Devils Party

msweet

OK first some pictures... I'll add some stories as I go.

http://uniquephoto.smugmug.com/gallery/2651595#140181433

Ok, first let me just say that Ken Daneyko is just a great guy.... having him over the house was just like having one of your buddies over. He was gracious, he signed everything for everyone without hesitation, and he was extremely kid friendly.

I thought it was quite endearing how he made himself at home.... he seemed to genuinely have a good time.

There were several people from the Devil's organization there. Jason, a VP, a videographer, Jason's assistant, 2 Devil's girls (who handed out party bags), and the guy who IS NJDevil.

NJDevil as it turns out, was the NCAA collegiate mascot champion. I guess Lou really like those USA college boys.

The party went about as expected with guests arriving after 6:30, all a little confused about the Devil's theme. See, other than Devilminder, no one knew that Ken Daneyko was coming. My friends and family know I am a big Devil's fan, so they thought I was just having a Devil's theme.

Ken Daneyko was a big surprise when he showed!

Kenny came in, greeted some guests, took a family picture, and proceeded to sit down at the dining table an eat dinner... said he was hungry!

Best moments of the night were the Cigars we smoked out on my patio, after the guests had left.

He spoke about a fight he had the Stevens (when Stevens was with the Caps) and he said he made Scott Stevens 10 best hits list.... he had his head down and came across the blue line and Stevens hit him so hard he spun like a top.

He spoke about what a joke-ster his old coach Tommy McVeigh was and how in the old days, partying was an accepted practice.... the coach would cut you some slack if you weren't "ok" during practice.

He had nothing but the highest praise for the Devil's organization and the way he's been treated.

Jason from the NJ Devils, handed out some Newark brochures to the guests, and answered some questions about that stuff (stuff we already know)

(and if there is anything anyone wants to know, please ask)...

Rebecca is going to LOVE that bathtub pic... she seriously loves the Mascot... it's her Scott Stevens :doh1:

Well, on the bright side he won't be retiring on her any time soon :evilcry:

Hey -- like how Dano got the good chair! :giggle:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Hey -- like how Dano got the good chair! :giggle:

I walked into the Den and he was sitting there.... it wasn't like I was going to Archie Bunker him out of MY chair..."hey meathead, get up!"

It was the first time I didn't mind someone else sitting in my chair :evil:

I walked into the Den and he was sitting there.... it wasn't like I was going to Archie Bunker him out of MY chair..."hey meathead, get up!"

The chair is one thing but the remote :o

Even my 3 year old knows better she'll take it from my wife

and the say " Mom that's not yours. Here daddy" :evil:

Hey, if Dano came to MY house, I'd let him take the chair home with him. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.