it easier for everyone to be on the same page with chants, it was just a nice addition to the game. The mascot always trys to do what they did but he's horrible at keeping a steady beat lol

The drums work well for the Let's Go Devils chant. And the drumline march into and out of the stadium was awesome. Now, if we could only ban those stupid vuvuzelas. :pray:

The only one that annoyed me... is that we're tied 2-2 in an unbelievably tense and nervous arena... and he goes "C'MON FANS... IT'S ALMOST THE END OF THE THIRD PERIOD!!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP! MAKE...SOME....NOISEEE!!!!!"

or

C'MON EVERYONE! WHO WANTS A T-SHIRT? SERIOUSLY!!!! WHO WANTS A T-SHIRT! MY WIFE MADE THESE AND I HAPPEN TO THINK THEY ARE VERY NICE AND I DON'T WANT HER TO BE MAD THINKING I DIDN'T DO A GOOD JOB CONVINCING EVERYONE THAT THEY REALLY NEEDED ON OF THESE T-SHIRTS SO MAKE.......SOME......NOISEEEEEEE!!!!!

The only one that annoyed me... is that we're tied 2-2 in an unbelievably tense and nervous arena... and he goes "C'MON FANS... IT'S ALMOST THE END OF THE THIRD PERIOD!!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP! MAKE...SOME....NOISEEE!!!!!"

or

C'MON EVERYONE! WHO WANTS A T-SHIRT? SERIOUSLY!!!! WHO WANTS A T-SHIRT! MY WIFE MADE THESE AND I HAPPEN TO THINK THEY ARE VERY NICE AND I DON'T WANT HER TO BE MAD THINKING I DIDN'T DO A GOOD JOB CONVINCING EVERYONE THAT THEY REALLY NEEDED ON OF THESE T-SHIRTS SO MAKE.......SOME......NOISEEEEEEE!!!!!

I WILL PUT THE DOG TO SLEEP IF YOU ALL DON'T GET UP AND MAKE.....SOME....NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and PLEASE................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

arrive home safely

lollll. best one.

It took me a while to click on this thread. I'm surprised by what I see.

I'm wondering how I ended up in such a different place from everyone else on this one (unless I'm part of a silent majority). This announcing did not bother me almost at all. The one thing that seemed out of place to me was the targeting of single sections (why encourage only three to four hundred fans to be loud? what's the point?). If the arena's going to be in a high-energy, crazed, caffeinated state, it needs to have PA announcer to match. Nothing stood out to me in a bad way about the PA at that game 3, and the "that was totally embarrassing" comments make zero sense to me. My guess is that game 3 frustrations resulted in people blowing off a lot more steam on this than it deserved.

It took me a while to click on this thread. I'm surprised by what I see.

I'm wondering how I ended up in such a different place from everyone else on this one (unless I'm part of a silent majority). This announcing did not bother me almost at all. The one thing that seemed out of place to me was the targeting of single sections (why encourage only three to four hundred fans to be loud? what's the point?). If the arena's going to be in a high-energy, crazed, caffeinated state, it needs to have PA announcer to match. Nothing stood out to me in a bad way about the PA at that game 3, and the "that was totally embarrassing" comments make zero sense to me. My guess is that game 3 frustrations resulted in people blowing off a lot more steam on this than it deserved.

I was at game 3 and even when we were up 3-0, 3-1, and 3-2 his announcing was excessive. It was to the point where it sounded like he was pleading with the crowd to make noise, even when we were already much louder than any game this season. It was total bush-league and embarassing and I do not recall hearing on TV announcers in even struggling markets beg the crowd to be loud.

I was at game 3 and even when we were up 3-0, 3-1, and 3-2 his announcing was excessive. It was to the point where it sounded like he was pleading with the crowd to make noise, even when we were already much louder than any game this season. It was total bush-league and embarassing and I do not recall hearing on TV announcers in even struggling markets beg the crowd to be loud.

I'm not seeing this one. Nothing seemed unusual about it (other than perhaps frequency). It sounded like pumped up announcing, not begging. I mean, take the guy before a boxing match who yells "Let's get ready to RUMBLLLLLLLLE!!" Is that necessary? No. Is the crowd already excited and prepared to yell? Yes. So why do they do it? Atmosphere.

Just because we don't need to have Clarke saying, "Make Noise!" doesn't make it a terrible thing. Could you imagine him using his sedate voice, the kind that says, "Devils penalty number 23, David Clarkson. He receives two minutes. . ." to say, "Devils fans, NJ is in section 2, throwing out t-shirts. Raise your voice if you want a t-shirt"? They've had those videos of Danny DeVito, et al, forever, and those say the exact same things.

Edit: If Devils people really do listen to us here, they should have him do that low-key t-shirt announcement as a funny response to the complaining. :giggle:

Edited by Devils Dose