WWE/TNA/ROH - Wrestling Thread

Satans Hockey

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a network called VELOCITY that wants them, but the rights fees are like a quarter of what Spike pays them, so without backing from Panda Energy, they'd have to be a stripped-down indy with a six-sided ring. 

Plus losing Bully Ray after the next set of TV tapings (sans Hall of Fame induction for Bound for Glory) is like the kiss of death for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Wednesday?  Non-typical wrestling night.   But makes sense with the NFL on Thursday now.

Between nXt airing on the $9.99!!!!! NETWORK!!!! and the rumors of Smackdown going to Thursday too they had no choice

Between nXt airing on the $9.99!!!!! NETWORK!!!! and the rumors of Smackdown going to Thursday too they had no choice

I saw on PWInsider I think that Smackdown is now staying on Fridays, unfortunately. I miss having impact on Thursdays, Thursdays were my big wrestling nights between it and NXT :(

• 2 months later...

While good news indeed......that wasn't what I was referring too :lol:

Listened to it today on my drive down. It was all pretty much what I expected Punk to say except for the staph infection...that's just gross negligence of the highest level. It'll be interesting to see if Vince addresses it at all on Stone Cold's podcast tonight.

Also, Punk's impressions were spot on. Ryback saying "I'm dumb as fvck" got me :lol:

The WWE can't win if they acknowledge any of Punk's podcast, its just going to shine more light on it and make a bigger sh!tstorm than this IS....well unless they fire the idiot doctor.....punk's HHH impression was funny as hell too!

Says something for Punk's drawing power that the broadcast damn near broke the internet :P

The weird thing is, the doctor was on Jericho's podcast with Ziggler like a month ago, and they have a fairly long discussion about Ziggler's concussion after he cashed in MITB. I want to go re-listen to it now and see what he says about it, but it sounds like he/WWE was pretty competent in handling Ziggler's concussions

• 2 weeks later...

Holy sh!t. If you didn't watch NXT R Evolution, go watch it now. Kevin Owens debut, Balor/Itami vs. Ascension was sick, and Zayn/Neville is the match of the year. Best start to finish PPV in the last two years

Edit: THAT FVCKING ENDING

Edited by RSC

• 2 weeks later...

What ever happened to Roman Raines?

He got hurt.....he's just coming back.....and now he's getting massively exposed for all his flaws since they plan to push him to the damn moon despite not being CLOSE to ready (and his other SHIELD brethren being miles ahead of him at this point)

He got hurt.....he's just coming back.....and now he's getting massively exposed for all his flaws since they plan to push him to the damn moon despite not being CLOSE to ready (and his other SHIELD brethren being miles ahead of him at this point)

It's going to be interesting to see if the crowd ends up turning on him. WWE is finally hitting that spot of having to push some of these younger guys simply because there is nobody else left. I can't even imagine to see what the WWE is gonna be like 5 years from now.

It's going to be interesting to see if the crowd ends up turning on him. WWE is finally hitting that spot of having to push some of these younger guys simply because there is nobody else left. I can't even imagine to see what the WWE is gonna be like 5 years from now.

The problem is two-fold.....they keep picking the wrong goddamn guys!!! (the crowd LOVES Ambrose, even Rollins has the crowd hating him proper....or even Orton got hot due to the lil OUT OF NOWHERE videos...and they send him off to make a damn movie....but yet they want to shove Reigns down our throat to the moon....those god awful "grunt and swagger"...."interviews" if you can call them that....when Reigns was injured was a classic show of that overpush....he's NOT ready and this is gonna get ugly)

They have so much goddamned talent....but the mismangement of them all is criminal (look at any nXt call up and how they get screwed up when Vince tries to "mold" them.....there's a reason I stopped watching Raw two weeks ago....I might check in after New Year's since we're hitting Wrestlemania season....

It makes storyline sense and gives direction for all of the anti-Authority babyfaces from now until Wrestlemania, so I'm fine with it. Sting has a reason to wrestle Triple H, when Orton comes back he'll be fighting the Authority and not just remnants of it, etc. Not to mention Rollins going super heel last night to force Cena's hand was spectacular 

It makes storyline sense and gives direction for all of the anti-Authority babyfaces from now until Wrestlemania, so I'm fine with it. Sting has a reason to wrestle Triple H, when Orton comes back he'll be fighting the Authority and not just remnants of it, etc. Not to mention Rollins going super heel last night to force Cena's hand was spectacular 

HHH has all the motive he needs to face Sting already because of Survivor Series

...the D-Bry comeback story is also enough

Orton and Rollins is easy enough to set-up

same thing with the poor sap getting fed to Roman Reigns (probably Lesnar)

the "evil, heel bosses running the show" stuff has been beaten to a bloody and painful death now....

HHH has all the motive he needs to face Sting already because of Survivor Series

...the D-Bry comeback story is also enough

Orton and Rollins is easy enough to set-up

same thing with the poor sap getting fed to Roman Reigns (probably Lesnar)

the "evil, heel bosses running the show" stuff has been beaten to a bloody and painful death now....

Couldn't agree more about the heel boss / heel gms. It hasn't been good since vince ended it with Austin. It's this crutch that they can't seem to not lean on and I'm beyond sick of it. It's so unoriginal and so damn boring.

Does anyone really want to see sting vs hhh? Is this really what we are going to waste stings first Mania event on? Bray wyatt should be going against sting if taker isn't gonna wrestle anymore. So many missed chances.

I have a feeling someone is going to cost Bryan the rumble match, maybe Rollins? That will only help whoever eliminates him to get over more as a heel.