NFL Week 16!!!!

CRASHER

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4pm:

NY Giants at St Louis:

Thank God, Dallas and Indy is on CBS….ain’t nobody gonna be watching THIS one…..oh wait, we’re supposed to oogle and ooohhh and ahhhhh at mister Sticky Gloves and his overrated one handed catches that are gonna hype him into an Offensive Rookie of the Year he has NO business in winning (yes this is going to annoy more than that fraking Salsa that Victor Cruz does….deal with it!)

Yeah okay, just another 150 and two TD's today lol

Every time you start bitching about the Pats....I turn around and watch them.....and they score a TD :lol:

And Johnny Backup injured and out :rofl:

I'd rather be mildly annoyed about an ugly win than furious over an unacceptable loss. Though he sometimes does some head-scratching things, I do respect Rex Ryan...some games against the Pats have gotten away from him, but he's made a lot of games tough for BB. That's now 5 out of 6 games that have come down to three points or less between the Jets and Pats. Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Why the OBJ hate, crash? He doesn't have half the ego Cruz does and is a hustler.

I'll give the short version....he makes one stupid good catch during a horribe season for his team and the media has annoited him as the next Calvin Johnson and i'm already sick of it :P

It's also started my wanting to get the damned gloves off of the WR's....there's no need for them, being a WR is easy enough (the week after Captain Sticky Gloves made his lil catch we counted seven one-handed grabs just as stupidly good....within the first 20 minutes of putting on the NFL Red Zone....which sealed my hatred for the damn gloves too)

In fairness Crash, OBJ has had a pretty stellar eight weeks, bad team or not. 

And speaking of overrated, I'm sorry, but Andrew Luck gets fussed over a bit too much.  He's been largely awful the last three weeks, and in his three games against the Pats, he hasn't done a whole hell of a lot (8 INT).  Not saying he won't be terrific some day, and he's already shown flashes of that, but he's still very much a work in progress, which a lot of people seem to gloss over. 

And speaking of overrated, I'm sorry, but Andrew Luck gets fussed over a bit too much.  He's been largely awful the last three weeks, and in his three games against the Pats, he hasn't done a whole hell of a lot (8 INT).  Not saying he won't be terrific some day, and he's already shown flashes of that, but he's still very much a work in progress, which a lot of people seem to gloss over. 

While this is true, (Francessa brought this up, and I agree), the Colts are hot garbage without Luck.  They have Vontae Davis, TY Hilton, and a ton of players who are either no good or past their expiration dates.  They DO have it in both coach and QB to turn it around, but they're going to get a HUGE wakeup call from the Texans next year if Houston can find a QB.

Its alot easier to make cirucs catches on a five win football team with no pressure, then with the game on the line and the money on the table (this goes for Mike Evans too FYI)

Luck has zero running game, a declining and injured O-Line, a Bears-like defense and was out his best WR, his #2 is barely gonna make it to the finish line....and what's left of Nicks....Tom Brady would have trouble not looking terrible with that squad....its amazing how much stuff has been dumped on Luck so early into his career and he's turned it into chicken salad so to speak (yeah a soft division helps too but the kid has it....no doubt)

I'll give the short version....he makes one stupid good catch during a horribe season for his team and the media has annoited him as the next Calvin Johnson and i'm already sick of it :P

It's also started my wanting to get the damned gloves off of the WR's....there's no need for them, being a WR is easy enough (the week after Captain Sticky Gloves made his lil catch we counted seven one-handed grabs just as stupidly good....within the first 20 minutes of putting on the NFL Red Zone....which sealed my hatred for the damn gloves too)

He plays hard though, you have to give him that. All he did was catch the ball, he wasn't the one hyping it. Personality wise he's been surprisingly quiet. I hate Cruz even as a Giants fan, he's a no class asshat. OBJ seems like a good guy in my book.

The rain came at the worst possible time for Manning, but in fairness he also looked bad after 28-27

That's what was kind of surprising...sure, the rain hurt, but usually when the Broncos' offense getting rolling, it doesn't stop.  They are clearly not the same team they were a year ago.  17 TDs and 12 INT for Peyton in has last eight games...and though he still makes some pretty spectacular throws (a lot of commentators seem to believe ALL of his throws are shaky), it looks like he may finally be on the decline. 

....I'd blame it on his leg injury last week....but that doesn't account for eight weeks of bad production and this re-birth of the running game.....it could be that time has finally run out on #18

it will be interesting to see if he sticks around one more year to try to pull a Brodeur and pad his stats.....if the Broncos were smart they'd be sure to give Osweiller a look this Sunday just to get a feel for Plan B