GDT New Jersey Devils at Flyers

ZeroGravityFat

Posted this on HF and I'll post this here too... my thoughts on today's game.

Games like this just re-enforce why I hate the Flyers and their fans so much more than the Rangers. Their team is a bunch of classless cheap shot artists, their coach is a whiny little girl, and their fans are unbearable.

Really? You think a bad call in the middle of the first period and a 2-0 lead derailed the Flyers and ruined the game for them? Do you forget there's over 40 more minutes of hockey to be played PLEASE.

I don't even care that the Flyers came back and scored goals... I was more worried about our team getting back on the bus tonight without having any more injuries to deal with because of cheap shots by the Flyers. Simmonds throwing haymakers at Volchenkov, Hartnell cheap shotting Poni and a few of our other players, and Rinaldo... what a piece of crap. Flyer fans and players should be absolutely embarrassed at what went on today.

GREAT game by the Devils, I'm loving Poni and Bernier on the third line. Our star players were our star players.... game of the year for Kovalchuk too... now let's get some healthy bodies back and take it to the Pens tomorrow!

Great job guys!

Edited by njdevil26

Keep in mind that w won with many injuries...having henrique and zajac would have helped in the third for sure

Not too mention we had 2 of our shutdown D in the box with one of our biggest offensive threats in the box.

Who did that leave on the ice for that time as far as D goes? Fayne, Foster, Tao? Who am I forgetting?

Keep in mind that w won with many injuries...having henrique and zajac would have helped in the third for sure

I can't agree about the injuries... they were without Pronger, Briere and JVR. We didn't have Zajac, Henrique, Carter, and Tallinder though. Pretty even.

Not too mention we had 2 of our shutdown D in the box with one of our biggest offensive threats in the box.

Who did that leave on the ice for that time as far as D goes? Fayne, Foster, Tao? Who am I forgetting?

Andy Greene.

Harrold, too, who was playing as a winger but presumably saw time at D for that stretch (and I'm pretty sure earlier as well).

Dressing 7 D was probably a good idea, especially in retrospect. But it doesn't mean much when you're playing about 3 or 4 7th defensemen.

I don't even care that the Flyers came back and scored goals... I was more worried about our team getting back on the bus tonight without having any more injuries to deal with because of cheap shots by the Flyers. Simmonds throwing haymakers at Volchenkov, Hartnell cheap shotting Poni and a few of our other players, and Rinaldo... what a piece of crap. Flyer fans and players should be absolutely embarrassed at what went on today.

Something tells me that their players and fans are actually proud of all of that stuff. It's just the losing that they don't like.

Chinese food for dinner!

I'm thinking Vietnamese personally.

Edited by Devils Dose

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti

Video board of Wells Fargo Center was showing replay of Kovy-Schenn fight, but ended replay before Kovalchuk's right hand dropped Schenn.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical

Apparently their announcers claimed the slew foot on Parise was "Just a trip with the stick" as well. So typical.