60 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome of game.

• Win in regulation.
    • Lose in regulation.
    • Win in OT.
    • Lose in OT.
    • Win in SO.
    • Lose in SO.

scratched out a win? NJ did not scratch out a win, they clearly outplayed Carolina. It was a little tense there for a while, but who the better team was rarely in doubt.

Agreed.. NJ just seemed like the better team the whole game so to be honest I was never worried that we would lose it.. Definitely refreshing compared to last season when a 3 goal lead didn't feel safe

Edited by Colin226

and yeah the floppicanes managed to dive their way to some power plays and somehow got the refs to not notice their high sticks (i counted 3 missed calls, but it might be 4). eventually the parade to the penalty box will have to stop, although i think today's penalties were not a result of being caught on their heels, but just strange plays in general.

scratched out a win? NJ did not scratch out a win, they clearly outplayed Carolina. It was a little tense there for a while, but who the better team was rarely in doubt.

While it did sound like on the radio the Devils had the better of play in the first ten minutes and the third period, the fact is shots on goal were equal for the game, scoring chances were equal and power play opportunities were equal. Plus it was a one-goal game with under a minute and a half left. It was much better compared to Saturday but I'd hardly call it a dominant effort.

and yeah the floppicanes managed to dive their way to some power plays and somehow got the refs to not notice their high sticks (i counted 3 missed calls, but it might be 4). eventually the parade to the penalty box will have to stop, although i think today's penalties were not a result of being caught on their heels, but just strange plays in general.

Zubrus got sticked with about 4 minutes left in the game. The ref was looking directly at him from about 5 feet away. Somehow missed it. :rolleyes:

power play opportunities were not equal. the devils got 2 PPs very late in the game, one with an empty net. i won't be surprised if scoring chances aren't lopsided, but NJ never trailed in the game, whereas Carolina trailed for long stretches.

Edited by Triumph

New Jersey dictated the play most of this entire game. They had trouble finishing through the first and second for bits, but that's hockey.

They dominated.

And is it possible that we can get Get Real some timeout time for screaming expletives at another board member? I would so love to see this place's oldest troll ride the pine for a bit. It would bring me great joy.

I though the Devils had the puck on their sticks a lot more then Carolina. The penalties should have been very lopsided in favor of New Jersey but refs missed a spear to the nuts and 3 high sticks while Carolina drew two stinkers by diving. The scoring chances were fudged a bit by two broken sticks on good onetimers and 3 2 on 1's messed up by trying to make a fine pass. Not to mention Carolina had a goal along with a few shots caused by a linesmen tripping up Mills late in a shift causing a turnover and the other goal was an unlucky tip.

didn't realize this game was at 1PM. Glad we won haha. More of the same when i'm not watching! :)

You can't watch games anymore. Sorry.

the other goal was an unlucky tip.

I thought Moose was unlucky, but I'd argue that Greene was getting outplayed before the tip. He was getting pushed around, and Canes had a good chance either way. Obviously the puck hitting his skate was fluky and made it worse, but he didn't impress me on that play.

Most recent thread, what are people's thought on acquiring Tuomo Ruutu some time in the new year if Carolina is out of the playoff picture. He makes 3.8 million and is an impending UFA. Some key stats:

- He draws nearly double double the amount of penalties that he takes per 60 (undervalued asset)

- He is a big RW who goes to the net and plays well with skilled players.

- He has a moderate increase in OZone

- His CORSI is managable on a poor team.

He clearly isn't the 57 point player he was last year seeing that his shooting% were a little high but with a team like NJ starving for RW he could be a 50 point RW that draws PP's.

Edit: Also, next season, where would a player like Nikolay Zherdev fit with New Jersey. He faces decent competition, destroys them territorial wise while drawing a positive in the penalty category. All he cost Philly was 2 freaking million dollars. Slot him on the wing with Josefson and Kovalchuk.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Most recent thread, what are people's thought on acquiring Tuomo Ruutu some time in the new year if Carolina is out of the playoff picture. He makes 3.8 million and is an impending UFA. Some key stats:

- He draws nearly double double the amount of penalties that he takes per 60 (undervalued asset)

- He is a big RW who goes to the net and plays well with skilled players.

- He has a moderate increase in OZone

- His CORSI is managable on a poor team.

He clearly isn't the 57 point player he was last year seeing that his shooting% were a little high but with a team like NJ starving for RW he could be a 50 point RW that draws PP's.

Edit: Also, next season, where would a player like Nikolay Zherdev fit with New Jersey. He faces decent competition, destroys them territorial wise while drawing a positive in the penalty category. All he cost Philly was 2 freaking million dollars.

well as for Ruutu i have him in 2 of my pool, i'd take him but i'd rather go for a RW instead maybe

and i want Zherdev has far as he can be from NJ