Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

Alas, the you suck people. The reason we can't have nice things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way the FB Devils fans make it seem, they really NEED the "you suck" part.  It's the air that they breath and without it they are suffocating and having their fan experience ruined by the inability to shout in unison with thousands of other man-childred "you suck"

• Like 2

The way the FB Devils fans make it seem, they really NEED the "you suck" part.  It's the air that they breath and without it they are suffocating and having their fan experience ruined by the inability to shout in unison with thousands of other man-childred "you suck"

I can see it now:

Team scores 5 goals, gets booed after every single one because of the song, never score more than 2 rest of season.

In reality, my hatred for parts of our fanbase is going to skyrocket Saturday, its inevitable because of the truth that is laden in the quote above.

I can see it now:

Team scores 5 goals, gets booed after every single one because of the song, never score more than 2 rest of season.

In reality, my hatred for parts of our fanbase is going to skyrocket Saturday, its inevitable because of the truth that is laden in the quote above.

I totally agree with you guys.  Much like water, stupidity seeks it own level.  

They probably threw that in there to prevent people from being able to jam in 'YOU SUCK' lol. You know it would happen.

They're never going to stop people from doing it. There are tons of ways to insert "you suck" into that song.

I guess you could just have a goal song that is constant screaming. That might be the only way.

Edited by David Puddy

For me the "goal song" means nothing, I like Goals For not Goals Against. I am sorry but there is no place for "You Suck" at a game with kids in attendance. "Rangers Suck" at a game without the Rangers playing makes no sense to me, I must be missing something, BTW the same with the FLyers. But it seems that the "Goal Song" for some Devils fans is more important than winning games and making the playoffs. I just don't get it.  If you can give me a reasonable other side of the issue, I would appreciate it, thanks

• Like 1

For me the "goal song" means nothing, I like Goals For not Goals Against. I am sorry but there is no place for "You Suck" at a game with kids in attendance. "Rangers Suck" at a game without the Rangers playing makes no sense to me, I must be missing something, BTW the same with the FLyers. But it seems that the "Goal Song" for some Devils fans is more important than winning games and making the playoffs. I just don't get it.  If you can give me a reasonable other side of the issue, I would appreciate it, thanks

You're asking for logic from people who would rather boo cause they cant yell "you suck" than just cheer the goal being scored. Good luck.

For me the "goal song" means nothing, I like Goals For not Goals Against. I am sorry but there is no place for "You Suck" at a game with kids in attendance. "Rangers Suck" at a game without the Rangers playing makes no sense to me, I must be missing something, BTW the same with the FLyers. But it seems that the "Goal Song" for some Devils fans is more important than winning games and making the playoffs. I just don't get it. If you can give me a reasonable other side of the issue, I would appreciate it, thanks

Goal songs are fun, they pump energy into the crowd when done right, and overall make going to a game a better experience. It might even help the home team for all we know.

On the other hand, a bad goal song, or fans that yell you suck make an enjoyable experience less so. By way of comparison, John Sterling, the worst play-by-play guy in the universe, ruins the joy of a Yankee home run by a canned call and his ridiculuous rhymes.

And btw, I tweeted the Devils to tell them I liked the song, but that they should dump the recorded "let's go Devils". If you feel the same way, maybe you should do the same thing.

I was under the impression they had fan-recorded LGD chants this year.  If they go with the stupid canned chant again it'll ruin almost any song :P

Are you aware of the world kids live in today?

I understand where you're coming from but a hockey game is not exactly a "child-proof" environment. They don't endorse the chant, and I think it would be bad if they did, but there are other things at hockey games that aren't kid appropriate ie beer/drunk fans, etc.

I am sorry but there is no place for "You Suck" at a game with kids in attendance.

First of all, when exactly has a hockey game ever been a 'kid friendly' or 'family friendly' environment? The game alone is pretty violent, and football is more so. There is every place for it, no one is twisting your arm to participate but don't go calling those who do "classless" or "unsportsmanlike" (sportsmanship is for the team on the ice, there's no Lady Byng for being warm and cuddly to opposing fans). In fact it should be encouraged that we are trying to make the arena a hostile place for opposing fans. Not to the point of any violence but to the point that we will take all their $h!t and dish it back to them 10x.

As for the suck and swallow...come on, you know every kid knows words like that by the time they reach 4th grade, tops. and by not much older they certainly know the innuendo of it. This is where it's incumbent on the parents of these kids to make it clear that they disapprove of them repeating it. It's not up to management to go around playing policeman and scolding you for heckling opposing fans, the ref, or using f-words, s-words or whatever. The goal song was tradition, a thing this team is huge on. When RR2 was first pulled people were pissed because they just thought management was being a bunch of dicks, they lost the license to use the song or of course caved in to whiny soccer moms who complained 'think about the children!" When in reality, we found out later Gary Glitter is a pedo...yeah, I wouldn't want to be associated with that...

Since then, they've tried all these other songs because A) They're still hung up on trying to censor the crowd, so they're looking for something border-lined "Kidz Bop" to play that can possibly backfire B) They think they know what the fans actually want C) They can't find something that will start a new tradition everyone can get behind. The song is just as much a part of the game for our fans as scoring goals, making big saves and throwing huge checks. The on-ice play is our team's identity, the way we celebrate is the fans'. Honestly I don't see the gripe against it. It's just words, it's harmless. If you don't like it, sit there like a stick in the mud and pout about it while the rest of us have a good time...

Edited by Legion15