Does the league owe the Devils an apology?

'7'

I recall that Pandolfo goal again the Sens in the 03 playoffs that was just a blatant miss...I believe the league came out and apologized (we still won 1-0)

In this instance, we lost 4-0, but it's still no excuse for them to just outright hand LA goal #1 and get the ball rolling for them.

The puck was under Brodeurs pad...since when are players allowed to swat away at the goalies pad, push him, and jar the puck loose. And if the ref didn't see the puck, isn't it his responsibility to blow the whistle?

If the puck is under a goalies pad...you cannot just jam away at it until it comes loose. No way that goal should've counted

It was a bullsh!t call, but we all know we aren't going to get an official apology nor am I sure the league even needs to delve into it. I know everyone says it's a momentum killer but I have a hard time putting the blame on that one call given that they scored 3 more, we go 0-6 (0-5 really) on the power play, and don't score at all. Had it been a closer game maybe but we're just angry right now.

That first goal still kinda bothers me and the Devils were dominating play up until that point. The league doesn't owe anyone anything but why is it that I keep thinking to myself that out of the 4 major sports, hockey has the most inconsistent reffing trailing closely by baseball?

We will not get an apology and that's fine. We also had a ton of powerplays to right the ship afterwards and the Kings got better while the Devils just got worse.

Seriously, give this sh*t a rest. Devils lost the game 4-0. Couldn't score on a one minute 5 on 3. Put very few quality shots on Quick. In short, Devils were absolutely dominated and deserved to lose the game. No apology needed for the same reason that you won't get an apology for a bad call in a 10-0 game.

People are starting to sound like whiny Ranger fans who think the world owes them something.

• Like 1

We've had some questionable calls go our way throughout the playoffs, so no apology, but it deflated me beyond words when it happened.

Regardless, if you cant score on a 5 on 3...

Seriously, give this sh*t a rest. Devils lost the game 4-0. Couldn't score on a one minute 5 on 3. Put very few quality shots on Quick. In short, Devils were absolutely dominated and deserved to lose the game. No apology needed for the same reason that you won't get an apology for a bad call in a 10-0 game.

People are starting to sound like whiny Ranger fans who think the world owes them something.

The Devils were not absolutely dominated. I love this talk whenever a team is shut out that they must've played really poorly.

That said, who cares about an apology, it doesn't change anything.

It seemed like the officials were entirely too reactionary last night. It was almost as if they realized they were hair trigger blowing the whistle when Quick merely touched the puck twice. Then they overcompensated by letting them whack at Marty several times. Then they realized they screwed us and tried to give us every call known to man. Then the ratio of penalties was so ridiculously in our favor, they had to give them a couple of late calls, dives or not.

Whether the call was bad or not, the team lost 4-0 in a game where they were constantly handed powerplays including a double minor and a five on three. In a must win game, down 2-0 in the finals, they couldn't get one goal past Quick. Not to take anything away from the Kings because I don't think anyone could beat them right now... but this team was very close with games 1 and 2, but just bowed out of the race last night.

Sure the refs made the wrong call... but if going down 1-0 in the second period is enough to make the team fold like a cheap suit, they don't deserve it.

The Devils were not absolutely dominated. I love this talk whenever a team is shut out that they must've played really poorly.

That said, who cares about an apology, it doesn't change anything.

Not just shut out. Lost 4-0. Generated ZERO opportunities on 6 powerplays, including a 5-3. Gave up two powerplay goals where the Kings made it look easy. Most quality scoring opportunities ending up in Quick's chest protector.

That IS getting dominated. Period. End of story. There is no argument to made otherwise.

Not just shut out. Lost 4-0. Generated ZERO opportunities on 6 powerplays, including a 5-3. Gave up two powerplay goals where the Kings made it look easy. Most quality scoring opportunities ending up in Quick's chest protector.

That IS getting dominated. Period. End of story. There is no argument to made otherwise.

They generated some opportunities on those power plays. There is lots of argument to be made otherwise - chances were 16-11 when LA made it 4-0. That's getting beaten, but not dominated.

Absolutely dominated? I think you're exaggerating a little bit here.

We played well up until that first goal. We then proceeded to fart around a bit on a few PPs after that. We tried to open up before the end of the 2nd and got exposed on a rush the other way.

The third was a matter of life or death for us, and we were playing out of character. Case in point- Kovy trying to loft a backhand pass in the middle of the ice on the PP in his own defensive zone. That was crap Kovy used to do last year when "he didn't care"...

The first goal crippled our mental fortitude. After 2 devastating losses at home in OT, and now an apparent non-goal given to LA to give them a lead after they had been dominated up until that point...it was hockey suicide for the Devils after that.

Absolutely dominated? I think you're exaggerating a little bit here.

We played well up until that first goal. We then proceeded to fart around a bit on a few PPs after that. We tried to open up before the end of the 2nd and got exposed on a rush the other way.

The third was a matter of life or death for us, and we were playing out of character. Case in point- Kovy trying to loft a backhand pass in the middle of the ice on the PP in his own defensive zone. That was crap Kovy used to do last year when "he didn't care"...

The first goal crippled our mental fortitude. After 2 devastating losses at home in OT, and now an apparent non-goal given to LA to give them a lead after they had been dominated up until that point...it was hockey suicide for the Devils after that.

Even in most blow-outs the losing team will generate a few chances and control the play for certain stretches.

Had it been the other way around, we'd be patting ourselves on the back for how awesome the team played.

There's no silver lining here. No unlucky or flukey plays that cost the Devils the game. Again, a loss where the Devils were dominated. And yes, being dominated also means not converting when you do get chances.

There was no domination until it was readily apparent that the Kings can molest any Devil player without fear of giving up a PP goal. They realy took the body hard and outworked the Devs later into the game. There was utter domination in the third without a doubt.

The sad part is, this could have easily been a 2-1 lead in the series after those first two heartbreakers.

The league can take an apology and shove it up their fvcking asses. There have been several calls against out team this whole playoffs. Soft fvcking calls. Our team didn't let those calls take them out of games in the first 3 series. This series, THAT call on the first goal opened the door for the Kings. It shot what little confidence and momentum we had. We were pretty much dominating and that goal came out of no where. I'm convinced if that goal doesn't happen like that, the game is different and we possibly get one before the 3rd period.