Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

We're all cracking up about this:

http://youtu.be/Vn3GDgINXxQ

Is this a do-over from a Canadian hockey show?  Anyhow - it's pretty funny poor old dude. I try not to be that chick - but my husband is so NOT that guy. He's the dork who calls me and tells me what's going on and messages pictures and stuff.  I only just found out none of his friends knows he does this!

That was friggin funny. Dude was relentless and single minded, gunna get what he wanted out of the night no matter what she sed. I'm like that. 

Can someone tell me wtf happened to the sense of humor on this site?  Did Triumph and friends truly successfully snuff it out?

This is what happens when non-hockey players take over a message board.  That's it... I have my answer.  I thought it was just me -- it's a message board so of course it's all about ME.  But I see it's not.  The friend who showed me the clip above was equally floored that no one even commented -- it's weird of you all.  It's like you guys dont understand hockey!!  it's like no one has ever played!!!  It's WEIRD!!!!  It's STEPFORD BOARD here!!!!

I've been losing it like crazy here and there -- but now I see it all for what it is... 

It's like Invasion of the Hockey Snatchers!!!  

:wacko:

:giggle: You sed Snatch!  

When I was in first grade my neighbor and I came up with a game called war.  Basically we pretended that all the baseball bats and hockey sticks scattered across our backyards were swords and anything that can be thrown was a grenade.  One day he came over with a new grenade which happened to be an ice hockey puck and he chucked at my face.  I had to get a few stitches on my eyebrow and couldn't go to recess for like a week.  In conclusion, I don't really have any advice for you, go to a doctor I guess.

Well put!  :haha2:

Edited by Masked Fan

Anyone who doesn't wear at least a visor is out of their mind in my opinion.  I still wear a full cage and probably always will.  I never have to worry about taking a puck or stick to the eye or losing any teeth.  I don't trust other players to be careful with their sticks and as we saw from Marc Staal's injury, you never know how the puck is going to be redirected after it is shot.  Not to mention if you take a stick to the cage you can keep playing, but if you aren't wearing any face protection and get hit with a stick, you most likely don't have the puck anymore.

I'm really excited for my cousin - she's on the Alaska All-stars (high school hockey) and they're going to Nationals this April.

my friend from work also just eliminated the evil bastard team last night during their playoff run.  He's their Capt even though the league doesn't have Capt per se.  He scored and he's OLD - older than I am ... :unsure: actually he's not really old... 46. He was so dreading the game - he NEVER dreads hockey night.  I'm so glad they won!

Edited by Pepperkorn

I am so freaking BORED!  I'm trapped in my office on my ass doing paper pushing. 

I just want it to be summer.  I want to be outside.  I dont mind the lingering lameass winter but I want to DO something.  I dont want to chainsaw trees - that's kind of traumatic.  I love the animals but you can maul sheep for just so long.  They are getting sheered this weekend.  But that means working on a hundred flippion' sheep which I'm sure I won't be doing -- I'm too lit-tuhl...  :rolleyes: (we're doing our two with a friends 80 plus Dorsets.. ack)

I love this late winter - it's been really great and I liek the anticipation of the spring and all... but I'm now getting cabin fever a little... btu theres no jobs to do yet.  I dont slaughter and stuff... You knwo and theres all this clean up and getting ready for the Spring meat haul and the incoming fiber haul HUT(&(BIPVNj dkvuip aui  bhdbvhip hgu[ngjip buv[ UHG

BLAHBLAHBLAHIGO H389

I am so BORED at this very moment is all....

Edited by Pepperkorn

I don't understand what the big deal really is about wearing a visor? It's completely clear enless you get sweat on it or something how would wearing one really effect your Vision? Do they glare up or something? I mean if I was a player in the NHL I think I'd rather keep both of my eyes in my head and wear a visor then not wear one and risk something Happening.

I don't understand what the big deal really is about wearing a visor? It's completely clear enless you get sweat on it or something how would wearing one really effect your Vision? Do they glare up or something? I mean if I was a player in the NHL I think I'd rather keep both of my eyes in my head and wear a visor then not wear one and risk something Happening.

I don't think I've ever actually worn one, but they can distort your vision a little bit and when you look down the bottom of the visor creates a big line right in front of your face just like if you wear eyeglasses.  Also they can fog up while playing and can get scratched while playing or just while carrying it around in your equipment bag, though NHL players probably don't need to worry about that since I'm sure they can get a new visor whenever they want.

Full cage is the way to go.  You don't even notice the bars in front of your face when you're playing, your whole face is protected, and you don't need to worry about fogging or scratching.

It's all so stupid.  Of course all my heavy self-important Hunterdon buds all think the US will be sending an army to their home so they NEED as much firepower as possible and the bigger the clip the more invaders they can take out... that's when you just have to roll your eyes and think Have another Coors you stupid self-important fat fvck - cause you KNOW the Readington police force is just itching to invade your claptrap shanty.  :doh1:  OK -- to be honest - the worst offender of this kind of talk is a geriatric academic down in Lambertville.  So it's really: Grab another shot of Makers you wrinkled old pedantic pontificating prune - better you should stockpile some depends should Mayor Dave and the turkey-assassinating Lambertville sharp shooters knock on your door  <_<

<_<  it's SUCH bullsh&#33;t and STILL these jerkwads get all hyped up about it...  it's so painful to have to listen to - because it's all just sematics.  No one wants to do anything more than win bragging rights "I win"  Really, win what?  A few cosmetic changes or lack thereof? What a waste of time and breath the whole thing as it stands now.

Pepperkorn, you're the one getting hyped up about what other citizens are doing, and launching ad hominem attacks at them. You're also prejudiced against fat people and old people. You're a bigot. Oh, well.

The gun-printing video was fascinating, by the way.

Edited by Jerrydevil

so what else is new?  and you forgot, I don't like drunks either.

EDIT:

:huh:

My... that's strange... this very evening on Facebook a friend posted to all who would read, a longer version of a very similar message - :rofl:

The posts content was very different though - above was just a distillation of the first 2 paragraphs.  I hope you did see it and agree with it!

Edited by Pepperkorn

I wear a visor now and I have to say I can't tell the difference. I feel safer and haven't missed a beat.

Good choice, i have always had to wear one for games due to my age in our Rec league, but when we did a few drills at the end of a session one day i took it off and hated it, i just didnt feel comfortable.

In the past i think they used to, but the ones you can buy these days are so much better, i used to have stock CCM visor which was just a reinforced peice of perspex and it used to fog up all the time, it was hopeless. Then after a few years i switched to and Itech visor (the one which at one point was the mandatory visor for junior players in the OHL etc) and have had no problems with it since, no fog, no glare, i dont even notice i am wearing it.

I don't think I've ever actually worn one, but they can distort your vision a little bit and when you look down the bottom of the visor creates a big line right in front of your face just like if you wear eyeglasses.  Also they can fog up while playing and can get scratched while playing or just while carrying it around in your equipment bag, though NHL players probably don't need to worry about that since I'm sure they can get a new visor whenever they want.

Full cage is the way to go.  You don't even notice the bars in front of your face when you're playing, your whole face is protected, and you don't need to worry about fogging or scratching.

I think they have addressed most of the issues you mentioned at the start, although if you don’t take care of a visor you can end up with those problems .I do agree though if you want full coverage the Cage is the way to go though. I still managed to get a stick up around my eye in training one day as the guy lifted it under my visor. Luckily he noticed and stopped playing and removed it.

Is it just me or do some posters on this board break down the game so much it doesn't seem like a game anymore?  I mean. Fuvk. 

It's not just you. We could use a few more posters who just like to kick back and enjoy the game -- or at least not take their own opinions so seriously.

Edited by 95Crash

Probably been years since I posted here but I saw this preview for a new TV show and one of the characters is clearly a Devils fan.. Figured I'd get chased off if I posted on the main board lol

http://preview.blip.tv/lite/modelwifeshow.html?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=taboola_preview-model-wife-nickname

It's not just you. We could use a few more posters who just like to kick back and enjoy the game -- or at least not take their own opinions so seriously.

that seems to be the same way a lot of sports are going. Baseball's completely gotten the fun beat out of me by the stat people. Even though they're right, it's not fun anymore. 

Tonight is a trauma night for my friend - her dad is a coach for Yale and she is a top administrator for the Quinnipiac athletics dept. So funny my parents live probably equidistant form both schools!  We'd party at Yale and hike by Quinnipiac.    My husband just said "So... Hamden really IS a hockey crazed town isn't it?"  DUH?  What have I been telling him for the last 17 years?

• 2 weeks later...