Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And the Devils pick!!!.......Zach Parise

10. Zach Parise

Born: July 28, 1984, Faribault, Minn.

2002-03: University of North Dakota

Pos: C | Ht: 5-11 | Wt: 186 | Shoots: L

Central Scouting: No. 9 North American skater

The Parise name conjures up memories of a hard-nosed forward. Zach's dad, J.P. Parise, lasted 13 NHL seasons mainly because of his competitiveness.

Zach is more talented than the old man. He's creative with the puck and has a soft touch around the net. He enters the draft as the top offensive threat coming out of college. He put up a lot of points as a freshman, averaging almost 1.5 per game.

A superb playmaker who had 101 assists in his final high school season, the most obvious trait inherited from his father is determination.

Said one college scout: "He is a star. He can do it all. He can skate. He is strong, and I do not know what his knock is. He can do just about anything. He is a fantastic player. To me, he is magical. I think he is one of the best college players to come down the pipeline in years."

The knock is his size. Parise does not have a thick body yet, and time will tell whether he gets bigger and faster.

"I don't see size as an issue," said a scout. "His dad wasn't big. Zach's a competitor like his dad."

YEAR    TEAM         LEA.    GP    G    A   Pts.  PIM

'00-01  Shattuck     USHS    68   82   77   159    67

'01-02  Shattuck     USHS    63   73  101   174    64

'02-03  North Dakota WCHA    39   26   35    61    34

USA          WJC      7    4    4     8     4

The Hockey News says: Skilled forward

RANKED #10 WOW!!!

GO DEVILS!!!

Said one college scout: "He is a star. He can do it all. He can skate. He is strong, and I do not know what his knock is. He can do just about anything. He is a fantastic player. To me, he is magical. I think he is one of the best college players to come down the pipeline in years."

The knock is his size. Parise does not have a thick body yet, and time will tell whether he gets bigger and faster.

"I don't see size as an issue," said a scout. "His dad wasn't big. Zach's a competitor like his dad."

sounds good to me! :clap: