NFL Week 2!!!

CRASHER

New drug policy has passed- a bunch of guys can play this week now, including Welker and Dion Jordan. Josh Gordon's suspension reduced to 10 games. More leniency for weed/amphetamines treated as street drugs, not PED's/HGH testing begins effective immediately.

And now apparently that's hit another snag.  I'm so tired of hearing about THIS story too.  They're coming back, they're not coming back, they're getting x number of games...yeesh.  The NFL WISHES Michael Sam was a distraction now :P

And now apparently that's hit another snag. I'm so tired of hearing about THIS story too. They're coming back, they're not coming back, they're getting x number of games...yeesh. The NFL WISHES Michael Sam was a distraction now :P

Yep saw that. I figured it was probably too good to be true lol.

Don't worry about Michael Sam, Jerry is saving him for Breadt 0cancer Awareness Month as a lame-ass makreting ploy :P

Holy sh!t I channeled my inner red with the spelling in that last post :P

There is a lot of opportunity for some exploitative females to take advantage of some testosterone driven/dumb football players right now.

There's also an opportunity for pro atheles to be a bit more intelligent and NOT put themselves in these situations too

Yeah absolutely. The kid is 4 years old. It's one thing to give the kid a couple wacks with the wooden spoon or a slap (my parents hit me when they felt it was necessary, and when they did I deserved it and I'm glad they did it because it taught me a lesson), but this is flat out unacceptable.

The spoon or hairbrush was my mother's weapon of choice.  My father was fine just using his hands.  My dad was quite capable of turning around to smack me or my brother while he was driving without even swerving.

I wouldn't say I was an abused kid, but my dad wasn't shy about hitting either one of us if he felt like he should...even in front of our friends.  It's not like he was the only dad who was like that...I witnessed some of my friends get smacked too, and the 70s and 80s were a much different time...that being said, I thought it sucked then and think it sucks now.  It was humiliating and demeaning, more than anything else..I think my dad could've gotten his points across without slapping me (I had more than one fat lip and bloody nose as a result of his temper).  One time I kicked him in self-defense and he really let me have it.

When I was a kid I got into a lot of fistfights (up until I was about 12), and I think my dad's hitting me had something to do with it.  I don't hesitate to yell at or punish my 6-year-old daughter if she's doing something wrong, but I decided a long time ago that I'm never going the hitting route with her or any future children I might have.  I just don't believe in it.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

The spoon or hairbrush was my mother's weapon of choice. My father was fine just using his hands. My dad was quite capable of turning around to smack me or my brother while he was driving without even swerving.

I wouldn't say I was an abused kid, but my dad wasn't shy about hitting either one of us if he felt like he should...even in front of our friends. It's not like he was the only dad who was like that...I witnessed some of my friends get smacked too, and the 70s and 80s were a much different time...that being said, I thought it sucked then and think it sucks now. It was humiliating and demeaning, more than anything else..I think my dad could've gotten his points across without slapping me (I had more than one fat lip and bloody nose as a result of his temper). One time I kicked him in self-defense and he really let me have it.

When I was a kid I got into a lot of fistfights (up until I was about 12), and I think my dad's hitting me had something to do with it. I don't hesitate to yell at or punish my 6-year-old daughter if she's doing something wrong, but I decided a long time ago that I'm never going the hitting route with her or any future children I might have. I just don't believe in it.

My folks used it as a last resort- but believe me, when I got hit, I deserved it. I was a wise-ass who didn't always respect authority, and if I mouthed off or showed them disrespect, my dad gave me the back of his hand. But again, it was reserved for when I REALLY stepped out of line. I will raise my kids the same way. But I can certainly respect where you're coming from CR. There's a difference between discipline and abuse.

My folks used it as a last resort- but believe me, when I got hit, I deserved it. I was a wise-ass who didn't always respect authority, and if I mouthed off or showed them disrespect, my dad gave me the back of his hand. But again, it was reserved for when I REALLY stepped out of line. I will raise my kids the same way. But I can certainly respect where you're coming from CR. There's a difference between discipline and abuse.

I don't think there's right and wrong when it comes to raising and disciplining children, as long as it's not outright abuse.  I'm definitely not saying hitting your kids automatically equates to abuse by default (and I can tell you understand that I wasn't going there).  For the parents who do choose to give their kids a quick whack or two when everything else has failed and they have simply had enough (parents are human and far from perfect of course...they can only take so much)...I think in very limited doses, that won't lead to kids being scarred for life. 

It's funny, you learn from your parents' mistakes...one thing I hated about my dad is that he didn't hesitate to embarrass me in front of my friends or anyone else...heaven forbid he took a few seconds to pull me aside and discipline me privately.  I decided a long time ago that I would always take my daughter in as private a setting as possible to let her know when her behavior is not acceptable. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

This game was Kap. Plain and simple. Week two is a bad week for SF, week 2, last year was the blowout to Seattle.

The SF one just happened a week later than some people thought, at some point you had to figure all the injuries/defections/contreversy on their D was going to catch up with them.