GDT SCF GAME 1: NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. KINGS

ZeroGravityFat

Sorry but losing a blowout win is when we actually blow a lead that we actually had. We just missed glorious opportunities and so did the kings.

They in no way had what Clarkson and Fayne had. No Goddamned way in Hell.

Oh well... Hate to lose the home ice advantage right off the bat and be put in a must-win situation for Game 2, but losing the first one has been the story the last two rounds and we've been doing well. These Game 1's are different animals, you always have teams sort of getting to know each other (even if they're divisional rivals, it's been a while since they last played each other) and this is the first time players are trying to transfer all the theoretical stuff coaches came up with to the ice. PDB seemed to implement the right strategies for Game 2 against both the Flyers and the Rangers and this team has played under pressure a lot already - plus the Kings didn't impress me at all. So, no panic. It just stings that even if we win, we're still the team that has to steal one on the road.

To be fair, the Devils didn't impress either and Kovy wasn't really himself until OT or so, but hey, it can only go uphill from here. Marty, OTOH, except for that ugly first goal, was solid tonight.

Oh, and I don't get people saying it should've been 5:0 Devils or so. Really? They started awfully, had a really rough 2nd period until the last 5 mins or so and it wasn't until that goal (18:48 into the 2nd) that they started playing with energy. They looked good in the 3rd and I think they played really, really well in OT, so I think they deserved an OT goal, but no way in hell they deserved to win this thing by multiple goals. They were simply invisible for too long.

Ok ok I'm all for supporting all of us, but don't be mistaken:

If fayne thinks he will ever get a chance like that, he's out of his fvckig mind.

Brodeur had a good pct tonight but if he was stellar, why'd he give up another soft goal to start us off?

Sometimes u gotta be tough on your own team and when you miss pretty much all of your opportunities, this is what follows

Edited by Onddeck

i probably said it in the chat about 45 times just today...

but we need to fvcking stop just giving away the puck to LA's D at their blueline when we have control of the puck... thats all we do

Devils are making very few plays from the backend...

Dman carrying the puck from behind the net he's either gonna:

1- make a strong pass to a forward in the neutral zone who's gonna deflect it in the deep in the zone so that it's not an icing... about 50% of the time he miss the forward and we ice the puck

2- Dump it deep... sometimes they actually go for it, sometimes they don't

3- if he can skate to his blueline he's gonna flick it to the other blueline straight to a kings dman (that i just can't understand why)

the worst is that most of the time its not even because were making a line change or anything... we just give away the puck freely giving away our possession

sometiiiiimes they do skate with it in the zone but more often than not they'll overpass it or skate right in the corner and endup fighting along the boards...

We seemed pretty evenly matched tonight if you ask me, they just buried their chance at the end, and we didn't bury ours with the kova-henrique-poni scramble near their net in OT. The devils didn't have their legs in the early goings of the game, I don't expect that to happen again. And when we got our game going, they were struggling to deal with us. I expect us to come out flying next game, just like most games this playoffs. If we win, is another story, this is the most evenly matched we've been all playoffs.

• Like 1

I thought the devils played horribly. That being said, I fully expect them to bounce back.

They did in the first period, but even there we had chances to bury that weren't buried. The 2nd and 3rd were much better.

Zidlicky sh!t the bed big time though. A complete WTF game from him.

First two periods were the worst of the playoffs. Huge shotless stretches all game long. Would have been nice to steal one but this team bounces back well. Clarkson was more frustrating than usual tonight. Two semi open nets and big whiffs when they really could have picked the team up. LA didn't really handle our surges well, if we can have more of them in the first two periods, we are probably talking about a win.

i think they played great and shouldnt change a thing.

What??? 5 shots in the dirst period, something like 17 all game and who knows how many missed chances.

I know we can bounce back but that was no way a game where we played "great" dude, wake up

lol at Fayne and Clarkson getting our best chances. Our best players need to be the ones getting those chances, period. When Kopitar got his chance in the OT, forget it. Can't count on guys like Fayne and goofball Clarkson to bury them (30 goals or no 30 goals).

I thought the devils played horribly. That being said, I fully expect them to bounce back.

I agree and disagree with you. First period we were pretty even and played crappy at points. the 2nd i thought we were just not even playing 3rd we had great opportunities but could not finish and was still sloppy. OT Was just a major heart attack. But with that all been said i think we could have easily had that game and I expect a great bounce back game on Saturday. And like always we need our best players to be our best and tonight was just not that night and I'm pretty sure our top guys will respond great on Saturday.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!

Edited by MoKovy

What??? 5 shots in the dirst period, something like 17 all game and who knows how many missed chances.

I know we can bounce back but that was no way a game where we played "great" dude, wake up

1st game is a feeler that goes to OT, we controlled the puck and had a ton of chances...what game were you watching?

1st game is a feeler that goes to OT, we controlled the puck and had a ton of chances...what game were you watching?

I saw a game where we looked slow, where we looked like we couldn't control the puck and couldn't do sh!t with any opportunities. We were obviously at home tonight and couldn't do dick with the gifts of chances we were blessed with.

Listen I'm not one to just berate our team but I wanna be real when I say we were outplayed for a majority of this game

LA is 100% not the team to just "get a feel for" a game, especially when at home. It's not the end of th world but at least jus realize we jus lost home ice to a pretty good team... Not a good look