NFL Week 14!

CRASHER

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things we've learned in the 4:00 hour:

The Saints are dead.

The Cards clearly aren't trying anymore.

The Ravens laugh and steal this award :P

Meh, not like they sucked...'Skins are pretty good too...and the Ravens have been playing tight games all season...they're just starting to go the other way. Most of their +58 point differential was built on two blowout wins. (44-13 and 55-20). They've also been blown out once (43-13), but 7 of their games have been decided by 3 points or less. They were 5-0 in such games until they dropped their last two...things are evening out...

The Saints are dead.

Guess they ain't dead yet...as good as Eli can be, he still throws some bad picks..

2nd straight week the Ravens defense gives up a long drive to tie/win in the final minutes to a back-up QB.

As I stated previously, I am happy we got out to a huge lead in the division as we are just watching it dwindle.

We are too damaged on D to make a difference this year.

Wow, Seatle looks real.

Seattle isn't likely to have the benefit of home games come playoff time. They also beat up on a team that has now lost nine in a row and doesn't appear to be interested in competing anymore. I can't take them seriously yet.

Seattle isn't likely to have the benefit of home games come playoff time. They also beat up on a team that has now lost nine in a row and doesn't appear to be interested in competing anymore. I can't take them seriously yet.

You need look no further then the Bears game last week.....the likely Seattle opponent is likely to be built much like the Bears (or Packers), with the NFC East winner or GB/Chi (Seattle's beat Dallas, GB and won in Chicago already)....no team in football boasts the "impressive wins" like Seattle has....today's squashing aside.....they go to Buffalo then host San Fran, two telling games coming also

Seattle's defense is very questionable on the road. That would be their main issues. Russell Wilson is a QB that just seems to have "it". I'm not worried about him at all. Even forgetting about this game, they have an assortment of solid wins this season.

But you are right. Seattle's home field advantage is among the best in professional sports, and they won't have any on the road. But who in the NFC looks impressive at all at this point?

As for the Ravens. Manta has been known for a ton of hyperbole over the past few years about Flacco and the offense, but he is right about Cam Cameron. He's trying to do everything to sabotage that offense.

Head-to-head don't matter with the tie lol...for all intents and purposes Seattle needs to make up two games on SF, one of which they can do directly. It's doable though, cause Seattle has them at home and at Buffalo/home Rams as their other games while the Niners have to lose to NE next week since they're not losing to the rotting corpse that is Arizona the last week.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You need look no further then the Bears game last week.....the likely Seattle opponent is likely to be built much like the Bears (or Packers), with the NFC East winner or GB/Chi (Seattle's beat Dallas, GB and won in Chicago already)....no team in football boasts the "impressive wins" like Seattle has....today's squashing aside.....they go to Buffalo then host San Fran, two telling games coming also

Denver has won 8 in a row and and the Colts are 9-4, and the Pats took care of both of those teams. I consider those impressive wins. I also don't put too much stock into them...come playoff time, I think NE can beat or lose to any one of their opponents, home or away.

The road win against the Bears was solid, and it seemed like for that one week the magic that Seattle usually enjoys at home followed them on the road, but Seattle is clearly a much different team at home. If they lose to Buffalo, then win the next two, I just don't know seriously I can take a team that goes 8-0 at home and 2-6 on the road, where they'll get maybe one home game come playoff time. You are right in that it's not THAT farfetched to think Seattle could very well host a wild-card game if they can win out...especially since, like NJDevs noted, they have a game against the Niners, and the Niners have to go to NE.

Denver has won 8 in a row and and the Colts are 9-4, and the Pats took care of both of those teams. I consider those impressive wins. I also don't put too much stock into them...come playoff time, I think NE can beat or lose to any one of their opponents, home or away.

The road win against the Bears was solid, and it seemed like for that one week the magic that Seattle usually enjoys at home followed them on the road, but Seattle is clearly a much different team at home. If they lose to Buffalo, then win the next two, I just don't know seriously I can take a team that goes 8-0 at home and 2-6 on the road, where they'll get maybe one home game come playoff time. You are right in that it's not THAT farfetched to think Seattle could very well host a wild-card game if they can win out...especially since, like NJDevs noted, they have a game against the Niners, and the Niners have to go to NE.

Remember, Seattle has a win over New England too :)....I became a fan of Richard Sherman in that one :lol:

It's all about match-ups in the playoffs.....if Seattle plays one of these "high powered offenses that don't block no one" teams, I would expect them to win said game too....

As for the Ravens. Manta has been known for a ton of hyperbole over the past few years about Flacco and the offense, but he is right about Cam Cameron. He's trying to do everything to sabotage that offense.

Stating something has the "potential" to be something is not hyperbole, it's "hope".

It's funny, listening to Ron Jaworski (the Dean of the QB trade, IMHO) this morning, stating that to be a great QB you need great coaching was quite apt. for my comments about Flacco. He crushed Stafford as someone who has the talent, but doesn't have the coaching either on the OC or the QB coach to make him among the elites. I thought it was interesting that he basically confirmed my thoughts on the subject.

Yes, Cameron sucks!

Guess we'll now find out for sure if Flacco truly was being held back.

I love it, but It's 6-months too late.

As I mentioned to Crasher, who immediately had to text me the news: this is a high risk move. It shows me the coach Harbaugh wants to win NOW and no excuses. Love coach Harbaugh.

At least this also proves that what I was seeing on the field, was recognized by upper management.

I've been reading Raven fan responses, and they are pretty much 100% across-the-board in favor of this. Pretty much says it all.

Manta, based on yesterday's game, I can understand your frustration. Flacco was passing well early, then wound up with just 21 pass attempts for the game. I remember thinking "Why are they getting away from the pass when it's clearly working for them?"

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

At times, Cameron seemed to be living in a long-gone time when receiver distribution and location (to use a favorite phrase of our friend Greg Cosell) wasn't as important as it is now. In 2011, the Ravens ranked 30th in offensive formations of three receivers, setting up that way just 28 percent of the time.

Cameron's insistence on sending his receivers on isolation routes, essentially forcing his players to beat coverage without the advantages provided by formation diversity, gave the Ravens' offense a handicap.

Cameron seemed to try and switch things up in 2012, going with more wide and multiple sets, and setting Flacco up in more no-huddle sets that seemed to play well to the quarterback's strengths. However, the Ravens regressed to type as the season went on, and even Flacco was quoted as saying that he didn't understand why there wasn't as much no-huddle.

What a perfect write-up of what I was seeing each week. Need to read this guy more on Yahoo Sports.

Guess we'll now find out for sure if Flacco truly was being held back.

This is what i was thinking too.....

then again there's been plenty of games where you sit and wonder "where the hell has Ray Rice been??" as well....

a move this late in the season....it's not gonna change TOO much....it's too late for that

This is what i was thinking too.....

then again there's been plenty of games where you sit and wonder "where the hell has Ray Rice been??" as well....

a move this late in the season....it's not gonna change TOO much....it's too late for that

I agree, but I think the main point is to shake the tree before its too late in the season. Green Bay and the Giants last season didn't go full throttle until very late in the season and won championships. So, it steers away the talk of a sinking ship.

Damn. Never expected last night. Houston can squelch any talk of Indy fighting for a division title with a win this week, and the Texans weren't quite as bad as the score would lead one to believe (their D actually played pretty well for a stretch, and they were beating up Brady pretty well at times), but right now the Texans have a bit of a paper tiger feel to them after that one, coupled with Green Bay blowing them out.

As for NE...sure, I was thrilled, but my feelings about them haven't changed that much...I can see them beating or losing to just about anyone come playoff time.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976