Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure I agree, Waddell maybe looking for a proven leader, a guy he's worked with before (Rolston on Team USA in 2006 and he played well), a guy who can take the "C" for a little bit (like Mellanby, Holik, etc), as much as we give him sh!t to Rolston - he's well respected throughout the league.

Even if Waddel was interested in him, I just can't see Rolston waiving his NTC to go to a team that's not contending.

I didn't see this mentioned here yet, sorry if I missed it, but Vasyunov and Eckford didn't play for Lowell tonight. Maybe they are sick or injured, maybe it's for another reason.

I checked the game before tonight (Jan. 31st) and they both played, but tonight they didn't. Mmm...

Even if Waddel was interested in him, I just can't see Rolston waiving his NTC to go to a team that's not contending.

It's a small chance sure...but there are worse things in life if you are LL/Rolly. The only thing in my end is, I don't see Lou has a Burke type to try and force the issue. He seems like a guy if has a NTC with a player, he won't try and cross that line.

"The latest from ESPN.com's Pierre Lebrun has sources telling him that the Boston Bruins are no longer in the running for Ilya Kovalchuk's services and the Vancouver Canucks and New Jersey Devils are only monitoring the situation.

from http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=515802

He also says Philly is out in his update. That leaves the Kings.

"The latest from ESPN.com's Pierre Lebrun has sources telling him that the Boston Bruins are no longer in the running for Ilya Kovalchuk's services and the Vancouver Canucks and New Jersey Devils are only monitoring the situation.

from http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=515802

Dudley was at the game tonight. we're not monitoring the situation. this is getting kinda odd. the Thrashers were also here on Friday. obviously now, it wasn't because of the Leafs...

If he is a true team player he waives the NTC. Its the only honorable thing to do. He has got to understand that the Devils are much better off without him. One can only hope that both he and Lou are discussing this very same thing at Panera as this very moment. "Brian, thanks for everything but you need to get the fvck out."

Remember...the Devils name will always be in the mix because Lou will never confirm or deny anything to the media. All these reporters have sources from other teams telling them they are out, but none of those guys have any sources inside the Devils organization. Just some food for thought...

Edited by devilsrule33

If he is a true team player he waives the NTC. Its the only honorable thing to do. He has got to understand that the Devils are much better off without him. One can only hope that both he and Lou are discussing this very same thing at Panera as this very moment. "Brian, thanks for everything but you need to get the fvck out."

LOL, I laughed out loud at that :)

Remember...the Devils names will always be in the mix because Lou will never confirm or deny anything to the media. All these reporters have sources from other teams telling them they are out, but none of those guys have any sources inside the Devils organization. Just some food for thought...

when the associate GM shows up to this game and there's weird scratches, again, something is up... it doesn't mean something is going to happen, but if Eckford wasn't scratched hurt, that's very weird. it doesn't mean he's going to Atlanta in a potential trade, either... it could be because Lou is expecting to call him up and doesn't want to take any risks

when the associate GM shows up to this game and there's weird scratches, again, something is up... it doesn't mean something is going to happen, but if Eckford wasn't scratched hurt, that's very weird. it doesn't mean he's going to Atlanta in a potential trade, either... it could be because Lou is expecting to call him up and doesn't want to take any risks

Watch, Eckford will be playing Friday vs Leafs...

he might be. but he won't be unless someone is moved.

Can't someone be scratched?

max - What do you mean by 'associate GM shows up to this game' ?

Basically Atlanta's assistant GM was at The Rock tonight checking out the Lowell game....where there is smoke, there is FIRE!!

max - What do you mean by 'associate GM shows up to this game' ?

Rick Dudley was at the game tonight at the Rock. normally, this time of year, you wouldn't waste your time going to this unless something was up. you'd really have to like hockey to watch Lowell vs. Hartford. if there's going to be a trade, it's going to probably happen before ATL plays again. and there were weird scratches tonight... Eckford is a very weird scratch. you wouldn't think he'd be involved in this, and if he was, you'd want him playing anyway.

there's only two reasonable explainations for it. 1) he's hurt, or 2) the Devils are planning to call him up.

Rick Dudley was at the game tonight at the Rock. normally, this time of year, you wouldn't waste your time going to this unless something was up. you'd really have to like hockey to watch Lowell vs. Hartford. if there's going to be a trade, it's going to probably happen before ATL plays again. and there were weird scratches tonight... Eckford is a very weird scratch. you wouldn't think he'd be involved in this, and if he was, you'd want him playing anyway.

there's only two reasonable explainations for it. 1) he's hurt, or 2) the Devils are planning to call him up.

or he's a part of the deal. This is an AHL Star D-Man - good for a trade...not bad considering a late pick too.

Or he's going to be called up for an Oduya trade. You gotta think though if that was the case, Eckford would've still played tonight unless the Devils were afraid of getting bitten if they traded Oduya and Eckford got hurt.

or he's a part of the deal. This is an AHL Star D-Man - good for a trade...not bad considering a late pick too.

Or he's going to be called up for an Oduya trade. You gotta think though if that was the case, Eckford would've still played tonight unless the Devils were afraid of getting bitten if they traded Oduya and Eckford got hurt.

If after all this NOTHING happens, I am gonna be so pissed! I have been checking sites nonstop since yesterday morning now! The suspense is killing me....

they don't have anyone else other than Smurphy. it would be worthy of a scratch, to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

of course, tomorrow morning we'll find out Oduya and Mottau are puking their guts out, and one of them might miss Friday's game... which will take all the fun out of this.

Damn you!! Logic usually wins out. They're probably sick.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.