2010 NFL thread

MadDog2020

Exactly, he is so desperate to get back into coaching he is just brown nosing every GM and player. This is why MNF is unwatchable.

Thank ODin for NBC's Sunday game.

He shouldn't have to brownnose just since he did win a Super Bowl and was the last coach to get the Raiders good. But I think he signed some kind of extension with ESPN though that probably has some kind of out

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shouldn't have to brownnose just since he did win a Super Bowl and was the last coach to get the Raiders good. But I think he signed some kind of extension with ESPN though that probably has some kind of out

I agree, but I think he loses credibility every time he opens his mouth. That extension means I pay less attention to ESPN's MNF or just listen to the radio commentators who are far more informative and thought provoking than McGruben.

I love Rex but lets not get carried away. Parcells has a winning track record as a Superbowl winning head coach. Rex backed a .500 team into the playoffs because Indy didn't take them seriously.

Rex as a personality, may wear thin after a while. I actually prefered Buddy Ryan.

Rex as a personality, may wear thin after a while. I actually prefered Buddy Ryan.

Buddy talked less.... I know :unsure: ..... but he also won less... and Buddy had an unhealthy hatred of all things offense.... least fat boy Rex kinda sees the importance on both sides of the ball....and he never punched an OC (wait... did he???)

Buddy also had better teams and maybe the most amazing front 4 I ever saw and still never won a playoff game.......

I love Rex but lets not get carried away. Parcells has a winning track record as a Superbowl winning head coach. Rex backed a .500 team into the playoffs because Indy didn't take them seriously.

I just meant as far as being a larger-than-life personality and (potentially, in Ryan's case) changing the fortunes of a Meadowlands team. It's hard to watch Ryan's "We've got one fvcking goal" speech from the first episode and not want that guy as your coach.

I wish Hard Knocks was around for one of Tuna's early seasons. That sh!t woulda been amazing.

Buddy talked less.... I know :unsure: ..... but he also won less... and Buddy had an unhealthy hatred of all things offense.... least fat boy Rex kinda sees the importance on both sides of the ball....and he never punched an OC (wait... did he???)

Buddy also had better teams and maybe the most amazing front 4 I ever saw and still never won a playoff game.......

He also wasn't a very good judge of offensive talent (e.g. Chris Carter).

I just meant as far as being a larger-than-life personality and (potentially, in Ryan's case) changing the fortunes of a Meadowlands team. It's hard to watch Ryan's "We've got one fvcking goal" speech from the first episode and not want that guy as your coach.

I wish Hard Knocks was around for one of Tuna's early seasons. That sh!t woulda been amazing.

Although he is the type of coach you would give everything for, I am not sure he has changed anything at the Meadowlands..YET. For all their bluster they still find a way to screw themselves. Ryan has done a good job of convincing people that the Jets have already won the Superbowl, when in reality they should not have even made the playoffs in his one year as HC.

Week one (this one's for you Crasher!!!): I think the Jets are in for a rude awakening.

I would put that under "an unhealthy hatred of all things offense" would I not?? B )

Having a gun and shooting yourself in the foot are two different things.

Although he is the type of coach you would give everything for, I am not sure he has changed anything at the Meadowlands..YET. For all their bluster they still find a way to screw themselves. Ryan has done a good job of convincing people that the Jets have already won the Superbowl, when in reality they should not have even made the playoffs in his one year as HC.

Can't really argue with that. They didn't earn that playoff berth last year after those roll-over wins. But they made the most of that berth and that should count for something.

I like Ryan. I like that defense and I like what L.T. and Santonio could do for that offense. It's Sanchez that I'm least sure of.

Week one (this one's for you Crasher!!!): I think the Jets are in for a rude awakening.

:wub:

It may be the one time in the next 5 years I root for the Ravens.....Rip them apart!!

This game could parallel last year's Jet opener when Houston proved themselves to be a soft fluff overrated team... and no I don't think the Jets are soft, but they are WAY overrated and made a LOT of sideways moves in the off-season

Can't really argue with that. They didn't earn that playoff berth last year after those roll-over wins. But they made the most of that berth and that should count for something.

I like Ryan. I like that defense and I like what L.T. and Santonio could do for that offense. It's Sanchez that I'm least sure of.

Sanchez has a lot to prove this year. No more excuses about him being a rookie :soap:

I love Ryan (I wish he was still our DC) the defense is out of his playbook, not sure about LT and Holmes (provided he grows up) might be good. Sanchez is a few years away, but I think he will be a great QB. A young QB learning how to win is tough and takes several years.

i had to pass up on two free preseason tickets to tonight's jets vs redskins games. They were at a 150 dollar value each and they would of been free for me :evilcry:

all of your saved money would have gone to parking and food anyway for a meaningless game, dont kick yourself in the ass too hard

Just heard a rumor from Adam Scheffner (sp?) from ESPN on Mike & Mike's radio program:

Matt Leinart is likely to be traded in the next week. Potential suitors? Raiders, Giants, and Bills. Goalik mentioned that Leinart might actually get a chance to start for the Bills if he goes there. So Clown, which QB would you rather have, Captain Party or Captain Checkdown?

Just heard a rumor from Adam Scheffner (sp?) from ESPN on Mike & Mike's radio program:

Matt Leinart is likely to be traded in the next week. Potential suitors? Raiders, Giants, and Bills. Goalik mentioned that Leinart might actually get a chance to start for the Bills if he goes there. So Clown, which QB would you rather have, Captain Party or Captain Checkdown?

if i were a bills fan, i'd be doing this: :puke:

but i'm a giants fan, and therefore, i did this when i saw we were interested :argh:

Edited by jagknife