NHL Skills Competition/Youngstars Game Thread

nmigliore

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I enjoyed this years skills competition (minus the beginning act with that singer and piano guy :puke: ) and like the elimination SO. Really suprised to see Shane Doan win it. Hejduk and Marleau looked like they were going to make it to the end, but to see Savard and Doan to be the last two standing was a suprise. Backstrom looked good early then gave up some, then came on strong in the end as well as Lundqvist did. Thomas and Giguere were not bad either but I have to say Backstrom and Lundqvist took a lot of the good SO favorites in the last couple rounds.

Parise just came up short in the fastest skater and it sucked that he went first when he said he didn't want to go first. His elimination SO shot he just missed too. All he had to do was just lift the puck top shelf on Backstrom, but he made a good pad save on Parise.

The shooting acuracy was good to see Malkin beat Heatley for that one. Malkin sure can aim that puck.

Chara getting his 3rd in a row at the hardest shot was amazing. I thought Weber with 103.4 was going to win, but Chara came through on his last shot @ 105.4. Wow.

Just an overall good skills competition tonight.

Edited by SatansDevils

Overall I enjoyed this years skills competition (minus the beginning act with that singer and piano guy :puke: ) and like the elimination SO. Really suprised to see Shane Doan win it. Hejduk and Marleau looked like they were going to make it to the end, but to see Savard and Doan to be the last two standing was a suprise. Backstrom looked good early then gave up some, then came on strong in the end as well as Lundqvist did. Thomas and Giguere were not bad either but I have to say Backstrom and Lundqvist took a lot of the good SO favorites in the last couple rounds.

Parise just came up short in the fastest skater and it sucked that he went first when he said he didn't want to go first. His elimination SO shot he just missed too. All he had to do was just lift the puck top shelf on Backstrom, but he made a good pad save on Parise.

??? Parise hit the post

Parise "didn't get the puck up high enough", he said when Doc asked him on the live mic after the shot. It hit the left leg pads of Backstrom. It almost looked like a toe saving save for Backstrom on the replay.

I thought he hit the post, but I only saw 1 replay of it.

edit: I just saw it again (the whole competition is on NHL.com), he DID hit the post.

Edited by nmigliore

didn't even see that this thread was pinned up here... i was wondering why you guys didn't really have a thread about today. :lol:

observations from today (aside from ovechkin being a dork): gary green is a bumbling dufus. doaner has one of the goofiest smiles i've ever seen. the breakaway challenge has been replaced by the elimination shootout in relevance. versus is run by a bunch of chimpanzees who don't understand production. carey price is a tool. also, carey price isn't good. wtf was that musical intro with the smoker chick, the cheerleaders, and the organist? i don't even have anything to say about that. oh, and ovechkin is a dork.

also, i wish marleau could have been inserted into the fastest skater competition, but i guess they made those decisions before he was substituted in. :saddevil:

Edited by Charlemagne

I thought he hit the post, but I only saw 1 replay of it.

edit: I just saw it again (the whole competition is on NHL.com), he DID hit the post.

Yeah you are right there lol. Parise DID hit the post with the shot! :P

Doc never said he hit the post which was suprising, but you can clearly hear the puck hit the post. Man, he almost had it.

Yeah you are right there lol. Parise DID hit the post with the shot! :P

Doc never said he hit the post which was suprising, but you can clearly hear the puck hit the post. Man, he almost had it.

It looked like (to me) it hit Backstrom's pad right on the edge then hit the post, hence Parise saying he didn't get it high enough.

It looked like (to me) it hit Backstrom's pad right on the edge then hit the post, hence Parise saying he didn't get it high enough.

Yeah NZT, that is what I first thought seeing it live then on the first replay and what Parise said to Doc on the mic to him. Then watching it again, it looks like Parise appears he hit the post with the shot as you can hear it hit the iron. It did at first look like a left pad save-almost a toe save. :noclue: