GDT Devils vs. Panthers

ZeroGravityFat

The Devils are now .500 (7-7-1) under Lemaire this season.

13 wins away from climbing out of the Johnny Mac hole.

its kinda funny how a few weeks ago, we were just hoping for loser points, and people were saying the only way to come back were wins and loser points, no regulation losses... 7 games later and there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

and you're 100% right, 1976, Kovy is definitely grasping the team concept and by doing so, he's actually IMPROVING his points output.

Go Devs, fry the Wings. I'll have mine Buffalo flavored.

His numbers are approaching respectability over his last 21 GP: 9 G and 9 A. Still not quite what you'd hope for from Ilya, but definitely much better. And he's showing a commitment to improving other aspects of his game.

Who knows how long this surge will last, but it is fun to watch. The Devils look like a real hockey team again.

i am pretty sure that 9 G and 9 A in 21 games is about what you can expect out of kovalchuk given that the devils don't draw sh!t for penalties. i don't think they're on pace to set a record anymore (and somehow ottawa is just as bad), but they draw barely over 3 penalties a game. when kovalchuk led the league in PPG with 27, the thrashers drew 6.5 penalties a game.